Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2016 11:08:51 PM EDT
just jumped on a deal, sig p229 police trade ins, 9mm with 3 mags, from Bud's.  can't wait!

UPDATE:  Got an email and a call from Bud's, they made a mistake -- they are .40 s&w, not 9mm.  Still a good deal, but I ended up getting a refund.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 12:45:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I wish I could find police trade in Sigs in 9mm more often. Lots of .40s around.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:28:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wish I could find police trade in Sigs in 9mm more often. Lots of .40s around.
View Quote

conversion barrel?  reports are that the same mags (.40/.357) will work with 9mm too.

Appears the one at Bud's is a 9mm after all
9mm P229 police trade in $399 shipped
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 10:36:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Well yeah but then buying a conversion barrel atleast the last time I looked isn't that much of a deal. I think the last P226 40-9 barrel was like $180 and a recoil spring.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:01:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn it, and I just jumped on a p228 trade in.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:53:55 PM EDT
[#5]
That is a darn good deal. I wonder if they use the E-1 mags? Also the issue with ordering from Buds is the picture you see is not the gun you are buying.

I wonder where these guns came from. Non-railed 9mm SIGs are either very old or some rare guns.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:25:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Non-railed 9mm SIGs are either very old or some rare guns.
View Quote

older Sigs = pre-Cohen= Better Sigs
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:48:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Non-railed 9mm SIGs are either very old or some rare guns.

I was talking as far as police trade in guns. Non-railed means nothing in relation to Cohen. I have a non-railed made long after he was there.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I went for the refund as well. That was seriously disappointing.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 9:21:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I did the refund as well.  Disappointed as I was looking forward to adding a 229 to my collection.  

I wouldn't have been surprised if I could flip it and make some money, but didn't want the hassle.  

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

conversion barrel?  reports are that the same mags (.40/.357) will work with 9mm too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shows a .40.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:18:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Shows a .40.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shows a .40.

it does now, it didn't until after the weekend.    I should have known the price was too good for a 9mm.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:38:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

it does now, it didn't until after the weekend.    I should have known the price was too good for a 9mm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shows a .40.

I see .40 Sigs all over the place for very good prices because no one wants the .40.

I would love to see Sig 9mms for that price.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:41:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I see .40 Sigs all over the place for very good prices because no one wants the .40.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shows a .40.

So would most of us in this thread that supposedly ordered a 9mm 229 only to have to ask for a refund from Buds when they flipped the script and made the sale for a .40.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 11:04:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So would most of us in this thread that supposedly ordered a 9mm 229 only to have to ask for a refund from Buds when they flipped the script and made the sale for a .40.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shows a .40.

Edit because I reread the post.

Yep, you are right.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:18:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shows a .40.

Now would be a good time to pick one up then.  You can get .357sig with only a barrel swap.  Then you'll have a superior caliber gun and a spare .40s&w barrel for the next time that's the only caliber left on the shelf.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 3:47:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Now would be a good time to pick one up then.  You can get .357sig with only a barrel swap.  Then you'll have a superior caliber gun and a spare .40s&w barrel for the next time that's the only caliber left on the shelf.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shows a .40.

Don't want either caliber.

.45 ACP and 9x19 are always gonna be more available than either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top