Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2016 8:31:26 AM EDT
Besides a plinker at the range can it be used for concealed carry? I have an opportunity to acquire one at a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:43:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Well that depends. Some states have laws against carrying hand guns in certain places with threaded barrels. If your state is not one, then a 226 can be used to carry. It is a full size frame gun so how concealed it will be depends on how you will carry and your body type. With pants on, I use to carry a 226 IWB holster. It would need a little adjusting sometimes when sitting to be comfortable. Nobody ever knew I had it. Shorts, was not going to happen.

I would not conceal carry one currently because I have other smaller guns to carry and I am not as thin as I was 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Good insights Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 11:18:39 PM EDT
[#3]
It can be concealed.  It's not really fun or super concealable, but you can do it.  It has a footprint about like a Glock 17 but is quite a bit heavier.  I shoot a 226 a lot, but carry a 239.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top