Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2015 11:41:21 AM EDT
Just curious if anybody has a emp. Scorpion or had experience with it I know Sig 1911's seem pretty well regarded and seemed like a pretty good buy at $900.  Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 4:14:17 PM EDT
[#1]
What is the difference between this model and the regular Scorpion model? I looked at SIGs web page and it seems to be the same all but different colored grips. The trigger also looks different but SIG has sometimes shipped guns with different triggers then what is in the pictures on web page. The finish looks darker but not sure if that is just color differences in the pictures as the specs lists the same color for both guns.

My opinion is ... its a nice looking gun. I have not been keeping track of what the regular Scorpion goes for lately but the price does not seem to be a deal to me. Its not a bad price but not the cheapest I have ever seen. I would say its with in reason.

As far as SIG 1911s go...nice guns.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Not to worried on the price the couple I have seen come up locally have been between $1k-1200. A used regular scorpion goes for about $850 on a regular basis. I've tried to snag s few for $750 but no one ever bites

As far as the difference the color is a little richer more of a burnt bronze color, it has a skeletonized curved trigger rather than the flat trigger that I can't stand. Also it has a bit of a funneled mag well that actually just extended grips and beveled a bit. I might change this to a true one piece mag well in the future. We'll see.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 9:07:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I paid just under $900 for mine.

I say go for it. I have the regular scorpion in the carry model and love both of them.

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 9:27:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Picked it up tonight and couldn't be happier.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 9:59:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Pictures like that are bad for my wallet.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:01:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Can't wait to get a surefire x300, also how have the factory mags performed in yours? Tried wilsons?
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Factory mags have run with no issues. Haven't tried any other mags for that reason. I will eventually try the CMC power mags though.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 3:15:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Where are y'all finding them for 900. Even buds wants over 1k
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 5:53:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where are y'all finding them for 900. Even buds wants over 1k
View Quote

Local gun shop. Bought mine back in January.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 9:24:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought mine from buds last week for $905 shipped insured.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 12:36:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Love mine, along with my M45A1

Link Posted: 7/25/2015 7:01:44 PM EDT
[#12]
My original scorpion came with checkmates that wouldn't catch the slide, which is odd, because they are the goddamn mags that came with the pistol and literally every other mag I've tried works fine.

I ended up buying plain old shooting stars (CHEAP) and adding ed brown bumpers (also cheap) and the combo has proven rock solid at a very low price.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:01:43 PM EDT
[#13]
must. resist.

very nice.

Anyone running reloads in theirs yet? Might get rod of this night watchman commander in favor of one of these.
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:15:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought mine from buds last week for $905 shipped insured.
View Quote

must have raised the prices because the one they have listed is over 1k.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top