Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2016 12:47:35 PM EDT
So I've got a Gen 2 Glock 23 that's been passed around several friends and myself, most recently ended up in my possession. I decided to send the slide in to have new Glock night sites installed and get the slide rebuilt. While it was there, James (great guy) recommended I send the whole pistol in to be looked over due to the age of the gun (October 1995).

Fastfoward to today and get a call from them. Turns out the frame was cracked by the locking block and would only get worse. Getting a brand new Gen 3 frame and a new to me Glock box. Only down side is that the frame won't match the slide but beggars can't be choosers

I know there have been a lot of posts lately concerning Gen 2 Glock 23s so if you have one, might consider sending it in to have it looked over and rebuilt. Only costs for shipping and if you want night sites installed, I'm sitting around $100 for all of it (that includes night sites installed, slide rebuilt, and frame rebuilt with new parts but I'm getting a new frame due to the crack)

Glock never once asked if I was the original owner or what type of ammunition I fired. This just made me a harder die hard Glock fan boy
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:23:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup they're great, I picked up a g17g4 that was stippled excessively and got it swapped out for a fully built new g4 frame and new box and cleaning brushes.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:58:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Gave me 2 mags when my G19 was replaced.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:39:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Having a warranty and it being worth a damn are 2 different things. This post is one reason I will never ditch my glocks. Great knowing IF I have major issues that they will take care if me.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I was honestly surprised, considering the fact we hadn't long ago been shooting the pistol with no problems whatsoever. I was worried about the cost of having to pay for a new frame, until they told me it would be replaced for free under warranty.

When I asked if I could buy a new flock box cause my other got lost, they told me they couldn't sell me one but would give me one that was off the factory line.

I'm slowly moving all my handguns save two to Glocks, they will be getting all my money
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Lucked up on a Gen 1 17 a year ago. Took it home and it shot terrible. Knew something was wrong. Took it to Glock. They said the frame was cracked and was causing the poor accuracy. They offered to Re-shoe the old G17 free of charge and mail it back to me for free. I begrudgingly accepted, I wanted to keep my old pebble grip frame. It arrived back to me with in the week.

I have had Glock put night sights on 3 of my guns and fix my G17 and I have always had wonderful experiences with them every-time.

They installed nights sights on my G42, I believe I was one of the first ones to have this done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top