Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2015 8:45:39 PM EDT
Hey,

It's sort of hard to explaine if you've never shot a sig with a short reset trigger (SRT).
I love the follow up shots on my DA/SA p239 but the first DA trigger pull is ridiculous long.
Is there any way to shorten the DA trigger pull?  Would a regular trigger, not the skinny one make a difference?  
My service p229 has a regular trigger with a "normal" DA pull. It doesn't have the SRT on the SA follow ups but the DA pull is great.

In short the p239 SRT trigger is great other than the long DA.  
Thanks for any advice. My next call is Sig just to see what they say.

I also have large hands if that makes a difference.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 10:23:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I have shot Sigs with SRT, and short triggers.  The trigger itself doesn't make any difference whatsoever in the DA pull.  It's not short, it's simply thinner, so those with smaller hands don't have as long a finger reach for the trigger.
I put SRT's in four Sigs, because I like a short reset, a curse from shooting 1911's for twenty five years.
Before I called Sig for anything but warranty work, I'd look at Gray guns, he does wonders with Sigs.

http://grayguns.com/gunsmith-services/sig-sauer-pistols/
I've heard nothing but compliments on his "Competition Short Reset Package"  it reduces DA to 9# and improves reset without SRT parts.

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 12:29:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have shot Sigs with SRT, and short triggers.  The trigger itself doesn't make any difference whatsoever in the DA pull.  It's not short, it's simply thinner, so those with smaller hands don't have as long a finger reach for the trigger.

I put SRT's in four Sigs, because I like a short reset, a curse from shooting 1911's for twenty five years.

Before I called Sig for anything but warranty work, I'd look at Gray guns, he does wonders with Sigs.
http://grayguns.com/gunsmith-services/sig-sauer-pistols/

I've heard nothing but compliments on his "Competition Short Reset Package"  it reduces DA to 9# and improves reset without SRT parts.  
View Quote

As for sending your sig to GG, lead gunsmith Rick Holm has decided to part ways with said company. LAV has posted an email concerning this on his Facebook page.
With a short trigger I can feel a little difference in pull length on my 228. The downside is I sometimes pinch my finger between trigger and frame when depressing trigger completely to rear. I have medium sized hands.  while i have no problem reaching normal stock sig trigger, I'm kinda in between on which I prefer. With short trigger face installed my DA misses tend to be slightly high right (2o'clock) not so for the stock trigger face. As for the srt kit it is very noticeable and we'll worth it in my opinion
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 6:45:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info. I've got an email in to them to see what they can do.

I also called Sig and they advised you cannot change the length of pull. He did mention that I could swap the trigger for a standard one so it would feel shorter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top