Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2017 4:50:26 PM EDT
How is the quality of Battle Werx Glock slide milling?  I really like there design but haven't heard any feedback. Are the GTG?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:45:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Can give you some in a week or so. Have a buddy that is waiting on one to return. Got a little behind because they moved their shop, should be in soon though.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:58:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I certainly appreciate any first hand feedback I can get. Thanks.  I've had work done by Jager Werks and love it. I just really like the battle werx design and am struggling with who to send my Glock 19 slide to.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 6:06:06 AM EDT
[#3]
To get a faster response your best bet is to ask some of their customers on Instagram. That's what I've been doing and I've been getting pretty quick replies. I've been looking at about 10 different companies and picking one is a lot harder than I thought it would be.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 8:13:50 AM EDT
[#4]
My first Glock was done by Jagerwerks. Second was done by Fowler Industries. Third was done by Agency Arms.

Have personally gotten to know the owners of all three. All three were impressive with great customer service. In all honesty Jagerwerks had the cleanest cuts of the three.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:58:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My first Glock was done by Jagerwerks. Second was done by Fowler Industries. Third was done by Agency Arms.

Have personally gotten to know the owners of all three. All three were impressive with great customer service. In all honesty Jagerwerks had the cleanest cuts of the three.
View Quote
Which one has the most aggressive serrations?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:39:34 PM EDT
[#6]
If you don't mind me asking, have you received any replies about battle werx?  I don't have an Instagram account.  I really have it narrowed down to them and jagerwerks. I am truly impressed with my jagerwerks gun, but would like to do the next one with the battle werx design. I am just having trouble getting direct input on battle werx. I don't want to have the work done and then be disappointed holding the two guns side by side.

Thanks.

Quoted:
To get a faster response your best bet is to ask some of their customers on Instagram. That's what I've been doing and I've been getting pretty quick replies. I've been looking at about 10 different companies and picking one is a lot harder than I thought it would be.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's really hard to say. They all offer very positive grip.

The rear serrations on the Agency are much sharper than the Fowler and of course they aren't messed with on the JW.

You would be hard pressed to tell the difference by feeling on the front serrations. I have got so used to charging off the RMR, I can't say I really take advantage of any of them.

Jagerwerks is the only one with no toolmarks that I have found.

Edit: going back and messing with the front serrations, I'll have to give the cheese grater award to Agency. They are the sharpest.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 7:43:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you don't mind me asking, have you received any replies about battle werx?  I don't have an Instagram account.  I really have it narrowed down to them and jagerwerks. I am truly impressed with my jagerwerks gun, but would like to do the next one with the battle werx design. I am just having trouble getting direct input on battle werx. I don't want to have the work done and then be disappointed holding the two guns side by side.

Thanks.
View Quote
Yes, people are happy with their work. Are you going for a certain look or enhancements to manipulate the firearm better? Do you have Facebook?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:11:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yes, people are happy with their work. Are you going for a certain look or enhancements to manipulate the firearm better? Do you have Facebook?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.
Im kind of going for both. I have the design picked out that I would prefer with both companies. The only reason for the debate is that if I go with Jager Werks again, the two pistols I have from them will be somewhat similar. With battle werx it seems like you get some extras I would be up charged for at jagerwerks and I am just really drawn to how battle Werks does there RMR cut and the unique look and functionality provided by the battle slide cuts. Either way the gun will have an rmr so I would say my priorities are quality of work, effectiveness of front slide serrations, and decrease in slide weight.

I do have Facebook and have really been studying the pictures both companies have online.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:24:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a 19 slide there currently as they are local to me. I won't be able to pick it up for a few weeks but I will post pictures, etc, if it will help make your decision.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:29:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have a 19 slide there currently as they are local to me. I won't be able to pick it up for a few weeks but I will post pictures, etc, if it will help make your decision.
View Quote
Thank you sir. It certainly would and I appreciate it. Did you get to look at any of the slides he had worked on?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 9:35:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Im kind of going for both. I have the design picked out that I would prefer with both companies. The only reason for the debate is that if I go with Jager Werks again, the two pistols I have from them will be somewhat similar. With battle werx it seems like you get some extras I would be up charged for at jagerwerks and I am just really drawn to how battle Werks does there RMR cut and the unique look and functionality provided by the battle slide cuts. Either way the gun will have an rmr so I would say my priorities are quality of work, effectiveness of front slide serrations, and decrease in slide weight.

