Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2016 3:15:20 AM EDT
Now I have a total of 41 for my 19s and 17s...these work great.  I have not had an issue yet.  All function as the OEM Glock mags.  

Is everyone having the same experience. Pending what happens in November, this may be a good move on my part.

Link Posted: 10/15/2016 3:47:41 AM EDT
[#1]
They work okay for range magazines. But the spring tension on mine seems weak compared to OEM/ETS. They aren't locking back on the last shot.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 11:23:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They work okay for range magazines. But the spring tension on mine seems weak compared to OEM/ETS. They aren't locking back on the last shot.
View Quote

I have not had this issue with the 4 Magpul mags I have shooting a 19 and 17
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 12:12:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I've purchased and used about 8 of them now.  So far, running each one through a gun about 4 times, I've had zero issues.  GTG, in my book.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 12:23:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm doing the same as the OP.  Not quite as many, but I have over twenty of them so far, plus a few ETS, and of course OEM.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 12:51:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm doing the same as the OP.  Not quite as many, but I have over twenty of them so far, plus a few ETS, and of course OEM.  
View Quote

The local gun shop has the ETS...the look good, well made, I might give one a try.  As far as the Magpuls, I have heard about spring issues.  I wonder if Wolff Springs will work in them?   I nay give them a call.  Not that I have had any problems.

Link Posted: 10/15/2016 1:31:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an issue with mine where sometimes the hollow point gets caught on the front edge of the mag and doesn't feed. I'll see if I can get a pic later to better show it.

Range mags only for me....and I don't buy "range only mags". I'll just stick with OEM
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 2:53:52 PM EDT
[#7]
yea, OEM for any serious use for me and all my buddies.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 3:10:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
yea, OEM for any serious use for me and all my buddies.
View Quote

Yes I agree, OEM for serious situations...

As far as the hollow point catching, not sure if I saw it on this forum or on YouTube, but the front lip area had to be worked to smooth out the transition, almost like working the feed ramp on a barrel.

I looked at a few of my MP mags and they were rough, put a light file to them...like I said, I had no issues with feeding, but thinking back, I have not tried self defense ammo with the mags, just range ball ammo.

Link Posted: 10/15/2016 3:17:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I've done the same, but more with ETS magazines than magpul.  That being said, I do have 8 or so magpuls and they are my dedicated range/training mags.  I have yet to have any issues, and I have used them far more than my ETS or OEM mags at this point.

ETS and Magpul have been just fine.  I carry a Glock for work and personal purposes, and will use OEM magazines, since I still have plenty of those.  That being said, if I had to grab a magpul or ETS magazine and throw it in the gun for serious use, I would not be concerned about them functioning one bit.  Between my 17 and 19, I have 25-30 or so mags, and the rest past that point will be magpul or ETS.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow

So the three that came with my G19 arent enough?
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 6:47:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a shitload of Glock mags for my 9mm guns, and bought 5 of the Magpul mags out of curiosity and because they were on sale for something like $10.

I ran them at a pistol class with no issues.  Only complaint was that they don't drop free.  Kinda slowed me down on reloads.  Seems like there's just not enough mass for gravity to pull them out of the magwell.

Range duty only for me.

ETA: For some reason, they don't drop out of only one of my 34s.  They do drop free from most of the others I've tried.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 3:34:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wow

View Quote

No...my rule is at least 5 for every pistol,  10 for every rifle
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 10:13:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wow

View Quote

There's never too many.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 3:54:36 PM EDT
[#14]
They work ok for me, but I hate loading them.  The rounds don't slide in against the plastic as they do against the metal oem mags.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I went a GSSF match yesterday where they had mags for $10 each. I got 4. Trying to pick a up a few mags every couple weeks.

Think your strategy on stocking up is good. I would use the magpul mags at the range and in matches and save the OEM stuff for carry.

