Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2014 3:58:42 PM EDT
I am having a heck of a time with that DA first trigger pull.
I just can't keep the barrel from moving around as I push the trigger.
Then I have to adjust for the follow up shots.

I've tried shooting slowly, quickly..clearly my grip isn't as tight as it should be.
Anything I should try or do to stay on target and increase my speed?

I've been a 20+ year 1911 shooter and a 10 month Glock shooter.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Move your shooting hand forward a bit so you can get more leverage with your trigger finger. Also a lot of people don't grip enough with their off hand focus on that as well. You don't have to adjust your hand for single action either. However you shoot in double action you can shoot in single action.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:59:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Move your shooting hand forward a bit so you can get more leverage with your trigger finger. Also a lot of people don't grip enough with their off hand focus on that as well. You don't have to adjust your hand for single action either. However you shoot in double action you can shoot in single action.
View Quote
Google"Fear not, the double action shot" by Ernest Langdon.

Also check out Pistol Forum.com. Lot's of TDA shooters there. They like SIGs.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Use different parts of your trigger finger.  Try not to use the crick at the joint, but instead use the pad of your finger, and concentrate on pulling straight back.  Don't pull as fast as you can if you're shooting further than 3 or 4 yards.  You can pull it fast, but concentrate on making it smooth.  Dry fire a lot, but safety check. (of course I had to say it...)  Change out your hammer spring for a weaker one, then test, test, test your ammo with it.  If available, put a laser on your pistol and point it at a wall so you can see how much the laser moves throughout the trigger pull and adjust accordingly.

If I can learn to use DA/SA, anyone can, I promise you that.  Just takes a little practice.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:30:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy a cheap revolver and shoot that. That solved my DA trigger pull qualms.

I had a NEF Windicator .38/.357. You'll learn to shoot a DA faster than other way.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 9:40:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
 Change out your hammer spring for a weaker one, then test, test, test your ammo with it.  
View Quote

Came here to post this.  Go to Wolffe Springs and get a main spring selection pack......the 17# spring will do the trick, but you'll have to test to make sure you don't get light strikes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top