User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 4:38:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am fucking livid!!! Just got it back... they started tracing the frame but never fucking finished it!!!  On hold now!!! I'm about to lose my shit!!!
View Quote

Wow. What the hell? What I wanna know is how it even left them without the work done?

Agency got too big, too fast.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 4:39:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Haha, everyone warned you that you would get Agency'd, and you did! Why people soak 2k into a Glock, when all it needs is good sights and a tuned trigger...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am fucking livid!!! Just got it back... they started tracing the frame but never fucking finished it!!!  On hold now!!! I'm about to lose my shit!!!

Haha, everyone warned you that you would get Agency'd, and you did! Why people soak 2k into a Glock, when all it needs is good sights and a tuned trigger...

Because we can.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 5:36:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow ... any pics? I would think they would notice if they didn't stipple the frame before sending out.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Well... just dropped off my frame at UPS. When I got through I told them what had happened... he pulled my work order and said "Do you remember talking to Aiden?" I said I did and he asked if I remembered canceling the frame work that was on my original order and just telling them to do the slide and trigger only...I assured him I did not cancel any frame work... then he said it didn't make sense since there was no reimbursement... so... he sent me a return label and I just dropped it off at UPS. I was assured it would be corrected and done the day it got there and be back on it's way to me that night... so hopefully by Monday I will have it back.

I did tell him I was returning the frame only for them to fix... my ffl stripped out the frame and put it in my 23 frame with the slide until my 19 frame is back...

With all that being said... and how pissed I am... the slide work and trigger are very nice. I'll enjoy it much more once it's what I ordered.

I spoke with Phil... and he was genuinely sorry... shit does happen... so as long as they fix it I will be happy. From what I can see so far of the product... it's quality.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 6:27:11 PM EDT
[#5]
In for interesting.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 10:30:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Wow. What the hell? What I wanna know is how it even left them without the work done?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  I thought getting to the NOC and Classified as quickly as they did was a mistake.  Teething issues with any company that sees that level of growth.

Glad I got my build done early.  My build # is under 500. :D
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 11:50:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Agreed.  I thought getting to the NOC and Classified as quickly as they did was a mistake.  Teething issues with any company that sees that level of growth.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah....the NOC's have been "at the coaters" for 3 months.....I honestly believe they're having technical issues with them.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 6:20:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah....the NOC's have been "at the coaters" for 3 months.....I honestly believe they're having technical issues with them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They had issues with their normal place and switched to a new vendor because of it, they are back and in final assembly now and should ship very soon.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 1:14:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Who's doing the cerakoting for them now?  It's not blown deadline?
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 5:55:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Who's doing the cerakoting for them now?  It's not blown deadline?
View Quote

I believe most of their single color slides go to someone else from what I have heard, but I do now know which shop.

The battleworn/custom/matching cerakoted frame+slide stuff goes to Blown from what I understand.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 12:19:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They initially had some issues with jacket separation that was realized right after SHOT, so drastically redesigned the comp and thoroughly tested it before having to re-machine a lot of the parts(and in the end improving on the original design). All this during a move to a new(and larger) facility that wound up taking much longer than expected due to multiple delays, increasing demand, etc. Once the parts were completed, issues started arising with the past coating company they were using, causing them to locate a new company. Just a lot of issues that keep compounding, which sucks.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 12:42:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Well... Agency kept their word. They received it this morning and had it finished and shipped back out this evening... will post an update when I get it Tuesday.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 1:45:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well... Agency kept their word. They received it this morning and had it finished and shipped back out this evening... will post an update when I get it Tuesday.
View Quote

Great news!  Enjoy your pistol.  They're awesome, I still enjoy mine when I get it out to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 8:51:15 AM EDT
[#14]

Agency made it right. They had it back Friday morning and had it sent back out to me with the frame finished that night. Was supposed to get it back Monday but UPS held it all day at another facility even though it was supposed to be delivered Monday... so I had to wait an extra day and got it back Tuesday. I was a little concerned that they were going to rush it since they got it done so quick... But... The work and attention to detail are absolutely incredible! A full build 17 may be in my future at some point.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 11:20:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Gorgeous Gun, enjoy it ! I've been thinking of getting my 17 done. I think the work looks better on the 19 since the proportions and length are shorter. Another issue I have is I Ike the field version cause I don't like. Having opennings on my carry gun. The gold barrel really sets it off though if you have the opennings on the slide.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 3:53:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Any shots of the gun with just the outline stippling started? Just curious as to how it looked when you got it the first time. I always wondered if they used a straight edge stippling tip that matches their waffle stippling to do the borders.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 8:01:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Any shots of the gun with just the outline stippling started? Just curious as to how it looked when you got it the first time. I always wondered if they used a straight edge stippling tip that matches their waffle stippling to do the borders.
View Quote

