Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2017 9:32:25 PM EDT
For those that have one on your 320, what are your opinions?  I ordered one because I like the profile and am hoping it will help alleviate the slight sting I get from the stock trigger (not adverse).  My Glock has a more straight profile trigger and I really like it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 9:41:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I have thought about getting one for my p320. Just dealing with that spring is the only reason I haven't yet. Maybe once my arm is better from where I royally fucked it up I might give it a shot.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:00:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have thought about getting one for my p320. Just dealing with that spring is the only reason I haven't yet. Maybe once my arm is better from where I royally fucked it up I might give it a shot.
View Quote

Apex's video makes it look easy but I've heard that it's not so simple.  Hope you have a speedy recovery with the arm!
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 10:35:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Bought 1 shoot 200 rounds with it and swapped it back to stock trigger. There was nothing that I hated about it. I just shot much better with the stock trigger.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 11:27:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Just bought one a few weeks ago and I love it. Actually liked the stock trigger so was hesitant to switch but glad I did.  Really great feel and seems to be more forgiving, especially at speed Also if I can install it, anyone can. It took a while but was able to get the spring in.. there are some good YouTube videos that help.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 1:48:40 AM EDT
[#5]
It's pretty easy to install, but the spring can be a pain. That being said, I'm going back to the stock trigger. I installed the Apex trigger few months back,  but didn't really warm to it. I thought I'd be awed by it. (I love my Apex kit on my Shield). Shot the stock trigger a bit more, and then based on these type threads, reinstalled the Apex to see if I was missing something. I put 200 rounds through it today with the Apex. After that, I just didn't care for it at all. So I've again gone back to the stock trigger.  I shoot better with it, and it feels better to me.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 4:53:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Installation was easy, but I tried the Apex and put the adverse trigger back in. More comfortable for me to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 7:20:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Is the Apex trigger a shorter reach?  Does it allow for a more even trigger pull (left/right pressure on the trigger face)?
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I ended up calling Sig and getting an Adverse trigger sent to me as well.  At least then I'll have an option if I don't love the Apex.  Either way, the original old style trigger is going in the trash.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I have an APEX on my SC was that sent to the Sig Armorer...  it's pretty awesome.  

Swapped one into my compact, and I'm meh.   I did 50 rounds today with both, and I really didn't have a preference at all.  

I may have shot the standard trigger a little better, because the higher shoe made me grip "up" on the gun a little more which seemed to help.  

My finger tends to want to ride the bottom of the trigger which the APEX seems to better suit, but I will need to remember to grip "up" if I keep it in.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 6:23:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I have one on my P320 FS.  I haven't been to the range yet but here are my initial observations:

PRO:
Trigger shape makes you more aware of your finger placement.
Trigger pull geometry seems better.
Quality product.

CON:
Trigger return spring was a PITA to reinstall.
No tab like the Adverse Trigger to keep crude out of the FCU.
If not paying attention to finger placement your finger will get dragged along the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:27:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I have the Apex in my 9mm Compact. I have a 9mm Full-size on the way right now... the Apex trigger for it will be here before the gun will.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 11:22:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I had a chance to try out the Apex this weekend and I like it.  It feels smoother and lighter but I'm guessing it's the different geometry vs. the stock trigger.  I didn't have the sting/numbness in my finger like I did with the stock trigger (I'm expecting the stock adverse trigger I received eliminates the sting as well).  I could only shoot about 3-4 mags with the stock trigger before it was too uncomfortable.  I made it through 150rds with the Apex with little to no sting.

I think I'll probably swap in the adverse trigger for the next range trip just for a benchmark comparison but the Apex is definitely a keeper.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 1:08:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I have one in my P320C, I like it but i also am a big fan of the feel of a flat trigger in general.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 2:01:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I have one for my compact.  I like the look and the extra reach.  Maybe because of the fulcrum effect, but the pull seems longer and the weight is more noticeable than with the stock trigger.  I've switched back to the stock trigger which seems shorter, smoother, and lighter.
The YouTube video is bullshit.  Yes, the spring unhooks easy enough, but it doesn't just pop back on like they show.  Needle nose pliers and patience are mandatory.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 2:40:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 3:49:16 PM EDT
[#16]
The P320 trigger install is nowhere near as complicated as an M&P trigger install. In fact, it might even be easier to do a P320 trigger than a Glock trigger.

Reinstalling the spring is the only difficult part and, if you watch a video first, it's not even that difficult. Just have some needle-nose pliers handy and you'll be done in no time. The first one I did - literally - sitting in my Jeep in the parking lot of the gun shop.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 4:35:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:13:10 AM EDT
[#18]
An easier way to reconnect the trigger spring is to leave the trigger bar outside of the housing (so the L shaped part is sort of dangling outside/behind its home).

You can easily loop the spring home w/no tension, then wriggle it all back into place. Try to pinch the trigger and bar at the same time w/your left hand to keep them from coming out in the process.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top