Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/3/2017 1:26:26 PM EDT
I feel like an idiot. I had a really nice Gen4 G26 that I shot pretty good. The G43 came out and I thought that it would be even better. So I sold the 26 and bought the 43. It's been a while and I'm still not feeling it with the 43. I'm seriously thing about going back to the 26.

Anyone else here go through this?

I know, I know. I shouldn't have sold anything. I'm thinking about keeping the 43 and just buying another 26.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:34:08 PM EDT
[#1]
The 26 makes little sense to me.  It's not any easier to conceal then a 19.  The 43, being thinner, has a role to play for when a 19 is just to big to conceal.  I love my 43 for those times, and it shoots great.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:43:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I personally love my 26 and am thinking about snagging a 43 for my wife.

I've zev'd the trigger and done some stimpling to it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:44:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The 26 makes little sense to me.  It's not any easier to conceal then a 19.  The 43, being thinner, has a role to play for when a 19 is just to big to conceal.  I love my 43 for those times, and it shoots great.
View Quote

This is my line of thought as well.  But, everybody is different, and if the 26 is what you're most comfortable with, then by all means go back to the 26.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:46:05 PM EDT
[#4]
The G26 is the red-headed stepchild of the Glock 9mm family.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Buying a gun as a replacement;  always buy, test to satisfaction, then sell the surplus.   That way you have a choice on which one goes.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:59:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I can conceal a 26 easier than a 19, grip length does factor in for me.   I know the length is close, but it's the lack of material in the bottom rear of the grip that does it for me.  

I think a 26 and a 43 can both be well used in a collection.  26 when you can, 43 for when it just won't hide.

19 for anything else.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:15:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I know, I know. I shouldn't have sold anything. I'm thinking about keeping the 43 and just buying another 26.
View Quote

I believe you answered your own question and solution best.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:15:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a CM9 prior to the 42 and 43 coming out.  
When I read your post I thought it was interesting but I had some questions.
Thinking I had an idea how small the Kahr 380 was I looked for pics comparing the 42 to the Kahr .380 and wow was that Kahr smaller.
Then I thought I'd look at pics comparing the 42 to 43 and side by side in pic I had to look to see which was which.  (In profile, it is evident side by side from the rear.
Then I thought what difference CM9 to 43 and wow, the CM9 was still significantly smaller.

Based on that I think you probably would be happier getting your 26 back and for when you need something really small get the CM9 or get a Kahr 380.  (If I picked up the .380 I'd consider one of the kydex neck holsters for it.  It really looks that small and my CM9 seems a hair large for such carry method.)
I would say that the Glocks are probably more shootable since they aren't forcing your hand into such a small area as the Kahr models.
And as far as triggers and aftermarket forget about it; Glock is way ahead in that area as far as replacing sights, triggers, mag extensions, red dot setup slides etc.  You can make your G26 shoot like a fullsize and not be trying to keep your fingers on a tiny piece of real estate with just the finger grip extension, add to that larger mags with filled in bottoms that essentially give you a grip the size of a military issue handgun.

Do you like your G26 with the magazine finger extension or with the standard flat baseplate?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#9]
FWIW I'm sort of in the same boat as the OP.  

I actually have a bit of trouble with carrying a G19 AIWB.  G26 works much better for me as an AIWB everyday clothes sort of role.  The G43 works better when I need deep concealment or I'm wearing a suit and can't OWB (usually then I OWB a G19 or G17).  

It never hurts to have multiple options available.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:10:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I keep my G26 in a pocket holster, so if I cannot carry, it fits perfectly in my console where the G19 does not.
A G43 is best for deep concealment. I carry my G26 in my levi's pocket without any difficulty and very little print, wearing every day clothing.
I work in healthcare, so I do not carry around patient's. But, I do have it in my car which is always close by.

The G43 has a place as deep concealment.

