Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2016 7:05:22 PM EDT
I love sig handguns. I have several. Well, recently I saw a sig p220 stainless elite 10mm in a LGS. I didn't look at it, because I REALLY don't need to mess with another gun, and I knew id likely love it. so, over the last month I have ignored that gun and tried my damnest to NOT look at it, when I had to go to the shop for something... long story short, I looked at it yesterday, and could not stop thinking about it. my biggest issue with the gun though, were the blued magazines. I'm a HUGE lover of the sig factory stainless p220 mags. Well, after a bit of research, I discovered that the stainless 45acp mags are supposed to work great. I played with one of mine, and the 10mm ammo fits fine... then I watched a few vidoes about the gun, a hickok45 video was pretty good, and REALLY got me to wanting one of these.

the final straw was a arfcommer telling me they were not listed on the sig web site, and I better grab this one if I really wanted one of them. I went and looked and all I could find was a ugly assed camp p220 10mm.... I checked gunbroker, and could not find one of them there either.... I was going to wait until next fall to buy one, but it was looking like I might be screwed and have a hard time finding another one. so.. long story short I put it on layaway, and will pick it up around x-mas as a present for myself.

its a beautiful gun. this one is used, but it does not have a mark on it. looks like it just came out of the box.

here is the gun..... cant wait !!    

Attachment Attached File

heres a better stock picture.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 9:47:31 PM EDT
[#2]
does sig make a caliber xchange for those? 45acp or is the frame different?
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:05:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
does sig make a caliber xchange for those? 45acp or is the frame different?
View Quote

I'm not aware of a conversion. however. they use the same magazines, and best of my knowledge, its the same gun as the .45acp. likely all you would need is a sig 45 acp barrel. they make a stainless elite .45acp, so, id say you could likely get a barrel for it.

I might have to do that.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 3:17:37 AM EDT
[#4]
That is gorgeous and you completely suck. Better give us a really good range report when you get it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 11:19:02 AM EDT
[#5]
this is the hickok45 video that helped make me have to have it.

Link Posted: 12/3/2016 7:24:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I just replied to a very similar thread so I'll just copy paste :

I purchased one back in June or July and it is by far my favorite handgun at the moment. I have run reloads and few different brands of factory ammo through it without a single hiccup. Just keep an eye on your brass as it is flung into the next county.

The magazines did hang up a little bit at first while inserting them, but this was corrected by filing down the area of the magazine that it was catching on (advice found on another forum).
Side note: the 10rd magazines designed for the p220 in 45acp worked flawlessly as well. Although your fingers will hate you for trying to determine how many rounds you can squeeze in there.

That said the gun has a VERY solid feel, and the weight of the p220 does an incredible job taming even warmer 10mm loads.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:41:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd like to know where to get one of these beauties.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 11:12:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I spotted this one in a LGS, but I was not going to buy one until late 2017..... until another arfcommer told me they were not being currently produced. best I can tell they made this version for 6 months approx. and stopped. they still make this gun in 45 acp.... so you might be able to buy a 45acp and get a 10mm barrel for it.  when I found out they were not being produced, and were really hard to find, ( could not find one at all on gunbroker or online at all ) so, I jumped on this one.  ( to be fair, they still make this basic stainless steel gun in 10mm, its however camo dipped, so, not shiny )

its a damn beautiful gun. I am planning to add a few other solid stainless guns to my collection... at least a springfield armory TRP 1911.... and MAYBE, a sig p220 elite 45acp... same gun as the 10mm above, just in 45 acp. if I DONT add a 45acp gun, I WILL buy a 45 barrel for my 10mm if I can get one.

I cant wait !!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

They usually show up on gun broker regularly.

I spoke to a Lipsey's rep, they told me their Lipsey's special edition P220 10MM would be ordered again soon. I will have one.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:08:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I just acquired a NIB P220 full frame Elite in 45ACP. Its hands down my favorite Sig, and daily carry gun now. DeSantis makes a great owb holster for it should you decide to carry it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm picking up the p220 10mm in a few weeks. FINALLY got it almost paid off. I play with it everyt ime I go in to pay on it..

soon !

ill get a nice holster like this for hunting season.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#12]
When American Rifleman tested that gun their group sizes were incredibly small. Very accurate gun for sure.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 11:38:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm picking up the p220 10mm in a few weeks. FINALLY got it almost paid off. I play with it everyt ime I go in to pay on it..

soon !

ill get a nice holster like this for hunting season.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/92687/0770e0479a73ebff92f04fe53fcb15a1-138747.JPG
View Quote

Congrats on the Sig 10mm ...

...  Just FYI, but regarding the options on chest holsters for hunting use or just general hiking-in-the-boonies, I can tell you there are three decent choices for a 10mm pistol based on the searches the 10mm Glock 40 MOS guys have done ...

There's the Alaskan Guide Holster (leather) from Diamond D, the Great Alaskan Shoulder Holster from Galco (also leather and similar to the AGH), and the Kenai center-chest holster (kydex). I believe all these makers offer some sort of spare magazine carrier that fits on the rig, but has to be purchased separately.

I've seen a lot of the Galcos and Kenai holsters listed for sale on Amazon. None of these rigs are cheap.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 3:08:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I read the 10mm 220 is bigger than the 45 220 and is basically a different gun that needs special holsters
View Quote

ill find out when I bring it home, as i also have a p220 .45 and some holsters to try out on the 10mm.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:22:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I read the 10mm 220 is bigger than the 45 220 and is basically a different gun that needs special holsters
View Quote

It's got a 5" rather than the standard P220  4.4" barrel.

It's basically a P220 Super Match chambered in  10mm rather than .45ACP, and built on a steel,  rather than aluminum alloy frame.

Same frame size as a regular P220, but with a longer slide and barrel.

It will fit in a P220  slide type, open bottom holster but naturally, not in a standard P220 holster because it's too long.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:25:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:45:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I read the whole gun was wider, but that was on sigtalk maybe. It did seem odd that Sig would make a whole new frame, basically a whole new pistol, just for a limited number of guns
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It got a 5" rather than the standard P220  4.4" barrel.

It's basically a P220 Super Match chambered in  10mm rather than .45ACP, and built on a steel,  rather than aluminum alloy frame.

Same frame size, but with a longer slide and barrel.
I read the whole gun was wider, but that was on sigtalk maybe. It did seem odd that Sig would make a whole new frame, basically a whole new pistol, just for a limited number of guns

It's the same width, 1.5," as regular .45 ACP P220s.

Don't believe everything you read on Sigtalk since people like me post there.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:51:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#20]
All I can tell you about that piece is...FRICKIN AWESOME!

I'd love to have a 220 10mm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top