Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2015 1:51:27 PM EDT
I have a mid-1990s Sig P226. On the side of the slide there is a stamping or roll mark of a coat of arms type shield with GV in the shield.
When I bought the pistol the seller said it indicated a police dept. in Switzerland. Doing a google search I cannot find anything from Switzerland or anywhere else that looks like this shield.
I cannot post a pic but does it sound framiliar to any of you?

Thank you
VonBark

Edit to attempt to include pic via photobucket.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:18:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you already know...

Your EE ad.

Probably your Armslist Ad
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:21:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like you already know...

Your EE ad.

Probably your Armslist Ad
View Quote

No I don't know. As indicated the seller I got it from said it was a Swiss PD pistol. Maybe someone here can verify whatever it is.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:44:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a P228 with the same shield. It's the from the Swiss Gendarmerie in the canton of Vaud or Gendarmerie Vaudoise.

ETA:

What year is your P226?  My P228 is a 2000.  It was issued to "Alain Bovy"  

ETA II:
http://www.vd.ch/autorites/departements/dis/police-cantonale/
http://www.police.vd.ch/

ETA III:  Just saw the sale links saying it was a 1995 and noticed your original post said mid-90s.  I was curious as to whether they were switching from the P226 to the P228 or the other way around.  Although I suppose different personnel could be issued different pistols.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:31:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Very cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top