Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2016 9:19:10 AM EDT
Just want to try out the SRT type setup and the E2 grips.   All the guns are either West Germany or Germany.    

I want to try to do it myself (assuming it's not to difficult).    

Mostly for range fun....

What would you suggest is easiest to do (if any are that much different), or to get all the parts for?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:39:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I have both the E2 grip and the SRT waiting for me at home.

In just a few weeks, they will be going in to a P226
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:48:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Pretty straightforward to do. I love the E2 texture but I'll point out that if you have large hands like mme the original grip size may suit you better.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty straightforward to do. I love the E2 texture but I'll point out that if you have large hands like mme the original grip size may suit you better.
View Quote

Med/Large...7 1/2 to 8 gloves.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 4:15:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Some of the older Sigs require parts under the grip to be changed to fit the E2 grip I believe it is the hammer strut that the main spring attaches to.  SRT is easy to do and drop in.

I did not care for the E2 over the standard grip.  It felt funny in my hands almost to small but I do not have Trump hands.  I suggest going to a gun store and feel an E2 grip equipped Sig.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:19:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Some of the older Sigs require parts under the grip to be changed to fit the E2 grip I believe it is the hammer strut that the main spring attaches to.  SRT is easy to do and drop in.

I did not care for the E2 over the standard grip.  It felt funny in my hands almost to small but I do not have Trump hands.  I suggest going to a gun store and feel an E2 grip equipped Sig.
View Quote

Might have to make a trip to try it....hate to spend the money and not like it...

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:10:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I've shot the E2 grips with fat trigger on P226s and don't recall not liking it.  

I shot the E2 grips with the short reach trigger and I couldn't use it.  Got my finger pinched between the frame and the trigger shoe.  

I've shot SRT equipped pistols on a few occasions and I didn't think it was anything I would like for myself.  It moved the break back and just didn't feel as smooth as the standard setup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top