Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2016 12:21:53 PM EDT
Well I finally got to the range with my Legion 229 9mm.

The trigger is nice. If feels just like my Sig 228. (the one I sent to Sig for a Trigger job and SRT install). Very smooth and easy to keep on target.

The grips are a plus in my book. Not only do they look good but they are functional. The G10 is checkered in all the right areas. The back strap checkering is right were you need it and helps maintain a solid purchase on the pistol.

I fired a couple of hundred rounds of 124gr and 115gr with no issues. (mixture of Winchester, Federal and Gold Dot +p).

I shot the pistol side by side with my trusted 228, which I mentioned earlier has some custom shop work done. It was hard to tell which the trigger which was better, so I gave it a tie. Not bad for an out of the box pistol to tie with a custom shop gun, heck I think that is unheard of.

The only winning point the 228 had over the Legion was the sights. Yep, I'm sure you did not see that coming. When I first saw pictures of the new sights Sig was putting on the Legion I was glad that someone was going to put something out to compete with Trijicon HDs. But for me the HDs won out and the only reason is I can pick up the yellow on the Trijicons faster than I can pick up the green on Sigs new sights.

I will be keeping the Legion, but the sights may get switched out, still a coin toss to see if that happens or not.

If you don't have a Legion, I would suggest you put one in your hands. Well, let me take that back, because if you put one in your hands, you will just want to shoot it, if you shoot it you will just want to buy it.

The only thing I'm still scratching my head about is that Legion case and coin I recently got in the mail. The case is too big to fit in any range bag I own and I'm not sure what I will every do with that Legion coin. (heck it will not fit in any Coke machine I can find). Hey Sig next time you make a cool case make it a lot smaller or even better, keep the case and coin and throw me a couple more pistol mags. You know, something I can really use.

I'm not a Sig only fan by any means and I have numerous other pistols by other makers but I will tell you Sig has found something that functions well and looks good. As you know the 220 and I'm sure numerous other Sig pistols are going the Legion way. I think Sig has found a good thing, I hope they keep it up.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 2:00:57 PM EDT
[#1]
If I like the 229 Legion as much as I do my 226 version, it may very end up knocking my G19 out of the running as my go to gun.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I was really close to getting one of these to replace my P220 Carry SAS as my EDC pistol and shed some weight but then looked at the stats. Empty, they weigh virtually the same because of the 229's solid slide. I only planned to use it in 9mm so it really doesn't make sense for me.

They sure look pretty, though.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:03:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Love my 226 SAO  

The case is a head scratcher.  It's nice that it has room I could cut out space to hold all my extra mags... But it lacks a carry handle or even a couple D rings to attach a handle or strap.  Basically it is a big dumb useless case.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:18:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I am a big fan of my 226 SA/DA Legion so I get why you like the 229.

This 226 might be the best Sig I own and I have a few.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was really close to getting one of these to replace my P220 Carry SAS as my EDC pistol and shed some weight but then looked at the stats. Empty, they weigh virtually the same because of the 229's solid slide. I only planned to use it in 9mm so it really doesn't make sense for me.

They sure look pretty, though.
View Quote

Tier 1 operators don't need handles on their cases.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 10:19:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tier 1 operators don't need handles on their cases.
View Quote

He is right you know. High speed and no drag .... You have to hang on to the whole thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top