Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2014 4:52:13 PM EDT
Mine are ordered and on there way. I'll post an update on function when they arrive and I can test them out.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 6:54:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Ordered mine yesterday. No threaded barrels, though. Had to register a complaint over that.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 8:27:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Arrived home from a trip to our rimfire range yesterday to find a box from SIG sitting on my doorstep. Inside was my new P938  .22 conversion and free SIG bag. The spare mags I ordered won't be arriving for a few weeks, but they did tell me that up front, when I placed the order, so I'm good with that, for now.

I'm going to unbox it and install it here in just a few minutes. I'll come back and post my first impressions, shortly.

It still pisses me off that there aren't any threaded barrels available for these kits. It makes no damned sense to me that they would release them without offering at least the option, or an add-on part. Sometimes I just don't understand what SIG is thinkiing, it's almost the same as HK's "we hate you" mentality, it seems.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 6:39:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I have to say that the fit, finish, & general overall impression I get from the P938 .22 conversion is very favorable. The conversion for my P220, while it works as well as one could expect from a rimfire arm, the finish and fit were a bit rough.

I have a threaded 9mm barrel in my P938 Extreme, & the SIG fixed night sights. The target model .22 conversion is the long slide version with adjustable white 3 dot sights, so the sight picture is almost identical in everything but color. The long slide actually balances in the hand a bit better than the original 9mm slide, IMO.

Assembly and change over are very easy, taking only moments to pop the assembly pin, slide off the slide assembly, and replace it. The 10 rd .22 mag seems very lightweight and may not hold up to extended heavy use, but only time will tell that tale. My misgivings about the mag may be unfounded.

Over all, I must say that at the sale price, and the free SIG bag make this a very nice value and I expect that this will be an invaluable training aid. My wife is already drooling on it and wanting to go to the range for testing. I want to get the break in started as soon as possible, so I can start ammo testing and see what runs best and most accurately. SIG specifies high velocity ammo be used. In my experience, after about 500, or so, rds of Remington Golden Bullets, just about any decent bulk pack ammo should run just fine, but again, only time will tell.

Still heavily annoyed about the lack of at least the option of a threaded barrel. Yes, I'm going to bang that drum for as long as is necessary to get SIG to listen and realize their mistake. Any help from my fellow ARFCommers would be appreciated, even if you don't shoot suppressed. We ought to at least be given the choice, IMO.

Range report to follow.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 6:42:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I got one a few weeks ago with the brace/bag deal.  It's still in the box.

It was $281.60 with free shipping then.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:46:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I too received mine and it's a well made piece. Nicely finished and a smooth fit to my SAS 938. I really cannot add more than the review above yet. Unfortunately it will be a few weeks before I get to shoot it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:03:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I put 200 rounds through mine.  Other than the slide  locking back on the last round in an odd spot mine worked well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top