Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2017 3:50:36 PM EDT
Idk if my eyes are just playing games with me, or if this RMR seems to be sitting to the right a bit. The right screw also does not seem to want to seat all the way, however when the rmr is removed it will sit flush like the left side...

Trying to determine if it's just me, or if it really is off center before I contact the company where it was completed! I will not name them, as I haven't contacted them yet.

Link Posted: 5/26/2017 3:56:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a set up calipers?  Pictures looks like it could be slightly to the right but pictures can be deceiving.  Calipers are going to be able to measure what you eye cannot accurately.

How are you tightening it down?  Evenly pulling down or tighten one then the other?  I would try tightening it down as evenly as possible as you get to the torquing.  

ETA your rear sight is over to the left so I am not sure if that is playing tricks on your eyes.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:08:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Like Edgecrusher pointed out... grab a set of calipers and measure.  Go from mount hole to edge of slide multiple times on each side... the measurements should be exactly the same (or within some tiny fraction of an inch off... your RMR could overcome minor off center issues).
It strikes me as odd that they didn't leave 'nubs' for the front end of the RMR to grab... I look at those nubs on my slides as addtional points for the sight to index off of as well as two additional points to add strength in eating recoil.

If the mounting holes are equally spaced from the edge, I'd put the screws in about a turn each alternating a turn left, a turn right until you get it close to seated then do 1/2 or 1/4 turns alternating to get it seated fully.  If you have the proper tool keep torque about 10-12ft/lbs... the sight body itself will start to deform if you torque down too hard.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you have a set up calipers?  Pictures looks like it could be slightly to the right but pictures can be deceiving.  Calipers are going to be able to measure what you eye cannot accurately.

How are you tightening it down?  Evenly pulling down or tighten one then the other?  I would try tightening it down as evenly as possible as you get to the torquing.  

ETA your rear sight is over to the left so I am not sure if that is playing tricks on your eyes.
View Quote
I'll be able to check with calipers tomorrow. The rmr was mounted on the slide when I received it, as I bought a package of RMR plus cut. I removed the screws and attempted to evenly torque them down, then the right only -just to see- every time it ended up the same (came out of the box this way as well) seems to tighten down but makes me think it may be hitting the extractor  plunger. But, the extractor seems to be working properly during manual cycling
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 4:35:59 PM EDT
[#4]
The pictures are kind of dark, but your rear sight looks like it's sitting to the left a bit.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:41:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Curious why you masked the rear sights?
But as others have said, your rear sights look drifted to the left.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:24:49 PM EDT
[#6]
It looks off and rough
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:41:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It looks off and rough
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 2:08:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh man, not another one of these threads.  In on 1...
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 5:51:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hey! Congrats! Welcome to the cool kid party.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 5:55:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Sent an email to business.

Here are some numbers I got after measuring several times, and measuring some more...these are what showed up most consistent. Never came up with anything too far off.

Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:30:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Was this a well known, reputable company?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:49:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
IN
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:55:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks like it came from a certain company here in MO.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:56:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Work looks "familiar."
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think you may be missing the reference. Looks rough man, hope you can get it worked out.

Eta: Aren't there supposed to be tabs or buttons in there for the rmr as well?
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:16:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Somebody needs to post a link to that thread. I looked and can't find it. It was a train wreck.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:18:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I think you may be missing the reference. Looks rough man, hope you can get it worked out.

