Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2014 6:05:33 AM EDT
I was looking at possibly getting a Sig Scorpion TB but then I noticed the Tactical Operations TB.

Can anyone tell me a bit about these handguns from experience?
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:27:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the Sig Stainless Carry.  Best pistol I have ever owned and by far not the most expensive.  I love mine!
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:36:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the Tacops sig. Very accurate, no stoppages after 500 rounds. Not the most expensive 1911 out there but you get a lot for your dollar.

In fact I am looking to add a C3 to my collection. their guns seem to be nice and tight witha good fit between frame and rail.

Shop around before buying. Going to the shops that usually sale guns cheap, the sigs are expensive. While going to one shop that usually has high prices, the sig 1911 are cheaper by 100+ bucks. the C3 I am looking at is 800 bucks while other shops have it 925.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:51:05 AM EDT
[#3]
My Sig Scorpion TB is fun and accurate enough, just not the most accurate of the bunch, but a nice package for the price...
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I love my Sig Scorpion TB:

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Ditto on the scorpoin TB!!! I must have gotten a real good one, because its stupid accurate, and has not a had a single malfunction in almost 2k rounds. LOVE IT!!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:40:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I prefer the traditional lines of a non sig 1911 they do offer a "traditional" series or did.  

The blocky slide doesn't do it for me.  

You will need to make sure its a specific holster because the regular 1911 holsters wont fit them .
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:27:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I prefer the traditional lines of a non sig 1911 they do offer a "traditional" series or did.  

You will need to make sure its a specific holster because the regular 1911 holsters wont fit them .
View Quote

Most do fit.   May have an issue with some kydex but most soft fit and I have a Blackhawk CQC that is an awesome fit
Buy online and save some cash!
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:58:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a scorpion.  Loved it, got bored, traded it.   I just traded back into a sig tacops TB.  I have not shot it but I can say it is very similar to the scorpion and think it will suit me just fine.

Take a look at both.  For what you pay, you do get a lot for your $.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Most do Very few will actually fit.   May have an issue with some kydex but most soft fit and I have a Blackhawk CQC that is an awesome fit
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most do Very few will actually fit.   May have an issue with some kydex but most soft fit and I have a Blackhawk CQC that is an awesome fit

FIFY
I have been collecting/shooting/carrying 1911s for 25+years.
I had holsters from DeSantis, Galco, Safariland, Bianchi, Tom Threepersons, Milt Sparks, Wilson, etc. Out of 20 quality holsters I think the onky one that fit my Tac Ops was the same one you mentioned because it's a cheap oversized holster.
Earlier this year I received a 5.11 Tactical Always Be Ready Sig 1911 for review.
The only holster that would fit was the one 5.11 sent me that was nylon and oversized.

You can go the custom route and have one made to fit your pistol, but more manufacturers are getting on board and making holsters for the Sig profile.

That is really my only complaint about them. They run fine out of the box. My next 1911 will be another SIG and that's from someone with Colts, Springers and Wilsons in the safe.
As far as suppressors, I found the AAC EVO-45 a bit loud on them, but the TiRant-45 was as quiet as my suppressed USP.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:40:02 PM EDT
[#10]
tacops and scorpion same gun

scorpion - color and grips

tacops, real magwell + 4 mags

thats about the only thing different other than the triggers
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:52:19 PM EDT
[#11]
SIG Nightmare Carry

100% reliable so far. The grip is unbelievable. Love it. Had a local guy make a horsehide holster for it.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:43:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Thank you all for the information.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:49:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I've had a few SIG 1911s and have always found them to be reliable and accurate. Like many "CNC" type guns, fit can vary slightly but they typically shoot well. I no longer have the TacOps Carry TB pictured, but do currently have a non-TB TacOps. And just like the others it has functioned perfectly so far. As I've said in other posts about SIG 1911s, SIG has really hit a sweet spot when it comes to fit, finish, features and price on their 1911 line IMHO.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I LOVE my Scorpion TB and just purchased a Tac Ops for my stepfather just the other day. The Tac Ops does come with four mags vs two. Either way you will love which ever you choose.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:53:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought a Tac Ops TB the other day. I was gonna get the Scorpion TB, but liked the fact the TacOps came with 4 mags, and the FDE guns are starting to outnumber my black guns, so I went with the TacOps. I love it!

SavedImage_0 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:31:31 PM EDT
[#16]
My nightmare carry has been great. Very accurate.

However, I wish I held out for the Scorpion Carry TB. That would be my model of choice.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:01:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I love mine. Functions perfectly both with my Ti-rant and without it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a Scorpion that is outstanding.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 6:37:00 PM EDT
[#19]
I went  cheap and got a tacpac.
It ran a good 400 rounds without cleaning before it got so filthy the slide didnt want to go into battery.
Occasionally my lead reloads would get hung up on the feed ramp. Just shoot plated or fmj now
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 10:25:02 AM EDT
[#20]
I ran another 100 rounds or so through my current Tac Ops yesterday - once again it was completely reliable and accurate. I love the gun.

Here's one of the targets - 8 rounds from 13 yards unsupported. Makes me look good!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top