Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2014 9:07:24 AM EDT
I own a fair number of pistols.  Most 9mm, with a few .45's and a 10mm sprinkled in.

I carry daily, and tend to gravitate towards the 9mm's loaded with 147g due to their high capacity and lighter weight as my carry pistols.

I've been through Gocks, Walthers, M&Ps, Sigs, and Berettas as carry guns and also played with High Power's and 9mm 1911's.

While any of those are serviceable weapons I realized years ago that what I was really wishing for was a reliable, high capacity 9mm with a single action trigger that fit my hand well with a frame mounted manual safety.  Each of those other pistols offered some, but not all of those features.  The High Power was closest, but the stock trigger on the models I was playing with was god-awful heavy with a darn near imperceptible trigger reset.

Enter the Sig P226 Elite Single Action Only.  I had seen where these were out there, but hadn't seen one in the wild before Friday when I stopped in to browse through a local brick and mortar store that had one in the case.  It took me less than 5 minutes to before I had that piece on the way home with me.  Not sure if the price I paid was good ($975.00), but I wanted that pistola.

Frame mounted manual safety, ability to rack slide to unchamber round without deactivating safety, 18 round flush fit Mec-Gar magazines for $25.00 or less, 4.4 lbs factory trigger (average of 5 pulls with scale) with short tactile reset, safety placement shields slide lock with thumb high grip (keeps me from riding slide lock and not locking slide back on last round), factory night sights, and a comfortable grip; I really can't find anything I don't like about this pistol.  I think it might be the only pistol I have ever purchased that I can't think of a single thing I want to modify from its factory configuration.

I plan on running a few hundred rounds through for a function check, and then it damn well might relegate every other pistol I own to collecting dust or occasional range toy.

Good Job Sig.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 9:36:24 AM EDT
[#1]
A single action 226... that's an interesting beast.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:58:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I could be wrong but I think on the newer frames Sig can convert the triggers from SA/DA to SAO for $200.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 12:27:07 PM EDT
[#3]
You might be able to get a brother for your Sig.  There is one... (only one) listed on gunbroker at a starting bid of $799.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:42:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I own a fair number of pistols.  Most 9mm, with a few .45's and a 10mm sprinkled in.

I carry daily, and tend to gravitate towards the 9mm's loaded with 147g due to their high capacity and lighter weight as my carry pistols.

I've been through Gocks, Walthers, M&Ps, Sigs, and Berettas as carry guns and also played with High Power's and 9mm 1911's.

While any of those are serviceable weapons I realized years ago that what I was really wishing for was a reliable, high capacity 9mm with a single action trigger that fit my hand well with a frame mounted manual safety.  Each of those other pistols offered some, but not all of those features.  The High Power was closest, but the stock trigger on the models I was playing with was god-awful heavy with a darn near imperceptible trigger reset.

Enter the Sig P226 Elite Single Action Only.  I had seen where these were out there, but hadn't seen one in the wild before Friday when I stopped in to browse through a local brick and mortar store that had one in the case.  It took me less than 5 minutes to before I had that piece on the way home with me.  Not sure if the price I paid was good ($975.00), but I wanted that pistola.

Frame mounted manual safety, ability to rack slide to unchamber round without deactivating safety, 18 round flush fit Mec-Gar magazines for $25.00 or less, 4.4 lbs factory trigger (average of 5 pulls with scale) with short tactile reset, safety placement shields slide lock with thumb high grip (keeps me from riding slide lock and not locking slide back on last round), factory night sights, and a comfortable grip; I really can't find anything I don't like about this pistol.  I think it might be the only pistol I have ever purchased that I can't think of a single thing I want to modify from its factory configuration.

I plan on running a few hundred rounds through for a function check, and then it damn well might relegate every other pistol I own to collecting dust or occasional range toy.

Good Job Sig.
View Quote

Just curious can that pistol be manually cycled with the safety on ?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:41:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes it can
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:44:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Another guy with a broken camera...
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:06:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A single action 226... that's an interesting beast.
View Quote

Since OP failed to deliver, here's a SAO 226X5.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 1:53:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Kinda big for EDC.....at least for me...

nice gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top