Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2014 9:06:10 PM EDT
I have a 226. 40 and love it. The muzzle flip is a little more than I'm use to but that is the only negative, if I would even call it that.

I now want a .45 Sig, either a 220 or 227.  In looking at both models, I have a few questions and couldn't find all my answers on Sigs site. There are so many variations it difficult to sort it all out.

I noticed some 220's have just vertical cuts on the front strap and others have checkering.  Which models have checkering?

Can the E2 grips be put on other models, such as the Extreme, etc? What about on a SAO?

How is the trigger reset on the SAO? Is it longer like the original Sig triggers or more like the SRT?

Can short reach triggers be installed on all models?

The 227......
I haven't found one with the SRT trigger yet. Is this available?

Are their 227 models with front cocking serrations?

All the questions I can think of right now. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:23:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I can tackle some of your easier questions....the rest someone else will have to chime in...
Quoted:
Can the E2 grips be put on a SAO?
Pretty sure the answer is no as typically there are separate grips for DA/SA and SAO.  The left grip panel on a DA/SA will have a cut out for the decocker...the SAO left panel is shaped differently to accommodate the thumb safety.

How is the trigger reset on the SAO? Is it longer like the original Sig triggers or more like the SRT?
It's not quite as short as the SRT, but not longer by much....it's definitely shorter than stock DA

The 227......I haven't found one with the SRT trigger yet. Is this available?
Yes, try TOPGUNSUPPLY to see if they have it in stock.  Originally I had heard that they were making separate SRT kits for the p227, but recently I saw SRT kits that were packaged "p226 & p227"

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 7:35:46 AM EDT
[#2]
The 227 comes with the Short REACH Trigger.   You can get the short RESET triggers for them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 8:52:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I would prefer the short reset trigger from the factory. Any idea if this will be offered.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 4:10:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would prefer the short reset trigger from the factory. Any idea if this will be offered.
View Quote

Some of the models come with the SRT.    If you get one that doesn't its 30 minutes of your time, 40 bucks, and youtube to put one in.   Once you do it a few times it only takes about 10 minutes.    Top Gun Supply carries the parts.    They're made by SIG
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#5]
The P227 tactical and the TACOPS models both ship form the factory with the SRT kits installed.  The kits are fairly easy to install, and do greatly improve the trigger, if you buy one without the kit installed.  However if you choose to install it yourself you will void your warranty.  You can ship the firearm back to SIg and have them install it if you use the 20% off coupon they give you for registering a new firearm on their website, the price is not all that bad and it will not void the warranty if they do it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 8:06:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The P227 tactical and the TACOPS models both ship form the factory with the SRT kits installed.  The kits are fairly easy to install, and do greatly improve the trigger, if you buy one without the kit installed.  However if you choose to install it yourself you will void your warranty.  You can ship the firearm back to SIg and have them install it if you use the 20% off coupon they give you for registering a new firearm on their website, the price is not all that bad and it will not void the warranty if they do it.
View Quote

I forgot about the warranty thing.   I'm an armorer so I don't have to think about it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Having the SRT from the factory would be my preferred method.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top