The G26 has a place as everyday carry, especially using G17 mags as extra. I carry two of the 17's mags outside of the G26 10/rd mag
but it also has a pierce +2 extension which fulfills the grip nicely and does N OT add more print since it's on the inside.

The G19 is a marvelous pistol. In fact, I own more G19's than any other model. But, for me, they DO NOT conceal
better than a G26. The G26 also can use any of the bigger brothers mags. To me, it's the perfect everyday conceal
pistol. Measure each pistol. The G26 is a smaller double stack. Small means conceal easier. That's why G43 deep conceals best overall,
but, does not have the round capacity that G26 can do for you.

Everyone has an opinion. G26 is my everyday go to.....
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:29:57 PM EDT
[#11]
The sub-compact Glocks were good for what the intended purpose they were built for.  They were devised to get around the 94 AWB and kind of let to the whole small pistol craze.  The G26/27/33 are my least favorite Glocks made (own a G27) and here is why.

The grip size for me is nearly impossible to hold without a mag extension.  With the mag extension the G19 (compact size) Glocks are a better options because they carry more ammo in the same size package.  The lighter weight of the slide makes them little sharper on recoil than a compact or full size slowing down follow up shots and if I shoot with no mag extension then I have gripping issues because I have such large hands.  The trade off from compact to sub compact is not worth it they are just as thick so the G43 I think is a better option if you want something small.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Every shooter is different despite what you may read on the Internet.  One size (19) does not always fit every shooter and/or every need.  If the 26 is your best option, go for it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:34:58 PM EDT
[#13]
What are you "not feeling" about the G43?

Many shooters don't shoot it well, and honestly I was initially a little disappointed.   I found myself shooting to the left, a common mistake with new Glock shooters.... but since I've got about 200K down the pipe of Glocks I wasn't willing to except that.  I found that the thinner grip may require a little adjustment to your grip, this coming from a guy that has little girl mitts.  After adjusting my grip slightly I realized it was surely a shooter induced issue, after a couple of sessions I was shooting it just as well as any of my Glocks.  I did add a Ghost trigger bar, but other than that it is stock and didn't actually require any additional work outside of my grip.

That said I never sold my G26.4, but haven't carried it or ran it in competition since the G43 was released.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:47:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I edc a G26 and love it. I owned a Shield 9 and I've borrowed and shot friends G43. Personally, the thin grips weren't working for me. I shot the shield fairly well, but I was terrible with the G43. Overall I'm happy with my decision to keep the baby glock. Its carried 75% of the time, while my G19 is my alternate. 
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 4:13:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I forgot one thing.  If you're a fan of the TRL-6 then you'll probably like it more on the G43 vs the G26.  On the 43 you can use one hand to activate the light, with the 26 you really should use your off hand to activate the light.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 4:16:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Never sell.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 4:27:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a 27 with Pearce +2 ext.  I really like the size.  I ankle carry it for 12 hr shifts on duty.  Carry it appendix off.  Never owned a 19 and don't see the appeal honestly.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 5:33:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Many shooters don't shoot it well, and honestly I was initially a little disappointed.   I found myself shooting to the left, a common mistake with new Glock shooters.... but since I've got about 200K down the pipe of Glocks I wasn't willing to except that.  I found that the thinner grip may require a little adjustment to your grip, this coming from a guy that has little girl mitts.  After adjusting my grip slightly I realized it was surely a shooter induced issue, after a couple of sessions I was shooting it just as well as any of my Glocks.  I did add a Ghost trigger bar, but other than that it is stock and didn't actually require any additional work outside of my grip.

