Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2017 12:03:20 AM EDT
I know that the Glock mags are poly and the mag catch are poly - so very little wear.....

What happens when you use the fancy aluminum mag catch?

Red
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:46:21 AM EDT
[#1]
They tear up the indentions on the mags. This is why SJC uses an aluminum button on a tapped factory release.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 2:05:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I've always just used the Glock extended.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 9:19:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Vickers extended mag release is the answer you seek

Metal is rough(er) on the mags
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 11:06:03 AM EDT
[#4]
The one that got me asking this question was the Glock Store G 43 AL mag button.

Red
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:24:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Especially on small carry guns a low profile catch that keeps the current mag in is far more important than an extended catch to make reloads faster. I have seen plenty of instances on all
Types of
Pistols where inadvertent activation of the mag catch dumped the mag on the deck giving you a single shot.
I have at times even gone the other way reducing the profile of mag catch to make it harder to release.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 3:28:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I have mag releases from ZEV and they are awesome.   They have them for Gen 3 and Gen 4.   They are still polymer and won't mar your magazines.   Very well made and does the trick.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top