Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2016 7:41:11 PM EDT
Anyone have one or shot one? LGS has one NIB for under $700, 40 S&W. Any problems?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:53:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't know they existed either. LGS has one. Sort of a Frankin-Sig.  Looks good. Just wondering how they shoot or any problems.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:57:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Have one, have not shot it yet.

Its a 224 with an extended grip. I really like the way they feel balance wise. They were selling on gunbroker a few months back for $580's and up. $700 is not bad currently. Reportedly even though the grips are the same size of the standard 229, 229 grips do not fit it. It does come with nice G10 grips, I have not checked this out for myself yet.

Also these were a limited run gun reportedly. SIG is dropping the 224 so not sure if the 229C will be made again or not.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:33:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have one, have not shot it yet.

Its a 224 with an extended grip. I really like the way they feel balance wise. They were selling on gunbroker a few months back for $580's and up. $700 is not bad currently. Reportedly even though the grips are the same size of the standard 229, 229 grips do not fit it. It does come with nice G10 grips, I have not checked this out for myself yet.

Also these were a limited run gun reportedly. SIG is dropping the 224 so not sure if the 229C will be made again or not.
View Quote

Probably leftover 224 slides and no 9mm available...pass.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:21:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Yea I just checked GB and they only have two in .40

When they become available in 9mm I kinda want one...  

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 12:53:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Reportedly SIG made a X-change kit for 9mm but I have never seen one listed for sale anywhere. Also other web forums have reported a 9mm barrel should be able to just drop into it. I tried this but there is some hang up when pulling the slide all the way back. Not sure what the issue is and have not tried to figure it out either. SIG has said this should not be done.

The 229C only comes in 40S&W and 357SIG. No 9mm guns were made.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top