That said I never sold my G26.4, but haven't carried it or ran it in competition since the G43 was released.
View Quote

I have just the opposite problem with my G43 it is to small and I wish someone would make a back strap that was slightly bigger.  But I can run golf ball size groups at 7m and base ball at 15m with it.  I did have to replace the connector since mine was an early model and also dropped in a lighter striker block spring.  The TLR-6 helps shooting it faster with the added muzzle weight.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#19]
The Glock 26 is a much easier to shoot, holds more of those bullet things and takes hi-cap full size mags.  No brainer unless concealment is an issue.  Keep the 43, buy a 26.  Then buy a 17, 17L, 19, 34 etc.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 8:24:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Meh...on different occasions I've had 2 19's, 27 and a 26 but never felt the love and sold them all.  Then I while ago I handle a 43 and it seem Gaston made it for me as the fit was about perfect and it fit nicely into one of the ways I like to carry.  For me it shoot's well, very well and I doubt that it will leave my stable anytime soon, if ever.  But what works for one person doesn't always seem to work for another, thankfully we have options!
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 8:25:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:01:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Do you like your G26 with the magazine finger extension or with the standard flat baseplate?
View Quote

Standard baseplate with a 17 magazine as a spare.

The finger extension made it feel close to the same size as my 19 so I didn't use it. Some people do well with the extensions though.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:11:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am fairly accurate with it, I just can't keep a good grip on it. I have to re-adjust my grip after every shot. It feels like it all over the place in my hands every time I pull the trigger. I'm not into the grip tape or stippling so I just have to fight it.

I had almost no problem keeping a good grip on the 26 with a flat magazine baseplate. I could even shoot it one handed and keep a pretty good grip on it.

I really think me not being able to get a good grip on the 43 is my only concern.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:14:40 PM EDT
[#24]
How the hell anyone can pocket carry a 26 is beyond me; I can barely do so with the 43 with most of my pants. I guess if you can then more power to ya.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:22:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

26 is way easier to conceal. Its also way easier to shoot well. Depending on how you dress, 43 does conceal better than 26, and is lighter, but is even harder to shoot well. We'd all love to see a factory 19 cut to take 26 mags, but Glock will probably never make it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 9:52:18 AM EDT
[#26]
The G26 is definitely easier to shoot well.

I'm still not 100% comfortable with my G43.  Got the grip stippled and trigger guard undercut and even installed a DAT trigger which made it better but it still feels hard to control when shooting at speed.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:37:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Same here. Couldn't shoot the 43 well so I sold it.   Missed my 26 but instead bought a g19 and love it carries just as good as the 26 did for me.  Then I wanted something thinner and thought I'd try something different. So I bought a kahr cw9! I love it. Carries great and is very accurate.  I don't mind the double action revolver type trigger.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I feel like an idiot. I had a really nice Gen4 G26 that I shot pretty good. The G43 came out and I thought that it would be even better. So I sold the 26 and bought the 43. It's been a while and I'm still not feeling it with the 43. I'm seriously thing about going back to the 26.

Anyone else here go through this?

View Quote

I've got a 19, 26, and a 43.  I like the 43, but it's no substitute for a good double stack and high cap mags.    
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How anyone can pocket carry a 26 is beyond me; I can barely do so with the 43 with most of my pants. I guess if you can then more power to ya.
View Quote

Same here. I ordered a nice kydex pocket holster from Alabama holster and it just was not going to happen. I don't wear skinny jeans either.

I bought a nice kydex holster for my 42 and one for my 43. It's a no go on the 43 and the 42 is pushing the limit.

I can pocket carry the LCP.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 2:25:51 PM EDT
[#30]
I love my G26 and have no interest in the G43.

I find the G26 extremely easy to conceal and shoot.  If I need something smaller, I'm going to go with something much smaller, like an LCP, but that is extremely rare.

I also like using the oem +2 base plate. So I got 12+1 plus a 17 round reload. Easy way to carry 30 rounds.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 3:57:20 PM EDT
[#31]
I went through the exact same thing OP. Sold my Gen 3 G26, bought a Shield in 9MM then the G43 came out so I bought that and sold the Shield. Couldn't hit anything with the G43 so I ended up going back to the Shield. Got wrapped up in the good reviews and how people were loving it so I bought another G43...Same thing, couldn't shoot it for shit so I decided to go back to the G26 and haven't looked back. I like the size and the feel of the G43 but there was just something about it. In all honesty there isn't a huge size difference between the two and I like the fact that I can carry 12 rounds and it takes my G19 mags as well. It was an expensive lesson but i'm glad I went back to the G26.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 4:21:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I used to carry a 26 and per my self defense story posted over in GD actually had to use it.