I didn't take any pics when I got it because I was kinda beside myself and returned it almost immediately. It looked like it was traced along and slightly scored where the stippling would be... but agency assured me they didn't have it in the work order... so I'm assuming it was one hell of a coincidental "scratch" along the left side of the frame that I don't recall being there when I originally shipped it. I even had the folks at my ffl look at it and they agreed it looked like it it was the boarder for the stippling and "accelerator cut".
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 4:10:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I didn't take any pics when I got it because I was kinda beside myself and returned it almost immediately. It looked like it was traced along and slightly scored where the stippling would be... but agency assured me they didn't have it in the work order... so I'm assuming it was one hell of a coincidental "scratch" along the left side of the frame that I don't recall being there when I originally shipped it. I even had the folks at my ffl look at it and they agreed it looked like it it was the boarder for the stippling and "accelerator cut".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha. Their stippling has very clean and defined borders, but there is no recess around it at all. It is raised from the grip surface a tiny bit with no smooth border around the texture, I was just curious how they get that perfectly defined edge.

Now go shoot it, I love my AA 19
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 11:19:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

They initially had some issues with jacket separation that was realized right after SHOT, so drastically redesigned the comp and thoroughly tested it before having to re-machine a lot of the parts(and in the end improving on the original design). All this during a move to a new(and larger) facility that wound up taking much longer than expected due to multiple delays, increasing demand, etc. Once the parts were completed, issues started arising with the past coating company they were using, causing them to locate a new company. Just a lot of issues that keep compounding, which sucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel ya. Just a little impatient. Lol.

I got a NOC with TiN coated barrel and comp preordered. I can't wait. It is my holy grail gun.
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 3:20:44 PM EDT
[#20]
They do look nice, but frankly I'd rather send my frame to polymer refined, have someone do slide work, and then drop in an S3F barrel and an AA trigger/OEM 3.5 with polished guts, heavy trigger spring and apex firing pin block and have what.....like 1000 dollars left over for ammo and have the exact same thing.

Maybe I don't get it, but its not like there is anything they do to hand fit anything in that gun.  Its all drop in stuff with the exception of maybe polishing some guts?
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 3:28:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
They do look nice, but frankly I'd rather send my frame to polymer refined, have someone do slide work, and then drop in an S3F barrel and an AA trigger/OEM 3.5 with polished guts, heavy trigger spring and apex firing pin block and have what.....like 1000 dollars left over for ammo and have the exact same thing.

Maybe I don't get it, but its not like there is anything they do to hand fit anything in that gun.  Its all drop in stuff with the exception of maybe polishing some guts?
View Quote

AFAIK, triggers are matched and hand fit to the individual gun. It isn't as far fetched as it sounds- I had a drop in trigger that was amazing in one Gen 3 G19 and then put that same trigger into another identical G19 Gen 3, and the trigger was noticeable not as "nice".
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 11:57:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

AFAIK, triggers are matched and hand fit to the individual gun. It isn't as far fetched as it sounds- I had a drop in trigger that was amazing in one Gen 3 G19 and then put that same trigger into another identical G19 Gen 3, and the trigger was noticeable not as "nice".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes sense.  They sent out a shit ton that didn't work in any gun so I guess it makes sense that "hand fitting" may be required.

Glocktriggers has setups that feel awfully nice....
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Since the last call when they said a few weeks I was told it was back and should be done this past weds after test fire and cleaning... called back Friday since I'm leaving Monday... and was told that they're waiting on my slide to get done then test fired/cleaned etc...(guess it wasn't back when they said it was) will be starting week 18 on Monday from a 12-13 week original quoted turnaround time from when I got the call to confirm the work order when they received it.

Yeah... I know I'm bitching... but I like being given correct information regarding my stuff when I put out well over a grand for a service.
View Quote

18 weeks seem like a long time.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 10:40:28 PM EDT
[#24]
gucci gun.

OP - it's the indian, not the arrow.  That gun doesn't make you any better/faster.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 11:10:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
gucci gun.

OP - it's the indian, not the arrow.  That gun doesn't make you any better/faster.
View Quote

What's that have to do with anything? Pretty sure he knows that....I mean, he's only a current/former EOD tech.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 4:16:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
gucci gun.

View Quote

Indians were far behind in both cultural and technological development.

Link Posted: 10/18/2016 8:37:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
gucci gun.

View Quote

Oh, I get what you're saying. But it's the bow we're talking about here... not the arrow. You give that same Indian a bow that feels like it was made just for him... I bet he'll shoot the fuck out of that arrow.

I have countless hours training... military, LE, SWAT school, etc...(not trying to say I'm operator as fuck by any means... just that I know a little about tactics and how to shoot) and I'll tell you what... I am already out shooting myself with it now vs then. Is it "Gucci"?... Sure it is! But I like it.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top