Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2014 7:33:36 PM EDT
Long before I came into the world of Sig pistols I was shooting 1911 and Glock handguns, thus developing my preferred "thumb over" style grip that we all know as Sig owners is a PITA with the P-series slide catch location.

I have been using a P226R for the last several years as my primary range pistol and nightstand gun, I fell in love with the P-Series handguns when the E2 grips, SRT, and Short Reach Trigger were released. Its by far my favorite pistol currently available on the market, feels like a extension of my arm... But there has always been that damn slide catch lever causing FTL issues after every mag, and as hard as I have tried I cannot warm up to a "tucked thumb" hold, nor do I want to change because it works so well for me.

So after thinking about the issue, and the fact that I don't even use the slide catch lever except to lock the slide when the gun is empty (I prefer the slingshot method) I decided the give the lever a trim and make it a low profile lever thats out of my way.

I used a table grinder in short bumps to cut through the shoulder of the contour without over heating the metal, then filed smooth leaving just enough meat to lock the slide with my thumb.  Then dressed the bare metal with Alumahyde Black.

I really like the results, so I thought I would share with you guys

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#1]
BTDT...

P220 SAO, trimmed down the slide stop:

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I figured someone had to have done this before

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:26:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I wish Sig or someone would make a low profile slide release. I just bought a glock 42 and it has the same problem.  The release is a lot closer because of its size.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top