Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2017 7:34:21 PM EDT
I love my EDC Gen 4 Glock 19, but i could use just a little more grip length down by my pinky finger (I have big silly man hands). A magwell ext seems to be a logical solution, but I already have to give my magazines a good slap on the ass to get them seated properly since installing my Crimson Trace, and I've heard others on here saying the same about their Glocks after installing magwell add ons.

What is the thing to do here? To also install baseplate extensions on your mags? To carry G17 mags instead? Or does anyone with a 19 have any product recommendations or horror stories? I'd rather try an add on product before trying to under cut the trigger guard.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 7:44:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got the opposite hand problem. They're "precision" hands. On my 19.4 I decided to try the Suarez 2-piece CCW magwell and I actually like it a bit. It doesn't really add a lot of length, but it does force my hand up in to the trigger guard harder.
My 19 with magwell on the right:

I think between that one, Agency, Vtac, and the Freya anything bigger will require bump pad extensions on magazines. I wanted to retain functionality with factory mags. Really I just wanted to plug the hole.

PMing you as well
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 8:39:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm very happy with the +2 ext on my G23.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Magpul should have a magwell out around the end of summer time.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 9:42:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I have big hands. The Freya magwell made the G19 go from 'wish there was another 1/4" of grip' to 'wow, my hand fits '.

It pushed my hand up and I find my grip is more consistent now out of the holster.

I undercut one triggerguard on a G19... getting set to do the rest of my herd.  Already put Freyas on every midsize Glock I can.   Need to find one for my 45/10mm framed guns now.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:28:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have big hands. The Freya magwell made the G19 go from 'wish there was another 1/4" of grip' to 'wow, my hand fits '.

It pushed my hand up and I find my grip is more consistent now out of the holster.

I undercut one triggerguard on a G19... getting set to do the rest of my herd.  Already put Freyas on every midsize Glock I can.   Need to find one for my 45/10mm framed guns now.
View Quote
Pretty much mimics my experience as well with my Freya. Works well with stock base plates and every other after market ones I've tried thus far.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:31:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Check out Taran Tactical's Glock 19 mag well. Billet aluminum thats hard anodized. Caution it may make your gun look like John Wick's gun.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:13:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the Agency magwell and absolutely love it... Great fit and finish
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:58:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Check out Steel City Arsenal, someone mentioned Taran...think he was involved with those designs.

I called him direct for product stuff, but he does FB and eBay.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:05:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I love the Agency magwell along with vickers baseplates.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 12:21:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I have the same problem,  so I carry a 17.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 8:09:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the same problem,  so I carry a 17.
View Quote
This is the answer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top