Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2016 11:11:13 AM EDT
I have to say it, that for what ever reason Sig has really dragged their feet on releasing a Threaded Barrel for the full size P320.
Only reason I think they would do so is they are going to release a P320 gun such as a Tactical series with a factory installed TB and they are afraid it would hurt sales.
But it's funny they have a Carry size TB barrel and no fullsize TB.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 1:30:20 PM EDT
[#1]
As someone who is wanting to start getting into pistol cans, what is the advantage of a FS vs compact? I don't have experience with them yet, but it seems like it would be less front-heavy/unwieldy to suppress a compact than it would a FS. Or is there some other advantage, like the FS would be quieter?
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As someone who is wanting to start getting into pistol cans, what is the advantage of a FS vs compact? I don't have experience with them yet, but it seems like it would be less front-heavy/unwieldy to suppress a compact than it would a FS. Or is there some other advantage, like the FS would be quieter?
View Quote

Some folks just like fullsize pistols. I want a can for my P320RX because reasons. You can argue the longer sight radius = more accurate, but meh.

If anything, a longer barrel could potentially make it louder because the longer the barrel, the more completely the powder burns, and therefore more power and velocity, to a point. I'm sure past 10"-16", you would lose velocity, unless youre using faster powders that burn up quicker for shorter barrels.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 10:01:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in 100%  I called Sig CS and ask if they had one. The CS rep said no and why would I want one.  I like my full size. and I don't use a can full time.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 12:37:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's all personal preference, but I already own a P320FS and like it's feel. I don't really care to go to A Carry size P320.

Quoted:
I'm in 100%  I called Sig CS and ask if they had one. The CS rep said no and why would I want one.  I like my full size. and I don't use a can full time.

I would of told the Sig CS rep , "Because I like a FS and I already own a fullsize".
The Sig CS rep I guess feels that everyone should fit into a mold of Sigs liking and not want outside of what Sig produces I guess. LOL
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 5:41:14 AM EDT
[#5]
i have 2 p320s both full size, been waiting patiently for the threaded barrel for the FS but we just keep getting more crap for the compacts
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 6:46:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been waiting for one of these too, posted on the subject about a year ago hoping someone would have the answer my google-fu couldn't find. Every damn gun out there has a threaded barrel these days except for this one that would be my favorite if I could put my can on it. Instead i shoot my other pistols more. HURRY UP SIG, it has been way too long.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 7:15:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd buy one.  I have the full size RX so I just need the barrel for a great silenced pistol.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 3:39:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'd buy one.  I have the full size RX so I just need the barrel for a great silenced pistol.
View Quote

See.  

This is what I am waiting for before pulling the trigger on an RX
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 11:51:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't know why they did it, but the threaded barrel on my 320 Carry sticks out almost a full inch from the front of the slide. It's longer than any other threaded barrel on any other pistol I have. I don't have a metric piston for my Multimount yet, so I'm not sure if it's a functional thing or not. But a full size with that much barrel sticking out would be really, really long.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 12:29:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I've got one too and it is 4.6" long. 1/10th shorter than a full size.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 12:44:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here, if there was an RX threaded, I'd foo
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 1:16:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't know why they did it, but the threaded barrel on my 320 Carry sticks out almost a full inch from the front of the slide. It's longer than any other threaded barrel on any other pistol I have. I don't have a metric piston for my Multimount yet, so I'm not sure if it's a functional thing or not. But a full size with that much barrel sticking out would be really, really long.
View Quote

It isn't.  They took a FS barrel and threaded it is my best guess.  Keeps them from having to make another special barrel.

OP and anyone who wants a threaded FS gun.  Maybe look into having an extension installed onto your barrel and having that threaded.  People do that with M9/92FS rather than buy a new barrel if their booster needs more clearance than what threading the OEM barrel allows for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top