User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:57:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Man I hate hearing about people changing out parts right away without giving the gun a chance. You lose something when you lighten triggers ect... its usually reliability, i would never run a modified gun at work because my life depends on it, now for play thats something else... wont cause problems 99% of the time but that 1% tends to pop up at the worse time.
View Quote
I think you misunderstand me. I do replace parts on my Glocks like mentioned in my previous post. However, I only do so using Glock OEM parts. Like in my 19 and 26, I replaced the trigger bar assembly with an OEM 17 smooth trigger bar assembly. I do not use third party parts at all. Unfortunately, for the 43, the OEM parts to swap out are nonexistent.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:18:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I have both the 19 and 43. While I like the capacity of the 19, after carrying all day long it gets heavy and I can't wait to take it off. My 43 is a lot lighter and easier to carry, but my biggest challenge is finding a left hand holster that I like.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Man I hate hearing about people changing out parts right away without giving the gun a chance. You lose something when you lighten triggers ect... its usually reliability, i would never run a modified gun at work because my life depends on it, now for play thats something else... wont cause problems 99% of the time but that 1% tends to pop up at the worse time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I have run modified Glocks for longer than a decade and never had reliability issues with them.  Most people go overboard with modification or do not assemble properly which leads to reliability issues not the different part itself.  I have seen guys with stock pistol induce problems from detail stripping and not reassembling properly.  Most common issue is the reset spring not installed properly or the slide stop spring not installed properly.  You do not lose anything by lightening the trigger but you do gain a better trigger.  You lose reliability when you go beyond connector and spring changes to adjusting take up and over travel, going super light on the trigger, changing striker/striker spring, and in general competition mods.

Quoted:

I think you misunderstand me. I do replace parts on my Glocks like mentioned in my previous post. However, I only do so using Glock OEM parts. Like in my 19 and 26, I replaced the trigger bar assembly with an OEM 17 smooth trigger bar assembly. I do not use third party parts at all. Unfortunately, for the 43, the OEM parts to swap out are nonexistent.
To get a decent trigger in a G43 is not hard.  Mine is right at 5# with the only non-OEM part being a lighter striker block spring.  Other than that I have a factory "-" connector that all new G43s come with, I smoothed out all the rough edges on the contact surfaces (man was it rough), and I have shot the ever loving piss out of it which mated\smoothed everything out.

One thing I did because I did not really want to change the shoes on the trigger bar is I took emory cloth and 600 grit sand paper and smoothed out all the hard edges on the serrated trigger.  Now you can hardly tell it is even serrated.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:08:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have both the 19 and 43. While I like the capacity of the 19, after carrying all day long it gets heavy and I can't wait to take it off. My 43 is a lot lighter and easier to carry, but my biggest challenge is finding a left hand holster that I like.
View Quote
As a fellow lefty, I recommend you try the DeSantis Intruder with Comp-Tac clips. I've come to prefer it over the MTAC.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 10:04:18 PM EDT
[#5]
You know, I have to say that I really like my 43 stock, I think I just might have gotten a good one. I've put around 1000 rounds through it, mostly russian ammo and 147gr HST'S with no malfunctions at all. I must be one of the luck ones that the gun fits really well, it is hands down my favorite plain clothes weapon.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 8:17:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I basically limit myself to replacing factory Glock parts with the Vickers version. I just swapped out the slide lock and mag release on my G43 today and really like the feel of the Vickers parts. They really make things easier to manipulate.
View Quote
Well, I test fired my G43 with the Vickers parts added today. I like the extend mag release, but the slide lock definitely does not work for me. I like it on my other Glocks, but on the 43, my right thumb rests on top of it and gets chewed up by the rear corner of the lever when the pistol recoils. When I tried to shift my thumb a little lower, I started pushing up on it and locking the slide back inadvertently while firing. Just swapped it back for the factory part. Not a big deal - I release the slide by coming over the top with my left hand anyway.

The one frustration was that I wanted to test the reliability of the Pearce and Vickers extended baseplates with various brands of JHPs, and I couldn't get a read on whether they were feeding reliably because I kept locking the slide back by accident. I think I had one 124 gr +P Gold Dot that may have misfed on the last round, but I'm not sure. Just have to head back to the range again later this week! I still love this little pistol, and I definitely feel better about how I'm managing the recoil now that I've put 600 rounds with it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top