Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2016 12:59:27 PM EDT
I've only had this pistol for a couple of months and never notice this - there is a "pin" sticking out of the lower left side of the insert. I contacted SIG's CS and they looked at the pic and said its normal and that this is the same type of insert used in the P239. I haven't had any reliability issues with this pistol. Just curious if anyone that may have one or a 239 can confirm that this is normal. Thanks.

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#1]
That is in the area where the decocking spring is inserted into the locking insert.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:13:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the response. Doing a little more research, I think it maybe the slide release spring.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:10:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I do not have a 239 or 225A but do have several other SIGs of several various models. I have never seen a pin sticking out like that on any SIG before if that is where I think it is. At least that I can recall.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top