Ever since I got it back it just sits in the safe though. No longer carried, no longer shot. Nothing.

When the 43 came out I picked one up for my wife thinking it'd be amazing. To be honest I feel like the 26 shoots better than the 43, but obviously the 43 conceals better. She loves the 43 for all aspects though.

The 43 feels a little snappy but that's just my opinion as many disagree. It's a small gun. A tiny pocket gun. It works and a large part of the population love them, so more power to them.

Point I'm trying to make? Not everything is for everyone. If it doesn't work for you then flip it!
View Quote

Have a link regarding your self defense story? Would love to read it. I'm also thinking about sending in my G26 slide to you guys to get a nice color on it!

Didn't mean to Hi-jack the thread!
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 5:58:15 PM EDT
[#33]
OP, compare groups with the flush vs extended floor plate. I'll wager you shoot a little better with the extended one
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 6:19:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
OP, compare groups with the flush vs extended floor plate. I'll wager you shoot a little better with the extended one
View Quote

I have tried both and I actually do better with the flat baseplate.

I have learned through trial and error, and thousands of rounds, that I shoot better if I don't use my pinky. I tried it after watching "Hickok45" and it helped me. Even on my full size guns.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:18:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
How the hell anyone can pocket carry a 26 is beyond me; I can barely do so with the 43 with most of my pants. I guess if you can then more power to ya.
View Quote

I had a 27 and could never carry it in a pants pocket, and I got out of .40 so I sold it, but I'm thinking about getting a 26 for winter jacket coat pocket carry.  The 43 just doesn't feel right in my XL / XXL hands.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 5:39:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Same here. I ordered a nice kydex pocket holster from Alabama holster and it just was not going to happen. I don't wear skinny jeans either.

I bought a nice kydex holster for my 42 and one for my 43. It's a no go on the 43 and the 42 is pushing the limit.

I can pocket carry the LCP.
View Quote

I have a Galco Pocket holster (G159L) Pro 286B. It's made from horse-hide. If I jam it to the bottom of my jeans, of course it prints. It's NOT made to carry that way.

I wear a heavy gun belt with jeans. All you need do is place the bottom portion part of the holster into your pocket which contains the slide/barrel. It has a hook on the holster, which hooks inside your pocket and holds the holster in place. As long as you do not tuck your shirt or t-shirt in, you cannot tell it's there. In my state, you can also open carry. I don't practice that. Only half of the holster goes into your pocket. The grip portion of the 26 rides where my belt is.

But, in any regard, I do NOT like IWB carry. Never have. I don't like anything riding between my pants and me. That's just me and my preference.

I also have AWB holsters, for most all of my Glocks. I also have shoulder carry, one each, dedicated to 9mm and .45 auto with different holsters to change if want to carry a 21 or 17 or 19 or 30.

But, I like the Galco pocket holster. It works. Give it a try.

To each his own.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:15:33 PM EDT
[#37]
I've only shot the G26 once, a long time ago, and I just couldn't get comfortable with the short, fat grip.  I'd like to try it with the Magpul 12-round mag, which looks like a good compromise in terms of adding a little length but providing that extra grip surface.

I've been testing out a rental G43 (comparing it to a Shield) and find the G43 to be pretty comfortable and manageable in terms of recoil.  I guess I'm not sure how well I should be able to shoot it, considering that it's a small, thin pistol that should make concealment easier.  I feel pretty good about my ability to hit a torso-sized target at 5-7 yds, while achieving a decent center-of-mass grouping.  It seems like a good trade-off in terms of size, when comparing the accuracy to my G19.  I shoot about the same with the G43 and Shield, but the 43 seems to fit my hand better, and the Shield seems kind of "sloppy" in terms of the function of the slide (which seems to have a slight "hitch" in it) and seating the magazine.

