Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2016 12:35:41 PM EDT
just got my order from Quantico Tactical... all 3 mags are stamped Made in USA not made in Italy like the two that came with my P-320C . they look Identical except the Logo and round count numbers engraving. any issues with these I should be aware of? thanks!

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Never mind I found some info on them... two out of the three hold the 15 rnds.. the other only 14... I'm just gonna paint the base plates white and number them so I know which are which and see how they run at the range.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 5:01:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Hopefully they are better than the US made Promag magazines.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:26:30 PM EDT
[#3]
The Check-Mate 226 mags have great bodies and floor plates, but the springs are shit.  

I have a bunch of the 15 rounders and they hold anywhere from 15 to 17 rounds.  I put Wolff +5% springs in 'em and they function perfect.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:46:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Check-Mate 226 mags have great bodies and floor plates, but the springs are shit.  

I have a bunch of the 15 rounders and they hold anywhere from 15 to 17 rounds.  I put Wolff +5% springs in 'em and they function perfect.
View Quote

yeh I guess the springs are the issue.. I took two mags.. one that held 15 one that held 14..  took them both apart... the followers and base plates were Identical.. the springs were just a bit different....I switched  just the springs and the round count also switched with the spring...  
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 7:03:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow that's disappointing. All the mags I got from QuanticoTactical said made in Italy. That's pretty crappy if they started selling inferior springed mags. Makes me not feel so bad that I missed out on one more 3 pack order. But I feel bad that I directed gunwolf towards that deal for his new 320. Sorry man
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 7:44:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wow that's disappointing. All the mags I got from QuanticoTactical said made in Italy. That's pretty crappy if they started selling inferior springed mags. Makes me not feel so bad that I missed out on one more 3 pack order. But I feel bad that I directed gunwolf towards that deal for his new 320. Sorry man
View Quote

no worries... I saved a bunch by ordering the 3 pack thanks for the heads up!  I can always replace the spring(s) if needed!
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

no worries... I saved a bunch by ordering the 3 pack thanks for the heads up!  I can always replace the spring(s) if needed!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually just checked mine, and I hadn't realized it but several of my 9mm 320 mags (both full size and compact) are made in USA, and several are made in Italy. I don't know which ones were thru quantico, which came with the gun, or which came from a couple EE purchases, but I've not had any malfunctions so far, although I've only got about 500 rounds through them; even so, I'll use the Italian ones for defense and keep the USA made for range only for now. If I start losing confidence in them I'll get Wolff springs. I do appreciate you and Samuse bringing potential issues to my attention. Although I don't think we know for sure yet if for the 320 these are Checkmate (Samuse was talking about 226s), or even if so, if they have spring reliability issues. All of mine have loaded the appropriate capacity out of the box, but perhaps your "14" rounders just need broken in a little bit?

BTW ALL of my .40 mags, compact and full, are Italy. Which does include purchases from quantico so maybe it's just a 9mm thing...
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 5:03:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:45:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I have several of the USA mags, most drop free (I suspect the couple that don't will do so over time as they wear in) and all have been 100% after hundreds of rds.

Tomac
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top