Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2016 1:18:24 AM EDT
Hey, I hate to make a new thread just for this but also hate to list mags that I don't know the value of.  So I figured I would ask here as to what the current market value is on used German 226 9mm mags.  A couple are in VG shape minor finish wear, and a couple have slight freckling on the sides under the finish.  One stamped L.E.O only on the front with serial and other info  Just looking for a general idea since I have heard of them going for quite a bit in the past.  

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 9:10:24 AM EDT
[#1]
There were some new-in-wrapper in the EE a few months ago:  $30 ea.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 10:39:58 AM EDT
[#2]
The Italian ones are better.  A used post-ban dovetail back, about $15-20.  But you can buy new Italians for $19.95.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 11:04:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Italian ones are better.  A used post-ban dovetail back, about $15-20.  But you can buy new Italians for $19.95.
View Quote

I scored a bunch of these for my P226 cheap from AIM awhile back.  After initially loading and using the mags they were hella tight, they have been great mags.  Sig mags can be had cheap now day so OP you really should not expect more than $15-25.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info guys, I know the newer Mec Gar mags are very reasonable and I like them better myself.  The flush fitting ones also hold 17 instead of the factory 15 and I prefer them over these original German mags I have mostly for that reason. But I could have sworn people were paying much higher prices for the older German mags, possibly due to them being Pre-Ban?  I am not sure if there are still German made magazines available but the ones I have I believe are mostly from the late 80s-early 90s with the dovetail notched back and circles with the Tripple S stamped.  But I haven't kept up to date on all the latest things due to my health as of late.  Thanks for your input anyways guys.  And if anyone else has any info on if them being Pre-ban makes a difference due to their older age that would be helpful.  The only reason I even considered getting rid of these is I have quite a few Mec-Gar mags and I thought these sold for more to collectors or people in ban states.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 9:16:40 PM EDT
[#5]
The LE Only is definitely not a pre-ban, the others may be.  I got new dovetail backs in 2011 that looked just like older ones.  The zipper backs are pre-bans.  I think the only state that allows pre-ban is MA, so the market is pretty small.

Post some pics and maybe someone can tell if you have some pre-bans.  I bet they'd go for $30 or so.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:21:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I have been looking for a dovetail to match the other dovetail mag I got with one of the last German made P226s.

They are worth about $30-$35 at VG to excellent condition.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top