I'll have to try the G26 again to see how it compares, but my challenge with carrying the G19 has always been related to the width of the pistol, so that's where I see the G43 being a good fit for my needs under certain circumstances.

Personally, in the grand scheme of things, the cost of a Glock is not so insurmountable that I would feel the need to sell one to get a different one.  I'd prefer to wait a little longer to save up to get another one, rather than parting with one I already own.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#38]
I pocket carry the 26.  I have 43, 42, LCP etc.  26 does great.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 4:59:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Not the 43, but I sold a 26 thinking I would find something I liked better. After several guns, I'm now back to a Gen4 26. 

The grass isn't always greener
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:39:10 AM EDT
[#40]
I rotate between carrying a 26 and a 43 appendix, depending on my attire and weather conditions. Do what your mind is already telling you, get both. It makes perfect sense to me, as I carry the 26 primarily and both are setup the same with TLR-6. The 26 is very versatile as I can use 19 and 17 mags with sleeves if I ever feel like needing more capacity. I use a spare 19 with sleeve for my spare mag. The times where I cannot carry a 26 comfortably the 43 steps up to the plate and does a great job.

This is my second 26. I sold one way long ago as I did not appendix carry then, now on my second one, the 26 is very much ideal for appendix carry and I love it. The size is just where I need it to be, as my 19 feels too uncomfortable when appendix carrying. The barrel digs into my gut when sitting.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#41]
I bought a G43 a month after buying my G26................sold the G43 after 3 range sessions shooting both guns back to back..........I needed money at the time more than 2 smaller guns, but if funds would have allowed me to keep both, I would have kept the G43 anyways as a BUG
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:48:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Well, I left the gun-store today with a new gen4 G26. It really does feel good in the hand to me.

I have a set of Trijicon tough and bright sights that are already in the mail, and an Incog Eclipse holster that's on order.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 6:49:06 PM EDT
[#43]
To me the 43 with extended mags made my 26 obsolete
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
To me the 43 with extended mags made my 26 obsolete
View Quote

I wish Glock would make a 9 or 10 round magazine, but that would go along w/ wanting a G19 size single stack to go with my 43.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 7:17:01 PM EDT
[#45]
I carry a G43 for work and hate it.  Its a snappy little bugger that is unpleasant to shoot more than a few rounds through at a time.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I carry a G43 for work and hate it.  Its a snappy little bugger that is unpleasant to shoot more than a few rounds through at a time.
View Quote

I really think if my 43's grip was stippled I'd be a lot happier. I'm pretty accurate with it. My main problem is that I have to completely re-adjust my grip after every shot. That becomes a pretty big pain pretty fast.

I have no desire to put any kind of grip tape on it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 2:05:21 PM EDT
[#47]
I have a 19 and a 26. I can conceal the 26 better due to the grip, but shot the 19 better. Never saw a need for a single stack Glock with proprietary magazines that no other pistol can use.

Ended up chopping my 19 to 26 frame. Carry a 26 mag in it, with a 17 mag as a backup. Shoots and conceals great.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 3:21:28 PM EDT
[#48]
I have all three.
I conceal the 26 way easier than the 19 when carrying AIWB in an incog.
The difference in concealment with the 26vs19 is bigger than the 26vs43 for me.
These days I carry the G26 more than anything.  I shoot it waaaay better than the G43 and there's more firepower.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 3:31:39 PM EDT
[#49]
I solved the jumping 43 problem with a little sleeve of bicycle tube.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:51:59 PM EDT
[#50]
The G26 gen 3 has a natural feel to me. I have won more guns and cash in competitions than any other competition purposed pistol I own. I have won enough to pay for it probably five times. The only reason I do not carry it is, I can carry a full size with my clothing or can't carry a G26 with my clothing.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top