Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2015 2:28:33 AM EDT

Even before the P320 came out, I have loved this gun in the form of the P250, which I owned numerous examples of in years past. Leading up to my wedding in '13 I dumped most of my pistols to ease that expenditure. I loved the ambi nature and the simple controls of it and the ability to have a large grip without a rubber sleeve. The P320 rekindled my lust for that old familiar feeling so I knew I had to have one.

This pistol came to me like new, and a mere 55 rounds through it and I can hardly believe he shot that many! Not a smiley on the barrel and pristine finish. The only way you would know it was used, was the small bits of grip tape on the large frame that came installed. I am super happy because it came with the large and factory medium frame, as I was planning on purchasing a large frame immediately after anyways. The icing on the cake was an extra magazine he had found in the safe for it as well.

(Pic taken after my 32 rounds, so I had almost doubled the round count before this pic.)

I had gone to Sportsmans Warehouse this afternoon and grabbed a box of Winchester "Super Unleaded" 147gr TMJ's and a box of 124gr NATO spec since all I have at the house anymore are my piles of reloads for the 9mm AR and my former P226 Tacops.

As soon as I got home, it was dark, but the surefire X300U helped fix that problem when it came time to blast a few rounds down range. (I have the patience of a 12 year old on Christmas morning when it comes to new guns, leave none unfired)
I stepped on the back porch, 2 mags loaded with 16 of each round and started shooting at the 100 and 50 yard gongs we have in the back yard. The surefire put plenty of light out to see at 100 but the colder air created a smoke cloud after each shot, making followups slow or blurry. Despite this, I was able to score 3 hits at 100 yards and 11 on the 50 yard with 32 rounds. Not too shabby in the dark with the first time I have shot a P320.   :cool:

The included holster is cheesy, but miles better than sticking it down your crack behind a t-shirt, so don't look a gift horse in the mouth I suppose. I also had a uncle mikes mag pouch in a drawer to round out the plastic trinkets.

We are lucky to have a great kydex shop nearby in Anchorage and so I have already reached out to get a holster and some mag pouches made next week.

I like the Siglights as usual, but may try a set of TFX's after finding I love the Tacops TFO front sight. I'll wait a minute before I make that switch and see if I can get some good speeds with the factory set.

This past Christmas, while browsing the money trap that is Palmetto State on Farrow rd in Columbia, SC, I happened upon this APL light. I had been curious about them, and bought one on a whim to see how it works. I like it quite a bit, and liked how it looked on other peoples P320's but I found a deal killer tonight.

That gap made me go   :( and the trusty X300U came off the AR pistol for its new home. Its a shame, because I like the way it makes the gun flush, but the switches are too far forward for me there.

I can't wait to get a proper holster, and the 10 extra mags I ordered through work to get this rig rolling for the steel and production class shoots this year. I'll get a video of some gong shooting in the back yard this weekend. I'm hoping all my existing thousands of reloads function just as well in this as my P226, especially my lead steel-challenge loads.

The only other thing I can think of wanting/needing, is a trip to Mr. Bruce... We shall see how tax returns come out.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:09:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I love mine, check this out link
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:33:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Strange, my P320 Compacts w/APL's don't have that much gap:

Tomac
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:34:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I could not be more happy with mine! I have both the medium and small frames. I also have a .40 conversion on the way!

Edit: sold my Glock 23 and ordered the .40 cal conversion for the 320.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 1:51:14 PM EDT
[#4]
OK...I'm a Glock guy, have been for years.

How do these compare in terms of trigger feel, reset and reliability?

I held one at the LGS and it felt great in my hand, pointed straight, and the trigger pull felt pretty good, but I know they sometimes feel a bit different dry fired compared to live fire. Been waiting for a range to have some to rent, but no luck yet.

What are the pros and cons between the Glock and the Sig?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:07:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OK...I'm a Glock guy, have been for years.

How do these compare in terms of trigger feel, reset and reliability?

I held one at the LGS and it felt great in my hand, pointed straight, and the trigger pull felt pretty good, but I know they sometimes feel a bit different dry fired compared to live fire. Been waiting for a range to have some to rent, but no luck yet.