I do have Facebook and have really been studying the pictures both companies have online.
View Quote
2 companies that I've been looking at are Landers Weapon Systems and Long Weaponry Industries and yes they both have Facebook pages. I didn't realize it was sooooo many companies doing slide work.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 1:02:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes I looked at a couple of complete 19s they had for display. They looked good, I opted for no windows in my slide, and a melonite finish. I've got a Mayhem Syndicate comped barrel on order to complete it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 1:57:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
2 companies that I've been looking at are Landers Weapon Systems and Long Weaponry Industries and yes they both have Facebook pages. I didn't realize it was sooooo many companies doing slide work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LWS is more known for polymer work; his stuff looks laser & mill cut it's that perfect
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 4:09:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yes I looked at a couple of complete 19s they had for display. They looked good, I opted for no windows in my slide, and a melonite finish. I've got a Mayhem Syndicate comped barrel on order to complete it.
View Quote
Ha.  That's actually kind of funny. I'm on the mayhem syndicate order too. Just trying to get my slide work done.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:22:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Well, I'm still curious to here from those of you that have battle werx work coming. However, with the lack of feedback, I think I'm leaning towards just sticking with what I know (jagerwerks). Thanks for those that have provided input.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 10:43:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well, I'm still curious to here from those of you that have battle werx work coming. However, with the lack of feedback, I think I'm leaning towards just sticking with what I know (jagerwerks). Thanks for those that have provided input.
View Quote
You can't go wrong with Jagerwerks. John and Steve are as top notch as they come. I still talk to Steve every couple weeks. No place I recommend more. My buddy still hasn't got his back from Battlewerx. Think it's going on 10 weeks. He has at least 2 if not 3 done by Jagerwerks also.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 7:51:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I sent my slide to Loki Tactical in Florida. I sent it in about x2 weeks ago. After a week of them having it, I got an email stating the machining is done and is going to be coated soon. I should be getting it back I hope soon. I searched many machining companies and they had what I wanted. They have kept in contact with me constantly.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 2:46:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Here are the pics as promised. Really happy with the end result, the pictures don't do it justice.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 4:13:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/115872/20170713-142807-253012.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/115872/20170713-143012-253013.JPG

Here are the pics as promised. Really happy with the end result, the pictures don't do it justice.
View Quote
Very nice!
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 6:19:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Very nice. Thank you very much for posting the pics. It does look really clean.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 6:22:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/115872/20170713-142807-253012.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/115872/20170713-143012-253013.JPG

View Quote
If you don't mind me asking , how long was the turnaround time?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 6:59:06 PM EDT
[#23]
It was about 3 to 4 weeks.

ETA - That was in February. The nitride added time I think. I was traveling for work and wasn't able to get it until now.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:00:48 PM EDT
[#24]
I just sent mine in and they told me 6 weeks w/o coating. It's closer to 10 weeks with coating.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 1:42:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
How aggressive are the front and rear serrations compared to the factory ones?
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 7:20:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Battle Werx being just up the road from me, I've got a few buddies that have work from them.  
All look pretty damn good.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 7:20:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

How aggressive are the front and rear serrations compared to the factory ones?
View Quote
It feels about the same to me as the factory serrations.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 11:14:59 AM EDT
[#28]
My buddy got his back today.

Very clean work, no toolmarks. RMR cut is snug, not overly tight. Serrations are comparibly sharp to factory.

He is very happy with the outcome.

Turnaround time was 16 weeks. Pretty sure they moved in the process of doing his though.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top