Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2017 9:46:52 PM EDT
Anyone here running a Vortex Viper red dot on a Glock MOS?

If so, how is the red dot running? Any issues? Does the Viper need different screws? I've read conflicting reports in regard to this.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:21:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for info  
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:11:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one on my G17mos and so far it's been great.  No problems with it at all, but sometimes wish battery life was better.... I've replaced it twice in the last 9 months.

You do need the right screws from vortex, but they'll send them to you free if you give them a call.  I had them 3 days after calling, so their service was great.  I was tempted to get the RMR, but the Vortex lifetime warranty convinced me to give it a try and I'm happy I did.

I highly recommend it!
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:24:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one on my G17mos and so far it's been great.  No problems with it at all, but sometimes wish battery life was better.... I've replaced it twice in the last 9 months.

You do need the right screws from vortex, but they'll send them to you free if you give them a call.  I had them 3 days after calling, so their service was great.  I was tempted to get the RMR, but the Vortex lifetime warranty convinced me to give it a try and I'm happy I did.

I highly recommend it!
View Quote

Outstanding. Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:21:21 AM EDT
[#4]
One of my buddies I shoot with often has one on his G17 and it is pretty tits.  I am still on the fence if I want to cut or got MOS but I have decided on the Vortex for my setup.  I have been to happy with all the Vortex stuff I own to deviate.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:11:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
One of my buddies I shoot with often has one on his G17 and it is pretty tits.  I am still on the fence if I want to cut or got MOS but I have decided on the Vortex for my setup.  I have been to happy with all the Vortex stuff I own to deviate.
View Quote

Thanks for the info. My issue is how expensive the Trijicon RMR is. I have the money to buy an RMR, I just don't want to spend the money on an RMR for a range toy.

I've been impressed with the Vortex offerings I've had in the past. I'm hoping my stance remains the same, as I just ordered a Vortex Viper to put on my blaster.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#6]
My dad has one after he saw how much it cost to build my Roland special with an RMR.

I've shot it, he probably has put 5000 rounds down the pipe and everything is holding together well.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:23:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks for the info. My issue is how expensive the Trijicon RMR is. I have the money to buy an RMR, I just don't want to spend the money on an RMR for a range toy.

I've been impressed with the Vortex offerings I've had in the past. I'm hoping my stance remains the same, as I just ordered a Vortex Viper to put on my blaster.
View Quote

Friend of mine has a Venom 3 MOA.  What is your stance on 3 vs 6 MOA dot?  I have only shot the smaller MOA dots and I like it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:59:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the Venom on my glock 40 MOS and I really like it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:58:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the 3 MOA Venom on my 34 MOS. I'm slowly getting used to it. I shot in an indoor match last Wednesday and I had the dot go out on me on the last stage. Turned out, the battery cap unscrewed itself. So I'll watch for that from now on
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:59:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you know if it stays on, or does it turn off after a giving amount of time?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Friend of mine has a Venom 3 MOA.  What is your stance on 3 vs 6 MOA dot?  I have only shot the smaller MOA dots and I like it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like the bigger dot, but my eyes aren't what they used to be now that I'm 54
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:10:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Do you know if it stays on, or does it turn off after a giving amount of time?
View Quote

The Vortex site says it turns off after 14 hours I believe.

In other news, I FO'ed.

Optic feels solid and the build quality looks nice. Looks like there's a tiny little bit of epoxy "flash" coming from the internal circuit area? Are the electronics potted with epoxy?

Dot is crisp and bright. Not a fan of the locking/unlocking to adjust elevation and windage, but I suppose Vortex did it for a reason.

Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:43:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Have one on a 17 MOS..haven't got to shoot it much but like it so far..no issues.

I have left it on a few times to test the auto off feature.  It works like it says.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top