What are the pros and cons between the Glock and the Sig?
View Quote

I switched from a G17 to P320C as my EDC pistol last year. I still like Glocks, but the P320 is just a better design in terms of what I look for in a pistol The reasons I liked Glocks so much was 1) Simplicity and 2) the trigger reset.

I liked how you could swap out parts and change calibers on Glocks easily with nothing more than a single punch. But the 320 takes it to an entirely new level. Its still easy to strip down without the need for tools. The slide disassembles exactly like a Glock, with no pins. And the frame's internals are all integrated into one stainless steal chassis that can be removed without tools, pins or anything else. Just a better design in my opinion and it allows you to swap out parts, grips, change calibers, etc. all to the user's preference.

The trigger is also superior to the Glocks I've owned. I always like the Glock trigger because it had such a positive reset. But they were also pretty mushy on the takeup, which was never a huge deal to me. But the 320 trigger has the same type of reset and the trigger press is not mushy at all. I only have a sample size of one so I don't know if all 320 triggers are as good as mine or if I'm just lucky. But I'm very happy with it and its resulted in better groups for me.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:50:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I got a holster for my new P320 yeesterday. .93 Multicam kydex, "FBI"cant, full sweat guard and 1.75" belt loops.

This thing is SWEET!!!

I almost clicked on add to cart at Bravo Concealment on friday, but my roommate told me about a local company in Anchorage that makes custom Kydex holsters. I figured a guy in his garage, but nope, full blown shop. I dropped my pistol off at 10:30 am and had a holster by 1:00pm. He requested that I try it on there to make sure it was exactly as I wanted before I went out the door. Lifetime warranty and local, so I can get shit fixed NOW, not ship and wait. He is about 20% more than Bravo, but well worth it for me.

Sucks he was on his last piece of multicam kydex though, I need mag pouches made too. I'll also get one for MOLLE attachment as well.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 8:23:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I could not be more happy with mine! I have both the medium and small frames. I also have a .40 conversion on the way!

View Quote

Where is everyone getting the conversions from?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:56:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Direct from Sig. Frame took about 1 week to come in even though they quoted me 2-3 weeks. They said the conversion would be 6-8 weeks. It's only been 3. I am still waiting. They don't have either listed on their website, but if you call them the will let you order it...
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:55:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Question on how the APL fits on the 320.  I picked up a 320 and am now looking at the TLR-1 or the APLv2.  So we have this long rail on the 320 but the APL can only be placed in one spot?
This is my first weapon light and I assumed you could mount them anywhere along the rail.  Is this not the case?
My 320 is F/M and it's use will be for inside HD.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:09:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Question on how the APL fits on the 320.  I picked up a 320 and am now looking at the TLR-1 or the APLv2.  So we have this long rail on the 320 but the APL can only be placed in one spot?
This is my first weapon light and I assumed you could mount them anywhere along the rail.  Is this not the case?
View Quote

Like the TLR-1, the APL is best placed as far back as possible to make reaching the control paddles easier, although you can place it anywhere on the rail you prefer.
Tomac
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:16:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Like the TLR-1, the APL is best placed as far back as possible to make reaching the control paddles easier, although you can place it anywhere on the rail you prefer.
Tomac
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomac

Thank you for that.  

Now, why did they make the APL gray instead of Black  Not asking you Tomac, just nit picking.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:36:58 PM EDT
[#12]
As seen in my pictures, the APL could not get any closer to the trigger guard. The light can not go "anywhere" on the rail since it has to index off of the picatinny with a nub on the bottom.

The grey is their black apparently.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
As seen in my pictures, the APL could not get any closer to the trigger guard. The light can not go "anywhere" on the rail since it has to index off of the picatinny with a nub on the bottom.
The grey is their black apparently.
View Quote

Are you using the correct cross bolt? There's no reason I can think of for the APL to sit farther forward on your rail than on mine.
Tomac
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:44:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thank you for that.  
Now, why did they make the APL gray instead of Black  Not asking you Tomac, just nit picking.
View Quote

You're welcome. I believe they call that color "graphite", but it's close enough to black for my needs (YMMV, of course).
Tomac
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:20:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I'd like to know too.  It doesn't seem reasonable to have that long rail but the light is fixed to one spot on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top