User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2015 12:24:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:52:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I will own this
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:21:31 PM EDT
[#2]
It'll be nice having a standard  production gun to compete with the delta elite and Glock 20. I see this as an excellent move by sig. It gives people an option to have a 1911 like single action trigger in a package that will be able to withstand more of the 41 mag power loads that 10mm owners really want. The delta elite is a great gun but cannot take those heavy buffalo bore loadings like the g20.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 12:36:28 PM EDT
[#3]
There will be an additional model not promoted by Sig.  It's a run of 1000, with some nice features (I think).  I've been talking with Sig about this for three years, so it's pretty exciting to see it actually happen.

It's not going to be a factor in the marketplace or anything. Just a commemorative model with a limited run.

Link Posted: 2/6/2015 7:48:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There will be an additional model not promoted by Sig.  It's a run of 1000, with some nice features (I think).  I've been talking with Sig about this for three years, so it's pretty exciting to see it actually happen.

It's not going to be a factor in the marketplace or anything. Just a commemorative model with a limited run.

https://www.durysguns.com/images/uploads/20597/p220-10gtr_sao_productsheet_edited-4__large.png
View Quote

Nice grips, nice everything really.  I can't agree more that a hunting version should have the match sights.  But I think they went a little overboard offering so little in the typical DA/SA lines that are top sellers.  I really hope they don't waste too much time getting some more DA/SA options out there.  Still not sure why the only DA/SA model they made still has the match sights... who want's that type of DA first shot pull in a match/target style?
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 1:02:08 AM EDT
[#5]
When?
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 11:22:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://www.durysguns.com/images/uploads/20597/p220-10gtr_sao_productsheet_edited-4__large.png
View Quote

I stepped up to the plate and put my deposit down for one of these bad boys last night ----   Match target sights, SAO --  yessss.      Shipping in April, i thought it may be a way to get my Sig 10mm fix before the 4 production guns hit mass market.    Great price for what you get too

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 8:14:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I stepped up to the plate and put my deposit down for one of these bad boys last night ----   Match target sights, SAO --  yessss.      Shipping in April, i thought it may be a way to get my Sig 10mm fix before the 4 production guns hit mass market.    Great price for what you get too

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What you got there is a P220 Super Match in 10mm on a stainless, rather than an  alloy, frame and a TFO front sight.

I've got a P220 Super Match myself and the 10mm gun is going to kick ass; I wish they would offer that stainless frame SAO pistol in .45ACP as well.

The only worry I'd have is whether the fiber in the front sight will stay in there due to the extra oomph of 10mm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top