Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2016 8:20:43 PM EDT
lovin my  P320 compact in 9mm...  talking to a guy at the range the other day who has the 320 compact in .40.  he said instead of buying the whole kit, I could just buy the .40 barrel, spring and mags...is this true?  I just had the X-ray sights installed and it would be nice to use my slide along with my frame and trigger group.  I could switch from 9mm to 40 and be ultra familiar with the entire gun... what do you guys say? thanks!
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 9:34:27 PM EDT
[#1]
That would certainly be cool but I'm not aware of that being true. I would think the dimensions for where the bbl fits in the slide would be slightly different due to thickness differences of the 2 barrels, but I'd love to be wrong about that.

FYI, the xchange kits can be had from QuanticoTactical for about $309 shipped last I ordered. It wouldn't have those sweet xray sights but they do come with the siglite sights and a mag.

ETA, since I have both when I get home I can check and see if the 40 bbl will fit in the 9 slide, but of course that won't determine proper or safe function. But I'm curious so I'll try it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 9:36:31 PM EDT
[#2]
No, he's wrong. You can interchange the barrels with the 40/357 but not going 9 up to 40 or 357sig. You need the conversion kit.  You could probably drop a 9 into the 40/357sig but going up calibers wont work without the kit.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:41:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I just tried and the 40 bbl physically will not fit in the 9 slide.
As Dismas said, a 9 bbl might work in a 40 slide if someone makes a conversion bbl like they do for making Glock 40s shoot 9.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 8:30:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys ..that answered my question!  still up in the air if I want to get a kit in 40, or just buy  another pistol in 40...
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 8:06:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Another gun... the conversion kits are expensive relative to the full gun.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 9:28:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Another gun... the conversion kits are expensive relative to the full gun.
View Quote

This^,

once upon a time the kits were pretty cheap, last time I looked I thought WTF, they really have gone up in price.  I recall them in the $200 range at one time.

Link Posted: 12/22/2016 10:44:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This^,

once upon a time the kits were pretty cheap, last time I looked I thought WTF, they really have gone up in price.  I recall them in the $200 range at one time.
View Quote

If they were $200, I would have multiple lengths in multiple calibers!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top