Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2016 2:35:20 PM EDT
Got around to putting in the minus connector in the 42.
6 shot average pull with factory connector, using Lyman digital gauge.

6lb 1oz

6 shot average with - connector

5lb 7oz

Reduced overall pull weight by 10 oz

Was really nasty feeling at first (new - connector) and no where near the 6 shot average posted above.

After my usual lapping/dryfire routine, it has smoothed up, another 2-300 dry fires and it should be good to go.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for sharing.

I'm still not sure I want to change mine.  I carry my 42 in a pocket holster.  I'm just not sure that I want I lighter trigger on a pocket gun.  It's very small and with added stress I feel a heavier trigger might be better for me.

Thanks again.

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:19:42 PM EDT
[#2]
A five pound trigger pull is not something that will go off by mistake.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A five pound trigger pull is not something that will go off by mistake.
View Quote

A two-pound trigger in a proper holster is also not something that will go off by mistake.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:12:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Follow the rules finger off trigger until ready to fire.  Make it a discipline that you never fingerband the trigger till you are on target.  Good holster also is invaluable that covers and protects the trigger.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:03:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I just replaced the connector in mine, too. I don't have a trigger gauge but I'd guesstimate that the trigger was 7-8 lbs. Smooth and crisp, but heavy. Reset was like lightning- all I did was relax my finger a little and Wham!, it reset. Very audible and tactile.

I bought the "-" connector from Glockparts.com. When I put it in, it was a night and day difference. The trigger isn't as crisp as it was, but still feels quite a bit better than a standard Glock trigger. Trigger weight is very close to a standard Glock trigger but a touch heavier, maybe 6 lbs or so. Reset is still more positive than standard Glocks, but not quite as positive as it was. Still very audible and tactile. I lightly polished it and the trigger bar with a q-tip and some Flitz and both are smooth as a baby's butt.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the new connector. When I test fired it, the lighter trigger made fast, accurate hits easier than the old trigger. I really liked the G42 before; now, I love it. A very worthwhile purchase.

Bub75
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 1:47:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Since ammo is expensive, here is aprox 250-300 rnds of dry fire after the first change of part.
This is freshly lubed with a 10 shot average, another reduction of 5.5 ounces, feels really smooth with a nice Glock wall, break is nice and predictable.

</img />

Link Posted: 10/2/2016 5:02:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Where did you find a factory -connector for the G42? I recently bought 2 G42's one for me and one for my son for his birthday he will be 26 oct 4th. I just wanted to add that so everyone would know he is a adult and not a child I bought it for. I really like mine and after a 100 rounds and a good cleaning my trigger feels bettter than the one I am giving my son, It is still new unfired.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 5:29:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Where did you find a factory -connector for the G42? I recently bought 2 G42's one for me and one for my son for his birthday he will be 26 oct 4th. I just wanted to add that so everyone would know he is a adult and not a child I bought it for. I really like mine and after a 100 rounds and a good cleaning my trigger feels bettter than the one I am giving my son, It is still new unfired.
View Quote
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_13/170386___minus_connector__for_42_43__back_in_stock.html

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top