Eta: Aren't there supposed to be tabs or buttons in there for the rmr as well?
View Quote
I was only kidding, and I've seen some shops add the tabs, would have been nice!
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Looks like it came from a certain company here in MO.
View Quote
Nope, not from MO!
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:36:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
I consider it to be a well known company. I'll wait to get a response from them. My intentions were not to discredit a company due to a mistake, just wanted to make sure I wasn't alone in thinking this was off, or enough so to contact them.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This one?
View Quote
Not the same place.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:09:49 PM EDT
[#22]
to me it only looks like the right side mounting hole is further towards the muzzle than the left side, so the sight would be possibly turned towards the left slightly
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:23:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Rear sight logo says who it is..........I recognize it......
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:29:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:45:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:01:49 PM EDT
[#26]
looks a little off to me the one side hangs over more
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Yes screws are good to go, I made sure they weren't bottoming out.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:28:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Rear sight logo says who it is..........I recognize it......
View Quote
Me too.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:46:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I consider it to be a well known company. I'll wait to get a response from them. My intentions were not to discredit a company due to a mistake, just wanted to make sure I wasn't alone in thinking this was off, or enough so to contact them.
View Quote
The company has already discredited themselves
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 9:23:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Did you hear anything back from the company that milled this yet?
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 8:26:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Suarez?

That's some terrible milling.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Did you hear anything back from the company that milled this yet?
View Quote
Yes they were quick to respond, gave me several options to make it right, chose option 2, so they're providing me with an improved aftermarket slide, barrel, RSA and new (different) RMR.

Very happy.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 12:43:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yes they were quick to respond, gave me several options to make it right, chose option 2, so they're providing me with an improved aftermarket slide, barrel, RSA and new (different) RMR.

Very happy.
View Quote
What were the other options? I don't know that I'd be happy about having a non-Glock Glock.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 1:01:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What were the other options? I don't know that I'd be happy about having a non-Glock Glock.
View Quote
There was an option to go Glock...doesn't matter to me as my guns are tools, parts get replaced. It's a Glock, not an expensive, fit, 1911 or the like. I am more than happy with how they handled this situation and were all about making ME happy. I was going to be sending my glock slide to ATEI anyway for mill work. Now I don't have to as the new slide already has FCS. So another money saver.

Link Posted: 6/10/2017 4:52:16 PM EDT
[#35]
looks like Ray Charles did the machine work and enjoyed the rhythm of the chatter...

what kind of shop sends work like that out hoping someone would even think its ok?
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 5:41:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
looks like Ray Charles did the machine work and enjoyed the rhythm of the chatter...

what kind of shop sends work like that out hoping someone would even think its ok?
View Quote
Someone hoping the buyer wouldn't remove the optic for a long time until well past the 'warranty' period expired.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Someone hoping the buyer wouldn't remove the optic for a long time until well past the 'warranty' period expired.
View Quote
Properly, and sadly right.

I don't understand how the feet for the RMR aren't standard milling anyway.
Nor refinishing the slide, in cerakote at the very least.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 4:00:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 4:06:43 PM EDT
[#39]
I've had other glocks cut for RMRs from this company without issue. Bottom line is they were quick to respond (via phone not email) -m and made it right. Nothing is perfect, and every once in awhile mistakes are made, regardless of manufacturer or company.

They made this right, and gave me the option on how I wanted to pursue, to make it right, and that makes them alright in my book. Didn't come here to bash company A vs company B.

Carry on!
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I've had other glocks cut for RMRs from this company without issue. Bottom line is they were quick to respond (via phone not email) -m and made it right. Nothing is perfect, and every once in awhile mistakes are made, regardless of manufacturer or company.

They made this right, and gave me the option on how I wanted to pursue, to make it right, and that makes them alright in my book. Didn't come here to bash company A vs company B.

Carry on!
View Quote
It's not a mistake, it's just poor workmanship.
Looks like it was done with a vice, and a hammer drill by hand.

Not only is it rough, and poorly cut. They don't machine the feet for the RMR.
That's an automatic red flag for me.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 7:26:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Curious about which company it is to know what kind of quality they put out?  Coming from someone thats in the market to get a slide milled.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:23:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Curious about which company it is to know what kind of quality they put out?  Coming from someone thats in the market to get a slide milled.
View Quote
Looks like it's Suarez ...

Compare the pictures above to GOOD milling below.

Slide finished -
(Note the feet)
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 12:07:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Who did yours?^
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 1:31:15 AM EDT
[#44]
From your first pictures, looks canted to the left front.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top