Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2016 10:15:21 PM EDT
I recently picked up a 9mm P226.  I'd like to add threaded barrel in either 1/2x28 or 13.5x1mm LH.  Both SilencerCo and Gemtech make aftermarket barrels, and of course there are OEM threaded barrels floating around.

Is there a significant difference in quality/accuracy between the three?  Or just pick up whatever is on sale?  Anything else I should know?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:08:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I got the factory one from Palmetto state.  Works great in my MK25 and Tirant can.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 2:53:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Pick whatever thread pitch you want to go with. I had the factory one but switched to a Silencerco for the .5x28 pitch and only one booster to buy. They are all equally accurate to me.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:00:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a silencer co threaded barrel.  The finish on the factory barrel is a little nicer and the feed ramp is a little wider but I've had no problems with either.  I'm not a good enough shot to notice a difference.  

MOST accurate would be to get a Barsto match barrel and have it fitted to your pistol.  We're talking at least double the cost of the other options considering the barrel alone is over 300 + gunsmithing.  

Someday I'll do this but not until I have purchased a suitable backup Sig to keep me company  

If you already have a can and just need a threaded barrel ASAP order a silencerco and get to shooting since they are in stock everywhere and a little cheaper.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:01:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I had an OEM threaded barrel in my Mk25, then sold it because I wanted all 1/2x28 9mm barrels so I didn't have to change the piston out so much. Went with SiCo and I'm very happy with the quality.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:41:35 AM EDT
[#5]
It's interesting that nobody seems to have much experience with the Gemtechs.

I went OEM on mine, but had thought about maybe getting the Gemtech for my P228.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:00:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's interesting that nobody seems to have much experience with the Gemtechs.

I went OEM on mine, but had thought about maybe getting the Gemtech for my P228.
View Quote

I thought Gemtech was selling SIG made barrels?

Are they not?

Last I looked they were the same price and same thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top