Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2015 1:43:03 PM EDT
I just picked up a threaded 2022 week ago as a suppressor host (and if anyone has any experience suppressing it and wants to chime in that'd be great too) and in the lead up to purchasing I read that some of the newer offerings were coming with metal guide rods instead of the plastic ones they normally came with. Mine has a January 2015 production date on the box and still has the plastic rod. Did I misread something or do these newer OEM metal guide rods exist?

I really don't have a problem with the plastic rods but if a factory (not aftermarket) metal offering exists I would want it more for peace of mind than anything else.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine is March 2015 and it still had the plastic guide.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 12:23:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine is March 2015 and it still had the plastic guide.
View Quote

Must have read something wrong, oh well.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 6:42:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you want metal?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:40:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do you want metal?
View Quote

Yes and no. There is always the aftermarket to provide something like a metal guide rod and along with it the worry of possible accelerated wear on internal components. I have no idea whether or not that is even a possibility with the Sig Pros but I do remember seeing CZs develop some heavily worn internal parts just from switching to a steel rod from a plastic one from the factory. If Sig started packaging up Pros with metal rods I was going to snag one from the factory but since they're apparently not, nor in the hundreds of thousands that are out there in the wild already, I'm okay with the plastic rod for now.

For you guys that swapped out yours, which one did you go with?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:54:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:12:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah there's a bunch of small shops on Ebay and Amazon pumping them out for like 20 bucks a rod. There was one gentleman that people on here linked to but he gave it up after he was diagnosed with cancer, forgot his name though.

Just curious, are there any long term wear points from using a metal rod instead of plastic that anyone has noticed?
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:00:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes and no. There is always the aftermarket to provide something like a metal guide rod and along with it the worry of possible accelerated wear on internal components. I have no idea whether or not that is even a possibility with the Sig Pros but I do remember seeing CZs develop some heavily worn internal parts just from switching to a steel rod from a plastic one from the factory. If Sig started packaging up Pros with metal rods I was going to snag one from the factory but since they're apparently not, nor in the hundreds of thousands that are out there in the wild already, I'm okay with the plastic rod for now.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you want metal?

Change your recoil spring often on round count schedules wear on a pistol is not a huge concern.  You will go broke before you wear most modern pistols unless you intentionally neglect and abuse the pistol.

Quoted:
Yeah there's a bunch of small shops on Ebay and Amazon pumping them out for like 20 bucks a rod. There was one gentleman that people on here linked to but he gave it up after he was diagnosed with cancer, forgot his name though.

Just curious, are there any long term wear points from using a metal rod instead of plastic that anyone has noticed?

No
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I picked one up from a company called Squirrel Daddy (lol) for nine bucks. For that amount it's totally worth it, thanks for the help all.

Now if anyone is aware of a company that makes a drop/offset kydex holster for a PRO with a threaded barrel I'd be all set.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 3:26:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I imagine Blade-Tech can make one for you. I'd call em. They list the 2022 in their list of guns.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:12:47 PM EDT
[#10]
They list the Gen 2 PRO for the regular OWB and that's without a protrusion for the threaded barrel, but I can always a passage for the barrel (I've done it before).

I'd like to get a duty holster from them but they only offer them for the Gen 1 pistols which is nuts as they haven't produced those for what, five years? Maybe I can get them to start making them?

BTW HERE is the guide rod I got, again only $9 shipped.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I sold one at work last week and the guy wanted me to show him how to tear it down.  It had a plastic rod.  Don't know the manufacture date though.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:36:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
INow if anyone is aware of a company that makes a drop/offset kydex holster for a PRO with a threaded barrel I'd be all set.
View Quote

Just bought a Blade Tech OWB with offset/drop in OD for mine...... Came in a week ago!
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:08:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Just bought a Blade Tech OWB with offset/drop in OD for mine...... Came in a week ago!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
INow if anyone is aware of a company that makes a drop/offset kydex holster for a PRO with a threaded barrel I'd be all set.

I just bought the same thing but with the addition of the stingray loop. I contacted them about altering the holster for threaded barrels and they will in fact do it, just leave a comment before checking out that you need the bottom left open for the extra barrel length. I thought that was pretty cool.

How you like it?

Link Posted: 10/14/2015 10:32:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I just bought the same thing but with the addition of the stingray loop. I contacted them about altering the holster for threaded barrels and they will in fact do it, just leave a comment before checking out that you need the bottom left open for the extra barrel length. I thought that was pretty cool.

How you like it?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How you like it?

I haven't had any range time with it yet (hope to this weekend), other then wearing it around the house & drawing from it... But so far I love it..... I also have a Blade Tech nano IWB for it that I've had for a little over a year. It's also awesome.

This pistol started out as my wifes as a inside the home piece .... I've taken it over and use it for CC and range work... rendering my M&P and Glock safe queens!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top