Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2017 2:58:51 PM EDT
I am looking to see what's out there. I am aware of a couple.

Any specific recommendations?

Ideally this will be going on a War/Battle Belt or just belt set up.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#1]
IWB or OWB?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:51:33 PM EDT
[#2]
if going on a battle belt, then safariland's new reddot/light bearing models are awesome. I love mine. typical safariland security with excellent fit for the red dot.

IWB? CNC Keroman V2

OWB concealment? Raven's roland special phantom.

I've tried a lot of holsters. The above 3 check all of the boxes including fit, function, reliability, concealment, durability, and comfort.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 1:34:04 PM EDT
[#3]
OWB... Raven.  Great product.  Got mine used from eBay for about 80$.  Didn't even want an OWB for my gun until I won mine for that bid. it arrived and looked unused. Very comfortable under a suit and hides well with good retention.

IWB... Bawidamann makes a superb AIWB.  Hides under a TShirt without printing and comfortable for all day wear. Took about 2 weeks to come in... Can't complain about that wait for a Roland holster.
Other good IWB option is Nickydex.com. hides great, still working out most comfortable spot... Its my 2nd favorite behind the Bawidamann.  Was about the same price, but the wait time is much longer.

I've tried a few others, but I'm happy with the 3 above.  Customer service was great with Bawidamann, direct emails within minutes.  Have 2 of his holsters now... One for a G43/TLR6 as well which hides my Rolanito like a champ.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 1:51:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Raven.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#5]
If you're looking for appendix, my guess is that the Armordillo Keroman would work.  I don't have a Roland but I carry my 19/X300 in it and their website claims compatibility with red dots and comps.  I was never able to comfortably carry a weapon light until I got this thing.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 8:14:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I tried a Keroman V2, was incredibly disappointed.  The retention even tightened all the way down allowed the gun to slide freely in and out for about 3/4 of an inch before there was any tension.  This was very concerning from a safety standpoint as it would fully expose access to the trigger.   I talked with them for a while trying to find a fix, but there didn't seem to be one so i sent it back.  Kept asking if this was a lemon or if they were all this way and they never would answer my question, which makes makes me think they are all that way.

I have yet to find a good option for G19 light bearing AIWB.   I don't like the side-car style holsters, tried one of those already too.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 11:00:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I tried a Keroman V2, was incredibly disappointed.  The retention even tightened all the way down allowed the gun to slide freely in and out for about 3/4 of an inch before there was any tension.  This was very concerning from a safety standpoint as it would fully expose access to the trigger.   I talked with them for a while trying to find a fix, but there didn't seem to be one so i sent it back.  Kept asking if this was a lemon or if they were all this way and they never would answer my question, which makes makes me think they are all that way.

I have yet to find a good option for G19 light bearing AIWB.   I don't like the side-car style holsters, tried one of those already too.
View Quote
That's weird.  Mine's been great and I can't remember the last time I was this impressed with a holster.  It's comfortable and the gun doesn't budge unless I tell it to.  Another decent option is the T-Rex Arms Raptor.  I do tend to find it less comfortable though, since the holster tapers back from the light to the slide.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 2:51:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Check out Bawidamann.  No issues at all with retention... I can turn my holstered gun upside down and shake and it stays in place, trigger fully covered.

Dude's work is shamefully unknown IMHO.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 8:21:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I think the factor is how the Keroman V2's retention was structured for a TLR light (which is what i have) rather than the X300.  I tried every possible combination of 3 guns and 2 lights, and all were the exact same lack-of-retention.

For the same reason, I'm out of luck on Bawiddamann as they don't make a TLR-1 compatible holster.  

I've done a fair amount low-light training and shooting and have become very used to the controls on the TLR-1, and really do not like the x300 controls largely due to muscle memory.  I don't want to change lights. but if i continue to be unable to find a holster i may have to change lights anyway.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 10:12:53 PM EDT
[#10]
M3 Tactical Kydex makes a pretty good AIWB holster. I've been carrying my Fauxland for a couple of months in one now.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 10:59:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
You're experience is absolutely opposite of mine.

Retention and trigger coverage are great on mine.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 11:02:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Check out Bawidamann.  No issues at all with retention... I can turn my holstered gun upside down and shake and it stays in place, trigger fully covered.

Dude's work is shamefully unknown IMHO.
View Quote
Now granted I had the 1st version of the Gotham, but the gap between the kydex and trigger was way too large for me to comfortably carry a gun pointed at my nuts.

Turning it upside down, gun falls out after shaking. The keroman had much better trigger coverage, in fact the best of any light bearing holster I've ever used.

In asking some questions, I found comms to be aggressive and accusatory from bawidamann. I know a lot of guys enjoy them, I have no I'll will towards them, but it did turn me away from them.

To each their own
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 12:26:49 AM EDT
[#13]
For OWB, the Trex Arms Ragnarok
For IWB, the Trex Arms Sidecar

I love their holsters. The Ragnarok is quick ship but the Sidecar takes about a month to ship.

Link Posted: 7/26/2017 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Now granted I had the 1st version of the Gotham, but the gap between the kydex and trigger was way too large for me to comfortably carry a gun pointed at my nuts.

Turning it upside down, gun falls out after shaking. The keroman had much better trigger coverage, in fact the best of any light bearing holster I've ever used.

In asking some questions, I found comms to be aggressive and accusatory from bawidamann. I know a lot of guys enjoy them, I have no I'll will towards them, but it did turn me away from them.

To each their own
View Quote
Talk about 180 degree different experiences... Retention on mine is great and I think it covers the trigger better than the Raven OWB does even.

After I got my Roland holster from bawidamann, I ordered a G43/tlr6 holster... they shipped me a 2nd Roland holster by accident.
Sent an email asking for an exchange / shipping label and had a response in minutes.  Polite and professional the entire time.
He shipped my G43 holster the same day and included a prepaid package to ship the G19 sized holster back... had the correct holster in my mailbox the next day.
Email contact throughout was great.

I wonder if we got him on good / bad days?  Eitherway... I love the 2 holsters I've gotten from them.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 12:52:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Talk about 180 degree different experiences... Retention on mine is great and I think it covers the trigger better than the Raven OWB does even.

After I got my Roland holster from bawidamann, I ordered a G43/tlr6 holster... they shipped me a 2nd Roland holster by accident.
Sent an email asking for an exchange / shipping label and had a response in minutes.  Polite and professional the entire time.
He shipped my G43 holster the same day and included a prepaid package to ship the G19 sized holster back... had the correct holster in my mailbox the next day.
Email contact throughout was great.

I wonder if we got him on good / bad days?  Eitherway... I love the 2 holsters I've gotten from them.
View Quote
Like I said, I had the V1 of the Gotham and I was told trigger guard coverage is better on his newer version.

My biggest was that when the gun would "rock" in the holster, the trigger would be further exposed. I know that's an inherent aspect
of a holster that fits numerous guns, but it just didn't jive for me. I'd like to try his newer version sometime down the line, I've just got other projects going on at the moment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top