Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2014 8:41:08 AM EDT
Anyone have one yet? I've handled one at the GS. It felt good in the hand. How's the trigger when shooting?

Range report and Pics would be nice.

Thanks 9's.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 9:20:00 AM EDT
[#1]
A couple of guys on Pistol-Forum.com have them.

They seem to like them.

I believe  one went back for warranty work after 5-600 rounds.

Link Posted: 6/21/2014 7:11:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Love mine!
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 7:29:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a striker-fired version of the P250.  Interesting....
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 7:13:09 AM EDT
[#4]
about the best trigger I have had in a long time.  This is what the 250 should have been.
Link Posted: 6/23/2014 7:35:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree, much better trigger than the P250 ever had. Like my full size 9mm version. Not a single failure so far. Very accurate. Makes me look good.

Look up Hickok45's review on Youtube. He seems to really like it also.
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 3:24:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Hickok45 liked it.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyBfrf7iitA[/youtube]

It will be interesting if and when we get them this side of the Atlantic.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I haven't seen one of these in person yet. How's the distance from the trigger to the back of the grip? I have short fingers and a lot of pistols are a bit of a reach for me. My Gen4 G17 is as long of a reach as I can get by with.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 10:32:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I played with one @NRA Indy.  I really liked it, very comfortable.  The reach felt very similar to my 228.  I don't have very large hands either and I dug it.  Trigger was about as good as a factory striker fired gets.

Link Posted: 6/29/2014 1:51:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Has anyone seen spare mags for the 320? Want one, but no spare mags is a deal breaker.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 2:07:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't seen one of these in person yet. How's the distance from the trigger to the back of the grip? I have short fingers and a lot of pistols are a bit of a reach for me. My Gen4 G17 is as long of a reach as I can get by with.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The trigger reach is shorter than the P250, which is very reasonable.

Quoted:
Has anyone seen spare mags for the 320? Want one, but no spare mags is a deal breaker.

It takes P250 mags, which are available from numerous places.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 7:32:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Greg Cote is a good place to buy Sig mags including P250 Mags.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 10:20:00 AM EDT
[#12]
I got one Saturday, took it out this morning...I love it, I think. I shot it next to a G19 (which is my carry piece)...things I had to try and work at to do with the Glock, came naturally with the Sig. I really like it. The only "iffy" thing is the trigger...like Hickok's video, my finger got pinched a bit as well, but I think that's my technique. Just like I had to learn not to shoot with my front thumb against the frame like I normally do with a Glock...as the takedown lever is painful to smack into under recoil I think it's how I'm riding the trigger/finger position, something that I can fix.

I should note - I had the same pinch problem on HK USPs (compact and full size), and my HK45c. So I'm pretty sure it's ME and not the pistol

Takedown is broadly similar to a Glock as far as disassembling the slide with a couple of procedural differences...very simple, easy to clean.

I'm going to try to pick up a compact grip module for it (Supposedly P250 grip modules are interchangeable with it?), and some compact mags and if it all works out, I may be replacing my Glock with it...I really do like it a lot. Factory trigger, compared to a Glock or an M&P, is way better out of the box. I dry-fired it next to an M&P and the M&P was just really long and vague up until the end of the stroke; it's also crisper than a Glock, I think (comparing Gen4). The Sig's reset is just as positive as a Glock, which is really good. The factory sights are night sights and surprisingly easy to track under recoil.

It's still a little high bore-wise but it really doesn't show on the range. If anything I found it easier and faster to recover than my G19, but that could be just me...and I'm no Jerry Miculek, so YMMV

Quality-wise...it just feels really, really good.

Now if holster makers could hurry up and get in gear...
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 11:07:51 AM EDT
[#13]
KT Mech makes excellent kydex holsters for the P250. I don't see any reason why a P320 wouldn't fit. The slide profile isn't radically different.

http://kt-mech.com/models/SIGP250Full.html
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 8:56:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Hmm...I wonder if a compact frame w/full size slide will fit in them...
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 1:19:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks all for the feed back looks like I'll have to pick one up soon.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 2:19:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Great, not sure why they didn't pop up when I was searching. My Google Foo was weak. I pre-ordered a .40 P320 from Hyatt, supposed to ship in 4-6 weeks. I hope to be able to use my Crossbreed snap slide OWB with it. It's sized for a P229R, and works great w/a P220R and even a Glock 22.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 9:37:35 AM EDT
[#17]
It should fit in a P250 holster. I can't see if fitting in a classic series holster.

Theres been a lot of positive discussion on it over on Sig Forums, and there's an initial impression review on Modern Service Weapons.

As for its comparison to the 250, it uses the same mags and grip modules and the same locking setup, but the guns aren't comparable am any real sense as the firing mechanisms are not in any way related.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 2:40:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I imagine the barrel, recoil spring assembly and perhaps some small parts are also interchangeable.

I'd also recommended Lee's Magazines out of Wisconsin, I think? I picked up my P250 mags for $30/each. Best price I could find at the time.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 3:21:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I imagine the barrel, recoil spring assembly and perhaps some small parts are also interchangeable.

