BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 6:28:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Never had a Glock done.

Had two CZ's (P07 and P09) done by Primary Machine.  They milled the slide for the RMR and the back up rear sight.  They installed the RMR and the back up sights and they cerakoted the slide after the machining was done.

Excellent pistols, excellent results.

The RMR doesn't make your pistol more accurate, it does make it easier for you to shoot it accurately though.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#2]
The RMR appears to be back on sale again.

Link
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 2:19:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#4]
that looks sick!! i can't wait for mine to come in....
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 5:56:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Humm... Wonder why they went back on sale
View Quote
They're clearing out Gen 1s.
Probably got more dead stock from Trijicon.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 7:41:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Humm... Wonder why they went back on sale
View Quote
Rumor mill says Cabelas did a bulk buy of the remaining Gen 1 stock... not sure if there is any merit to that at all.

But 349$ for an RMR 06 is a great price.  I picked up 2 from Cabela's and am trying to figure out if I actually need more... looking really hard at my P320 and P07 now... might need 2 more.
Trijicon replied to an email question of mine that they will continue to support and service the Gen 1 RMRs, so I see no pressing reason to go with Gen2 right now.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 8:53:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
RMR is bought, now I am trying to figure out ATEI's site. The drop down options are confusing.
View Quote
That's why I didn't go with them. Well that and I'm not sure they offer irons forward, but I couldn't tell that from the site.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:58:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's why I didn't go with them. Well that and I'm not sure they offer irons forward, but I couldn't tell that from the site.
View Quote
Its under the options for the dovetail:

Link Posted: 7/15/2017 10:13:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

post pic's please...
View Quote
Okay, it's done.

My Maple Leaf Firearms RMR/mill job w/one off rose gold zev barrel.

Link Posted: 7/15/2017 10:35:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I used L&M Precision Gunworks for my HK VP9.

I had reached out to Ashbury Precision Ordnance (a local VA company) and after two emails with no response I went with L&M.

L&M is top notch, good comms, and the work was perfect.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 10:52:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Okay, it's done.

My Maple Leaf Firearms RMR/mill job w/one off rose gold zev barrel.

http://i.imgur.com/QuOnD7p.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zvyl3q9.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jPJ5uYS.jpg
View Quote
looks badass.. can't wait for mine to come in.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 6:34:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 11:25:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
One more question. I see a lot of companies are offering "ported" slides. They are cutting holes in different spots on the slide. Now I know this doesn't help recoil any but what are the advantages/disadvantages? Lighter weight but do they still function the same?
View Quote
My guess is that most of it is done for looks and not performance.

The practical effect is that you are reducing the reciprocating mass of the slide, which may require you to adjust the recoil spring rate.  I doubt the average shooter would be able to tell any difference in the changes to slide velocity or recoil impulse.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 8:51:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Very reasonable prices here.

http://primarymachine.com/ucc-v3/

I like the three window cut for an RMR.  It reduces weight of slide about 2 ounces so all up weight with RMR is close to original slide.
View Quote
If this is the company in Louisiana....I cannot get these guys to return a call or email for anything.  I am in Louisiana, trying to give some home sated business, but will look elsewhere.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 12:53:53 AM EDT
[#16]
I just put in an order with Jagerworks for a RMR cut and front serrations (no windows).

TWPayne, if you're reading this....that's two now, man.  You're costing me a lot of money.  

That said, your Polymer Refined reco was probably the best 'accessory' i've spent money on.  That thing gets rave reviews everywhere it goes.  Ran it at a Haley D5 course and everyone who saw the gun was asking about it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 1:26:01 AM EDT
[#17]
I would do it myself, because I can and it will be right!
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 8:34:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If this is the company in Louisiana....I cannot get these guys to return a call or email for anything.  I am in Louisiana, trying to give some home sated business, but will look elsewhere.
View Quote
Literally every single review I read about Primary Machine is how amazing their customer service and responsiveness is. I have exchanged many emails with Bruce where he replied in minutes, even late at night.
Edit: Are you trying to email them via their "[email protected]" email? If so, you're never going to get a reply because that's a dead email. lol I found out the hard way. his email is [email protected] I can pretty much guarantee you if he's not responding there your emails are going to spam or something as I have yet to read a single review of anyone saying their communication/responsiveness wan't the best in the industry. Not trying to take up for them, I'm just a local customer who has had nothing but amazing experiences with them.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 2:04:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I've had the RMR cut on two different slides by both ATEI and Jagerwerks. Been very happy with both.

