Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2014 2:35:56 PM EDT
I recently obtained a 2012 P226R with only 500 rounds through it plus a pair of 18rd and 20rd mags in trade.

Its the standard sight model with E2 grip.

I plan on getting the SRT and maybe the short reach trigger, but it deffinately needs night sights of some sort.

So which night sights do you guys prefer?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I use Meprolight's on my Sigs.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:35:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I use Trijicon HDs on my P226. The HDs are the best sights on the market IMO.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 5:06:17 PM EDT
[#3]
What makes the HD's better than the others?

I was originally looking at Novak rear.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:04:43 PM EDT
[#4]
ameriglos
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:15:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What makes the HD's better than the others?

I was originally looking at Novak rear.
View Quote

The Trijicon HDs allow for very fast and accurate shooting using a 'flash' sight picture, IME, The front sight also stands out and the blacked out rear keeps the focus on the front sight where it should be: http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=5&f=14&t=133139

Of course, sights are a personal preference type of thing but the Trijicon HDs are excellent sights, the only downside is they are very expensive.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:20:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I went with the XS 24/7 with the big dot up front and small vertical line in the rear. Quick picture for up close. Not so great if you are doing long distance target shooting for groups.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:51:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I went with the XS 24/7 with the big dot up front and small vertical line in the rear. Quick picture for up close. Not so great if you are doing long distance target shooting for groups.
View Quote

This is what I use. A tip is not to use the tritium vial for longer range stuff but use the tip of the sight on the top just like a regular set of sights on a pistol.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:44:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Just ordered some HDs

Thanks for the input guys!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:44:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just ordered some HDs

Thanks for the input guys!
View Quote

Good choice! Lets us know how you like them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top