I'd also recommended Lee's Magazines out of Wisconsin, I think? I picked up my P250 mags for $30/each. Best price I could find at the time.
View Quote

The barrel is the same but I'm fairly certain the RSA isn't as it's a semi-captured setup. As for small parts, I can't think of any as the gun is so internally different.
Link Posted: 6/30/2014 8:29:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm going to wait for the FDE version with threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 8:20:20 PM EDT
[#21]
I just picked up my P320 tonight and the cheap holster it came with is marked P250 on the side so I'm going to guess that the 320 will fit in any p250 holster.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 8:39:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah I've been googling and it looks like 250 holsters SHOULD fit.

The only "weirdo" of the range is the subcompact, which seems to need it's own holsters...compacts should fit into a full size holster.

I ordered a compact grip frame from Sig which just shipped...I THINK my full size slide should fit on the compact frame. I'll find out soon enough
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 1:28:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yeah I've been googling and it looks like 250 holsters SHOULD fit.

The only "weirdo" of the range is the subcompact, which seems to need it's own holsters...compacts should fit into a full size holster.

I ordered a compact grip frame from Sig which just shipped...I THINK my full size slide should fit on the compact frame. I'll find out soon enough
View Quote

There are some people who have done it with a 250. If the design is as close as suspected, I imagine the results would be the same. A Google search yields some results.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 10:15:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sig told me they take same mags as the P250.......
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 10:17:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
KT Mech makes excellent kydex holsters for the P250. I don't see any reason why a P320 wouldn't fit. The slide profile isn't radically different.

http://kt-mech.com/models/SIGP250Full.html
View Quote

Try the Sig holster...paid $27.95 OTD fits like a glove......
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 2:43:10 PM EDT
[#26]
I picked up a full size 320 in .40, it came with a Sig holster. Didn't expect that, so after the two additional mags, the bag and a holster, you end up four mags, holster, range bag for $600. The trigger feels really crisp and I like the travel and reset. It's a winner in my book.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 4:35:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SIG rep told me that P250 marked mags are getting cleared out of inventory. All new mags will be unmarked as they fit both models. Note that despite the intro of the P320, SIG is not ceasing production of the P250.

I picked up my P250 on a whim because it was at a killer price- it's grown on me quite a bit. Too bad it suffers from such a horrible history.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#28]
i want to get some trigger time, I really like the idea, but I trust the VP9 out the box when Sig USA has put out so many turds in the past.
I would love if there were some extensive torture tests.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 1:02:58 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm thinking of getting one myself
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 7:08:39 AM EDT
[#30]
I usually don't post gun reviews, but since this is a pretty new firearm and there isn't much out there...I'll give my two cents. Bottom line: if you have the cash and are on the fence about this gun, I'd recommend picking one up. Its not going to make you throw your Glocks, M&Ps and HKs into the trash, but its a hard pistol not to like.

I picked up the P320C a few days ago and just got it to the range yesterday. Put ~600 rounds through it, including 124 +P and 147g Gold Dots, 115g Federal JHP, and 115g PMC FMJ. All fed, fired and ejected perfectly. Shot it limp wristed and weak hand-only to see if it would cycle, and there were no issues. I did not get a chance to run cheap steel cased ammo through it, so I can't attest to how it likes the Tula, etc.

Accuracy was as good as any other service pistol in my hands, which is to say its way more accurate than I am. I'm not the type who enjoys shooting from a rest, but I was able to get five rounds into one small hole at 15 yards. I'm sure a better shot could get the same results from a longer distance.

One thing about this gun is that it looks much bigger than it actually is. Compared to my G19, the P320C is about the same width, a little shorter in length and a little taller in height. But bottom line, it carries just fine with a good IWB holster and a t-shirt. It reminds me of an HKP2000 as far as CCW profile goes. The bore axis had me worried initially, since I'm used to Glocks/M&Ps. But somehow, it didn't affect my shooting. Fast/accurate follow-up shots were easy.

Some things I noticed from other reviews were 1) trigger bite and 2) slide lock back problems. I didn't get any trigger bite, which could be due to my grip/hand size or the fact that I have the compact model. I did encounter issue with failing to lock back on an empty mag though. In ~600 rounds, it failed to lock back twice. It was with the same mag both times, so could be a follower issue. Or it could be my grip, since the slide release is much more pronounced than a Glock's.

The major pro that this pistol has going for it is simplicity, which I really appreciate. I am a big fan of the ease with which Glocks can be detail stripped, but the P320 blows it away in this regard. There are no frame pins to contend with, and all the internals can be pulled out as one stainless steel chassis including the frame rails. If you're the type who is really anal about cleaning your gun, then this one is for you. The slide disassembles exactly like a Glock with the exception of the firing pin safety, which is integral to the striker assembly as opposed to being a separate piece.

Another positive is that it accepts P250 mags and holsters, which is what really sold me on the gun. The only real negative to it is the lack of a track record. Being SIG's first foray into the striker market, it will be interesting to see if there are any teething problems like the Gen4 Glocks. But I'm optimistic, and will see how it holds up to higher round counts. Its become my EDC, but I'm definitely not selling my Glock anytime soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top