Objectively I will say the ATEI install was much tighter. The RMR was perfectly fit to the slide and honestly I'd feel comfortable shooting it without the screws in. That's how tight the fit is. I didn't opt for the black Nitride refinish and there are tool marks you can see but not feel. Had the bosses for the RMR.

The Jagerwerks slide, the RMR is not quite as tight compared to the ATEI, but it doesn't have any perceivable play in the slide either once you put it in the pocket. The RMR will pop in and out no problem compared to the ATEI which I almost needed a rubber mallet to remove. I did get the black Nitride from Jagerwerks and the cut had no visible tool marks, very smooth looking surface. Had the bosses for the RMR.

No issues with RMR flickering on either slide (I use a battle werx anti flicker plate on both) to date, however I have more rounds on the ATEI currently, 1000+. I'll shoot the Jagerwerks more to get the round count similar but don't foresee any issues.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 3:19:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Picked ATEi for my first.

Next I might branch out to another reputable company depending on what I want done. If I want the cool cuts I'll pick JW but if I just want an RMR installed with FCS I'd probably stick with ATEi.

Anything HK would be given to L&M. Not sure about Parker Mountian Machine but his Scorpion products are all right and he seems like a good guy.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 8:16:13 PM EDT
[#21]
My next slide is going to CNC.

His holsters and CS are excellent. His proposed designs are right up my alley. He also has a discount for preorder at the moment.

I trust Clark to do the job correctly the first time around, so he's going to get my next slide.

Outside of that, Doug at ATEI is the gold standard for fitted RMR cuts
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Had Primary Machine do my 19 - RMR07, irons forward, plain black suppressor height sights, graphite black cerakote

Ran a little under $900 iirc...that's optic, sights, milling, cerakote and insured shipping back to me. I think it was right on 2 weeks from the day I shipped it off to the day I received it back. They will 100% have my business when it comes to this kinda stuff in the future
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#23]
I went with primary machine. The work was great, and among the cheapest out there. They fucked up my order, but immediately made it right. I will most likely use them again on my next rmr glock. 
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 4:36:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 9:53:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 10:15:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Forget the Red Dot, unless you just want a fun range toy.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 9:16:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 10:55:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I've just sent mine off to Battlewerx. I considered ATEI, but their website is pretty wonky and I couldn't figure out if they offered an irons forward option.
View Quote
Post a review when you get it back, Im considering sending my slide to them as well.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 8:20:54 PM EDT
[#29]
I just got mine, that I sent because of this thread, back from ATEI. I'm very happy with the work. I didn't do anything special, RMR, forward suppressor sights and a refinish.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 12:37:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Is this the cabelas sale? Which reticle size do guys go with?

Link
View Quote
If you have astigmatism, 3.25 is the way to go.
If you're mounting it on a defensive pistol, the type 2 is the way to go.
You can get it for under $500 shipped if you look around.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 2:02:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You know nothing about this subject, because if you did you'd know that an red dot on a handgun gives an unprecedented aiming advantage. Think of having a laser, only less gimmicky. There's a slight learning curve, but after some practice, you become even faster than using regular sights

I once was ignorant like you, until I shot a Glock 17 with an RMR on it, I had mine converted within a week. It makes that big of a difference.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You know nothing about this subject, because if you did you'd know that an red dot on a handgun gives an unprecedented aiming advantage. Think of having a laser, only less gimmicky. There's a slight learning curve, but after some practice, you become even faster than using regular sights

I once was ignorant like you, until I shot a Glock 17 with an RMR on it, I had mine converted within a week. It makes that big of a difference.
This guy gets it! The dot will also shows trigger press flaws ricky tick.
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 1:44:32 PM EDT
[#32]
So ATEI is the place to fo?

If I don't get the slide refinished, does the RMR cover the whole thing or is bare metal exposed on the slides?  I also didn't see any options for any door on the cerakote options.  Am I missing something or does he only do black?
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So ATEI is the place to fo?

If I don't get the slide refinished, does the RMR cover the whole thing or is bare metal exposed on the slides?  I also didn't see any options for any door on the cerakote options.  Am I missing something or does he only do black?
View Quote
I refinished mine, but the RMR covers everything that was cut and it fits tightly. I don't think there would be anything exposed.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 6:54:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah right, you need to get with the times.
Red dot sights will be the future of pistols, mark my words.  Only a matter of time until LE/Military starts across the board.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top