Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2014 6:32:16 AM EDT
I just got a new SP2022 9mm and after disassembling without incident, I cannot get the slide catch to snap back in place. When I push the slide catch pin all the way through the frame, I am still getting pressure from the axial spring pushing the slide catch out. When I put the slide catch in without the slide on, I can use a small screwdriver to move the wire over the grove in the catch and everything looks good. When the slide is on I don't have any room for the screwdriver. Also, I shouldn't have to do this for a field strip. The only other thread I can find with a similar issue is this one:Sig Talk  Any help would be very much appreciated. I am trying to avoid sending it back to SIG if it isn't necessary. Would the warranty be affected if I remove the front block that holds the axial spring just to inspect it? I am also tempted just to buy a new spring and replace it, but again I don't want to mess up the warranty.

Edit: Talked to SIG, they said I could send it in, but the wait is 4-6 weeks. I'm hoping someone can help me avoid that.

Edit 2: Fixed!
It looks like the axial locking spring was out of its place in the front slide rail block. I pulled it out and put the spring back and it goes in all the way and clicks. I guess it came like this from the factory because it was literally the first time I field stripped the gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top