Link Posted: 10/16/2016 5:12:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow

Mine is 15 for each pistol and 30 for every rifle....needless to say I am up to my arse in mags right now.  I live in the free democracy of Louisiana so I will take advantage while I can

I saw a great sticker this weekend. Picture of what is clearly a Glock, below it was "iPac"
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 3:42:24 AM EDT
[#17]
I have 8-10 of the magpul mags now, a couple 15rd and a couple 17rd. I haven't had any issue out of mine, even have the Zev extended baseplate on one of them and they all function well.

They are a little tighter in kydex mag carriers than OEM mags, and occasionally they fail to drop free when empty(this could be due to the texture of the exterior or the lighter weight either way). I do wish they had another witness hole at maybe 10 and 5 rds, and as someone mentioned above they take a little more effort to load than OEM mags.

All in all for the price they are good mags. I have run mine in several handgun courses and at the range, still carry OEM for defense purposes though.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 8:16:54 AM EDT
[#18]
I beat the absolute shit out of one of the first mags that got recalled and it held up very well. Ran it over on gravel, baseball pitched at a tree, stomped repeatedly with boots, thrown up 20ft in the air etc. plus it was loaded during all this.

Never a fail to feed but they sometimes wouldn't lock my 17 on empty.

I've gotten several more 15 rounders since then they are working well in my G19.3
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Wow

View Quote

NO they are not
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 8:30:10 AM EDT
[#20]
I've used* the GL9s in my 19 along with the translucent ETS mags, and my 14 OEM mags this year (just became a Glock convert in April). Never had an issue with any except the ETS mags. The PMAGs are great quality, but mainly use them for simple range fire since we load to various capacities in IDPA and Combat Focus Shooting drills (Rob Pincus' classes).  Then the OEMs are really best since they have witness holes for each round. The ETSs get a little rattling sounding after being dropped a few times, and have had failure to feed problems twice in the last month. I don't think they can take the drops on a concrete floor like the PMAGs and OEMs can handle.

*IDPA 2x a month, indoor range 2x a month, an intense 8-hour class about once a month.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 9:30:11 AM EDT
[#21]
I haven't had any issues with mine, even when absolutely filthy from shooting suppressed.  I still use OEM mags for carry, but the Magpuls are my go-to for range use.  I like how much easier they are to take apart in addition to being cheaper than OEM.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 12:24:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Used some yesterday at the range.  They have been loaded for months.  No problems to report.  

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 12:45:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Wow

View Quote

I'm just posting so I can do this.

I like ETS, my carry reload mag is an ETS 22rd downloaded to 20
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:20:52 AM EDT
[#24]
The three Magpul G19 magazines that I have will not feed cheap steel cased ammo worth a darn.  Suspect that it is due to the sharp/rough case mouths digging into the plastic.

Not worth the hassle for me to choose these over OEM.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:31:12 AM EDT
[#25]
my glock oem mags feed all kinds of different  ammo like a swiss watch.why would any buddy pay for cheap ass knockoffs .
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:38:29 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

The three Magpul G19 magazines that I have will not feed cheap steel cased ammo worth a darn.  Suspect that it is due to the sharp/rough case mouths digging into the plastic.

Not worth the hassle for me to choose these over OEM.
View Quote

if you contact Magpul, they will take care of yuou

Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:44:10 AM EDT
[#27]
I ran into my first issue with them.

The G19 mags won't drop free on reload. I was having to rip them out which killed my time. I switched to the G17's with the zev extenders and those dropped free no prob.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 3:22:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I ran into my first issue with them.

The G19 mags won't drop free on reload. I was having to rip them out which killed my time. I switched to the G17's with the zev extenders and those dropped free no prob.
View Quote

I have one or two that don't always drop free as well. Makes sense, because they are also a tad tighter in my kydex mag carriers.

Small complaint, as they run well other than that small issue.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 10:09:52 AM EDT
[#29]
I just ordered 5 of the 21 rnd mags to try out.  I was really planning to buy more OEM mags, but supplies are starting to run low anyway (Midway is limiting order to 2 of the 17 OEM).  I have plenty of OEM, but wanted to try Magpul out.  If they work then I'll use them as range mags and save the OEMs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top