Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2014 5:17:14 PM EDT
Looking to up grade my 226 with a better trigger and some kind of extended mag release  (Short thumbs)
Tried a buddy's SRT equipped 227 but was not 100% down with the Trigger,
Looking for smoother pull,
any help or info would be appreciated
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:33:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Ok
I did my own research and found a few references for Grayguns that made an extended Mag release but he did not have one for sale on their web site.

A new place has one on their web site.  IDP Tactical, and it fits and has an extended pad where you don't have to break your grip to dump the mag, it sticks out far enough to the front so much i had to trim my Kydex holster but 5 min with a Dremel and no problems.
they also have a trigger i'll buy next week when i get paid.
we'll see
but so far i love the mag release.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#2]
ordered a new P226 trigger today, guess it will take a week to get here as not too many shipping options,
has anyone had any experience with an IDP  226 trigger?
are they as easy to swap out as all of the You tube videos say they are?
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 7:48:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ordered a new P226 trigger today, guess it will take a week to get here as not too many shipping options,
has anyone had any experience with an IDP  226 trigger?
are they as easy to swap out as all of the You tube videos say they are?
View Quote

The hardest part of changing the trigger is getting the trigger bar back in. Once you do that it's easy.

Also make sure the marking on the trigger pin is vertical before you put the locking block back in. None of the videos I've seen said this. Otherwise you'll be wondering why the locking block won't snap back in and you mess with it for 2 hours until you figure it out.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:38:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok kids
I had originally asked for any recommendations for my 226 for a trigger and mag release, after my own searching i found two  that looked and sounded good, one older established and one newer company that made upgrade parts,
i went with the IDP mag-release because it was readily available . . .it worked perfectly (I have smallish hands and thumbs)
I got my trigger in the mail (I went with the IDP again for cost), and last night after work  after watching the  videos for a day or two at work  the change out was realtivly easy  (As MeatBag told me the Locking block was a pain for a few minutes)
the trigger pull is not any liter but it is much smoother, less moment and pull before the break.
once i get used to this set up i will start looking for a sear  and some springs, and see where i can go with it, my goal is to be comfortable enough to shoot some local matches and some steel.
I had no intentions of sounding like an advertisement but  i do like the parts i got and they do exactly what they are supposed too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top