Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2016 12:46:28 PM EDT
Put about 350 rounds through my new G19 gen 4. First gen 4 I've had. I had one that didn't eject at all. Spent casing was sitting directly above the new round ready to be picked up. Wolf ammo. My 17 and SD9VE extract and eject just fine.

Any ideas? Ejector? Extractor?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd put some hotter round through it first.
Let it wear in some.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#2]
My first thought was the ammunition used. Is it the steel lacquered case? Just my thoughts and opinion. I'm positive your new G19 Gen 4 will be a keeper.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:33:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Hotter ammo to get the RSA humming, and volume firing to get all the high points of the extractor smoothed out so it moves freely.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:57:24 PM EDT
[#4]
What others have said, scrub your chamber clean after shooting steel, be sure the extractor bearing rod is metal to metal plastic to plastic(not in backwards), thumbs are not riding the slide or slide stop up, lube the pistol, and be sure you have a firm grip not limp wristing.

Link Posted: 9/26/2016 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My first thought was the ammunition used. Is it the steel lacquered case? Just my thoughts and opinion. I'm positive your new G19 Gen 4 will be a keeper.
View Quote

It's the polymer coated Wolf. I shot a few boxes of silver bear too and 2 mags of PPU hollowpoints I had laying around, but I was shooting the PPU more for accuracy. It was really tight before shooting. It's much looser now. I'll replace parts and install as needed for it to be a keeper but I'm going to leave it alone for now. I'll pick up some brass and go from there. It's not horrible by any means. I only had 2 or 3 malfunctions that needed cleared.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:49:06 PM EDT
[#6]
My 19.4 was rough around the edges when I first got it.  I shot it a lot and stored it in the safe with the slide locked back for a week or so.  I don't get any malfunctions but about 3 rounds per 100 will come back at me.  I don't know if locking the slide back was helpful or just continuing to shoot it broke it in.

My Glock defintely needed a break-in.  Not my Ruger  or M&P45.  I'm very happy with my 19.4 now so shoot it some more and see if that helps.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 4:48:48 AM EDT
[#7]
My 19.4 ejects terribly as well. I've got about 1500 rounds through it with many different types of ammo and it happens with all of them. At least 3 times per mag (and that's 10 round mags) the spent casing is bouncing off my head/face or it barely dribbles out. Sometimes it ejects to the left. I thought it was me but no matter how tightly I grip it still happens. Otherwise I like the gun, but this drives me crazy.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'd put some hotter round through it first.
Let it wear in some.
View Quote

Let it wear some. It's been my experience you need close to 400 rounds through one before ejection becomes more robust and consistent. My new Glock 21 sometimes barely spits the empties out.

I have every confidence that a couple hundred more rounds will get mine and yours running better.

edited to add: I never shoot steel cased ammo. I think it's crap and refuse to buy it. Western nations haven't issued it since WWII. Brass cases ammo and better still, nickel plated runs 100% of the time.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 10:33:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My 19.4 ejects terribly as well. I've got about 1500 rounds through it with many different types of ammo and it happens with all of them. At least 3 times per mag (and that's 10 round mags) the spent casing is bouncing off my head/face or it barely dribbles out. Sometimes it ejects to the left. I thought it was me but no matter how tightly I grip it still happens. Otherwise I like the gun, but this drives me crazy.
View Quote

Have you considered replacing the OEM extractor with the Apex Glock Failure Resistant Extractor   extractor?
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 12:30:56 PM EDT
[#10]
For those with ejection problems what are the first three of your serial #.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 1:33:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
For those with ejection problems what are the first three of your serial #.
View Quote

BBW.

My new 19.4 came with the 30274 ejector.

My old 17.3 that I've never had an ejection issue with has 336 ejector.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 3:12:51 PM EDT
[#12]
It just seems to be part of owning a Glock now.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 9:54:18 AM EDT
[#13]
ZDF

I know about the apex extractor, I just hate having to spend money to get something to work the way it should've from day one.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 7:45:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Put another 300 rounds through it yesterday. It's much better now that it's breaking in. It was super tight when I first bought it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 6:44:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It just seems to be part of owning a Glock now.
View Quote

Sad state of affairs.

I cut my teeth on Gen 2 Glocks....never had these problems.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 8:45:02 AM EDT
[#16]
This past weekend my best friends G30 was BTFing every 3 or so rounds I still have a burn on my arm where the round landed.  It was quite annoying to say the least.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Make sure the extractor moves freely in its slot.
If the issue doesn't go away, I'd pick up an Apex extractor and white sound extractor plunger assembly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top