Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2014 12:57:55 PM EDT
any problems with sig 250 9mm? i can get one for $400.00 used. thanks
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote

You can get one cheaper NIB, if you shop around a bit.

Do you like DA Revolvers? If you do not, then you might not like the 7lb +/- long trigger pull of the P250. I like the P250 quite a lot.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 4:12:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one in Compact .40 and like it.
Smooth DA trigger and zero failures.
Extremely easy to clean and lots of modularity in the p250 line.
And you can find them cheaper.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:13:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I call it a semi auto revolver. They are nice. Seem to a a polarizing gun  luv it or hate it
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 11:06:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I have 5 of them.

Got rid of all my other SIG 200-series pistols and went totally with the P250's.

Trigger pulls are 5.5-6.5 lbs, less in double action than many sngle action pulls.

100% reliable.

Really excellent pistols.  As good as anything on the market today,  Period.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:46:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Great pistol.
modular.

multi caliber, changeable grip size. Recommend  obtain spare extractor, spring and pin.

Watched one spontaneously shed extractor,  after a 9mm cartridge case failed to contain pressure in a P250.

shitty commercial ammo, dont know the brand.  Not the guns fault, by any mean, just one of those parts younwont find down at the hardware store.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:49:43 AM EDT
[#6]
CDNN has them new for $329.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:22:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I call it a semi auto revolver. They are nice. Seem to a a polarizing gun  luv it or hate it
View Quote

This. Gen 1's had problems, Gen 2's are gtg. I own 3 P250 9mm's, 2 compacts and a hybrid subcompact slide on a bobbed compact frame that's my EDC. Very KISS pistol w/only the excellent DAO trigger, slide release & mag release to worry about and no DA/SA transition.
Tomac
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:01:21 AM EDT
[#8]
People who own and learn the P250 understand just how superb a pistol it is.

I laugh at the self-appointed "gurus" out there and especially on this site who can't shoot DAO and may know a smidgen about the early Gen 1 P250's and think they can show off to noobies bu denigrating the pistol and relegating it to some sort of "OK for new shooters" nonsense.

The P250 is every bit as good a pistol as any HK or ANY other model pistol made.  I always single out the HK's because it seems among the HK owners are the most outspoken anti-P250 folks of all, likely because they realize they could have gotten 2 or 3 P250s for every HK and in so doing have 2 or 3 every bit as good as the HK.  

We have MANY excellent pistols from which to choose these days and the SIG Gen 2 P250 is right among the best.

One additional issue if you intend to shoot cast lead bullets.  SIG rifling is fine for lead. HK and Glock polygonal "Metford"-style rifling is not advised for use with cast lead bullets.  Many do it and get away with it but it is warned against by the maker due to pressure issues if ALL the lead fouling is not removed.  Another plus for the P250.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:47:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd have to agree with all the other posters, I ran well over 5k through a p250c, with zero issues.

There was one thing I didn't like, and for me it was pretty major.  I ride the reset on triggers, and the 250 reset is literally all the way forward, and it's a bit hard to feel.  I short stroked a couple times in a high stress situation, and that really bothered me.  I actually had a few dreams afterwards of me being in a bad situation and short stroking the trigger...  I still love the pistol, but I will not EDC it as it's just simply not the pistol for me (simply due to my training) in a high stress situation.

Kills me too, as it's just so darn comfortable in my hand!
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 2:16:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'd have to agree with all the other posters, I ran well over 5k through a p250c, with zero issues.

There was one thing I didn't like, and for me it was pretty major.  I ride the reset on triggers, and the 250 reset is literally all the way forward, and it's a bit hard to feel.  I short stroked a couple times in a high stress situation, and that really bothered me.  I actually had a few dreams afterwards of me being in a bad situation and short stroking the trigger...  I still love the pistol, but I will not EDC it as it's just simply not the pistol for me (simply due to my training) in a high stress situation.

View Quote

Were you a longtime 1911 shooter?

Just wondering as I have a friend who has noted the same thing and he is primarily a 1911 shooter.

For me the opposite was true.  I carry a lot in very cold conditions.  I've had situations where accidental doubling took place when wearing gloves and shooting SA pistols {bumpfiring}.  NOT good!  With the P250 I never have that problem and reset is not a problem for me either.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:47:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Just wondering as I have a friend who has noted the same thing and he is primarily a 1911 shooter.

For me the opposite was true.  I carry a lot in very cold conditions.  I've had situations where accidental doubling took place when wearing gloves and shooting SA pistols {bumpfiring}.  NOT good!  With the P250 I never have that problem and reset is not a problem for me either.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mostly glocks; the reset riding is a rifle habit.... that I just can't seem to shake with handguns    And realistically, the p250 reset has a nice click, and became very consistent, it was just not for me.

Ironically, the feature I loved the most about the p250 was the DAO for dry firing!
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:54:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:.

Ironically, the feature I loved the most about the p250 was the DAO for dry firing!
View Quote

Actually, that IS another significant advantage of the system.  It seems sort of unimportant, but is actually a very good feature that allows the shooter to dryfire using the exact hold and manual of arms used in firing live ammo, as opposed to having to cock the pistol or rack the slide, or using DA continuously without training for the transition to SA as with SIG DA/SA pistols.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Do the .45acp frames have a larger grip than the 9mm versions?
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 4:51:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, the .45acp uses a different grip module because of its larger frame.

