Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2014 12:30:59 AM EDT
I have original night sights on my 229, about 10 years old, but I want to install the exact sights, as my 229 is the most accurate and perfect shooting pistol I have.  Who makes the sights for Sig?  I have seen the link for a good deal on Sig sights on this forum, but I feel this is too good to be true and don't want to mess with that.

Does Sig have a sight replacement program?  

Thanks,

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:45:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe Meprolight makes the OEM SIG night sights, just be sure to match up the number of the front and rear sights when you order a new set so your POI remains the same.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 1:03:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe Meprolight makes the OEM SIG night sights, just be sure to match up the number of the front and rear sights when you order a new set so your POI remains the same.
View Quote

There are no numbers on my sights, I have looked all over with a magnifying glass, all I see MH3, inferring a Tritium containing device.  Unless the MH3 is the number?  

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 2:04:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

There are no numbers on my sights, I have looked all over with a magnifying glass, all I see MH3, inferring a Tritium containing device.  Unless the MH3 is the number?  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No number stamped on the side like this? Are you sure they are factory sights? My P226 had the factory night sights and had numbers on both front and rear sights, but have been replaced with Trijicon HDs (which I HIGHLY recommend!) which do not have numbers. I also have a P228 which still has the factory Meprolights and they also have numbers.

ETA: SIG also offers the SIG Service Plan where they will replace all springs with new ones and install night sights and (IIRC) even reinish the slide, all for about 100 bucks, you may want to look into that.

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:33:22 PM EDT
[#4]
It is somewhat unusual for factory Sig sights to not have a number on them.

Here's the measurement for Sig sights.  

Rear Sight Heights:

#4 = 5.24mm (0.21 inches)

#5 = 5.52mm (0.22 inches)

#6 = 5.80mm (0.23 inches)

#7 = 6.07mm (0.24 inches)

#8 = 6.35mm (0.25 inches)

#9 = 6.62mm (0.26 inches)

#10 = 6.90mm (0.27 inches)

Front Sight Heights:

#5 = 6.01mm (0.235 inches)

#6 = 5.88mm (0.230 inches)

#7 = 5.74mm (0.225 inches)

#8 = 5.60mm (0.220 inches)

#9 = 5.46mm (0.215 inches)

#10 = 5.32mm (0.210 inches)
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:06:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No number stamped on the side like this? Are you sure they are factory sights? My P226 had the factory night sights and had numbers on both front and rear sights, but have been replaced with Trijicon HDs (which I HIGHLY recommend!) which do not have numbers. I also have a P228 which still has the factory Meprolights and they also have numbers.

ETA: SIG also offers the SIG Service Plan where they will replace all springs with new ones and install night sights and (IIRC) even reinish the slide, all for about 100 bucks, you may want to look into that.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Post4Free/Sights2_zps99ad0939.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Post4Free/Sights2_zps99ad0939.jpg

OK. I had to pull out the 20x loop and there is a 6 on the front and nothing on the rear, except for AE and MH3.... The 6 is very, very faint.  This is a 229 in .40, what numbers should I order for the rear?  ETA. Never minced, looked on the Trijicon website and found 6 front and 8 rear

These are factory night sights, I assume the AE is 2004 date, I purchased the pistol new in November 2005.

Thanks,

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top