The 9/.357/.40 all use the same frame and grip modules.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 4:53:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 5:01:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Just for added info;  the FCG which is the serial numbered "gun" by Fed law is the same.  The module, magazine, barrel and slide are different.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:53:46 AM EDT
[#18]
I thought for a 9mm there were two frame sizes, but looking at the Sig website it seems there are actually three. Is that correct?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:08:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I thought for a 9mm there were two frame sizes, but looking at the Sig website it seems there are actually three. Is that correct?
View Quote

Within the grip module there are Small, Medium, and Large. The pistols are shipped with the Medium.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:30:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Within the grip module there are Small, Medium, and Large. The pistols are shipped with the Medium.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know there are 2 but I'm not sure if there are 3 for the Subcompact?

Anybody know?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 11:19:28 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote
I just bought one NEW for way under $400 recently from ARF member, check with him to see if he has more....

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:00:48 PM EDT
[#22]
I think SIG has a tremendous brace of pistols in the P320 and P250.  

When the P320 was first released it occurred to many of us that this was exactly what LE and military is looking for, both having settled with the Glock as a temporary substitute for a little while till the Real Thing emerged.

LOL.

Seriously, tho, the pair is hard to beat.  

If you like striker, the P320 is a great pistol system and really does have the features LE and mil has been asking for for many years.

And if you want absolute second strike hammer firing reliability, the P250 shines, not to mention that some just plain prefer the trigger pull tho some simply cannot shoot it well {come to think of it, that is actually true about Glock-type trigger for some also}.

Let us see what is left of the SIG stable of arms in about 5 years.  I think these two are here to stay.

Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:44:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Anybody know?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anybody know?

That is a good question. I did not think of the SC when I typed that.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:12:43 PM EDT
[#24]
You probably missed my thread on the LE forum but I had been using glock in an official capacity for nearly
24 years before switching to the P320 about three weeks ago, I just added the compact to replace my G19.

Prior to that I carried a P226 on duty for around 2 years, in all that time and thousands upon thousands of
rounds I was never nearly as proficient with the glocks as I was with the sig, when new guns came out I would
test them and go running back to glock.

Then sig started a very aggressive LE test/demo program with the P320 this year and I was intrigued by the
concept, it only took about 200 rounds for me to realize this pistol was something special, not only does it have
the best striker trigger in the industry, (I've shot it back to back with the PPQ and VP9), it is also every bit as
accurate as the P226 which is the most accurate out of the box pistol I've ever handled.

Between the pistol itself and a company like Sig and their team's dedication to the LE/Mil market, I humbly
predict the P320 platform will be the first design in a quarter century able to break the stranglehold that Glock
has on the market, everything is in place, time is all it will take.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:24:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You probably missed my thread on the LE forum but I had been using glock in an official capacity for nearly
24 years before switching to the P320 about three weeks ago, I just added the compact to replace my G19.

Prior to that I carried a P226 on duty for around 2 years, in all that time and thousands upon thousands of
rounds I was never nearly as proficient with the glocks as I was with the sig, when new guns came out I would

Then sig started a very aggressive LE test/demo program with the P320 this year and I was intrigued by the
concept, it only took about 200 rounds for me to realize this pistol was something special, not only does it have
the best striker trigger in the industry, (I've shot it back to back with the PPQ and VP9), it is also every bit as
accurate as the P226 which is the most accurate out of the box pistol I've ever handled.

Between the pistol itself and a company like Sig and their team's dedication to the LE/Mil market, I humbly
predict the P320 platform will be the first design in a quarter century able to break the stranglehold that Glock
View Quote

This is a very interesting assessment especially as the P320 immediately was damned by many internet gurus as "a POS striker 250".

Some of us that already knew how stellar the P250 is got a chuckle but as you say here, more and more folks with experience similar to yours are posting opinions and experiences just as you have.

I have tried to say before with no intent on bashing Glocks {because they are excellent pistols} that the Glocks design is simply outdated.  SO revolutionary as it was, and it was, it is long in the tooth.  The modular concept of the 250/320 system is perfect for today's civilian shooters who are stuck in handgun UNfriendly states where registering a single "gun" and adding carry and field and range options becomes no hassle to the LE realm where those guns obviously have advantages over the Glock system.

I agree, in a few years NOBODY is going to laugh at the 320 tho Gaston may be crying and I suspect there may be a bit more respect for the P250 as well.

I predict that within the next 5-10 years we will see a new Glock system introduced and it will be modular, with steel magazines and you WON'T have to pull the trigger to disassemble it.

In other words, Glock will be parroting SIG's 250/320 system.

PS:  The guy in your avatar is NOT going to outrun Fido.

LOL.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 6:38:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Interesting assessment.

Do you think the P320 may also pose a roadblock to S&W in their effort with the M&P line to reclaim the market they once owned from Glock?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:18:05 PM EDT
[#27]
This is just my opinion it's worth what you paid for it but I don't think the M&P even belongs in the conversation, pure junk.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 8:40:28 AM EDT
[#28]
got the sig 250sc for $379, gun store took $20 off the price, thanks for all the advice, happy i got it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 8:51:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Good job.

Take your time with the trigger.  For those of us who grew up on revolvers it is a natural, but it seems auto pistol folks often initially have trouble with it but after some dryfire and range time acquire skill with it and like it.  I really like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top