Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2016 5:36:10 PM EDT
I have been thinking about sending my gen 2 GLOCK 17 in to them to get it replaced.  The frame is compromised because there is a big moon shaped crack in the bottom of the frame on the left side of the gun.

Has anyone had experience with the GLOCK Frame Replacement Program?  

Thanks your input.

Link Posted: 8/8/2016 7:45:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I replaced my Gen 2 G17 frame with a Gen 3 early this summer.  Since Glock is located about an hour and a half's drive from home, I was able to drive over one afternoon & do the deal, and the face-to-face swap was drama-free.  To upgrade via mail you'll probably want to call Glock Technical Services at (770) 432-1202. The person I spoke with there was quite helpful.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I replaced my Gen 2 G17 frame with a Gen 3 early this summer.  Since Glock is located about an hour and a half's drive from home, I was able to drive over one afternoon & do the deal, and the face-to-face swap was drama-free.  To upgrade via mail you'll probably want to call Glock Technical Services at (770) 432-1202. The person I spoke with there was quite helpful.
View Quote

I called them today and talked to a gentleman named Austin about it. I might want to call him back if it is possible to get a MOS cut on the new gen three slide.  My only other question is about the slide finish on the new gen three.  I know that my Gen 2 has tenifer finish that is very strong, I don't want to have to end up refinishing the new 17 slide in six month like I did with my 19.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 9:11:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Glockstore has frames 75 bucks
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 9:34:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Glockstore has frames 75 bucks
View Quote

Cool Thanks.  Which parts will swap over with ease and which will not?
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 9:08:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Gen 2 & 3 have identical frame parts
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 9:39:23 AM EDT
[#6]
that is a tempting deal,  they said they are brand new frames.  you could build a new Glock for around 400 dollars.......

Link Posted: 8/9/2016 10:17:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 2:14:07 PM EDT
[#8]
What is the turn around time from shipment to return to sender?
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 3:47:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 9:09:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Arfcom sure knows how to snatch up a good deal had one in my cart to buy and poof they are gone!
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#11]
I had the frame replaced on a Glock 30. When I took it in for service at the factory,  Glock said the frame had been damaged. They were great and easy to deal with.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 4:00:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I had the frame replaced on a Glock 30. When I took it in for service at the factory,  Glock said the frame had been damaged. They were great and easy to deal with.
View Quote

I just mailed a G22 Gen 2 frame in for update. Waiting to see how long it will take to receive the new one. I hear they will mail it directly to my home. FYI don't try to use UPS to mail any firearms related parts. They will refuse to do it. They just lost my business. I am using FedEx from now on. Cost $100 and return shipping is on them.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Will they replace a gen4 frame?
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 6:31:44 PM EDT
[#14]
dang I would have traded a newer frame for a gen2....
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 7:46:08 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

dang I would have traded a newer frame for a gen2....
View Quote
Hey ! I have a gen 2 frame.  Police trade in.  Stippled.  Pretty rough.  PM me if you may be interested in a trade.  I'm looking for a Gen3

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:53:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I just mailed a G22 Gen 2 frame in for update. Waiting to see how long it will take to receive the new one. I hear they will mail it directly to my home. FYI don't try to use UPS to mail any firearms related parts. They will refuse to do it. They just lost my business. I am using FedEx from now on. Cost $100 and return shipping is on them.
View Quote

Good lord, I hope you don't mean it cost $100 to ship it...
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 1:11:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$10 or so to ship. No $100 for the frame replacement and they pay return shipping. They will ship to my house directly, no FFL involvement.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 2:14:34 PM EDT
[#18]
I have had them replace one frame at the factory. It was a Gen2 17 that I acquired with a ruined frame for dirt cheap. $100 and about an hour later I had a brand new Gen3 lower and was on my way. Great customer service.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 8:04:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Well my credit card was charged $108 by Glock INC.  Must mean it's on it's way to me?
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 1:17:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Well my credit card was charged $108 by Glock INC.  Must mean it's on it's way to me?
View Quote

How do you go about shipping out the damaged frame, did you call them or just fill out a form online?
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 8:26:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

How do you go about shipping out the damaged frame, did you call them or just fill out a form online?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fill out the warranty form, put in a box and shipped it to them FedEx ground for $10. Stripped it of all parts. Sent stripped frame in. Weighed about .5 lbs.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#22]
I just sent my GLOCK off to get the frame and the slide internals replaced.  The only shipping options were Next Day and Two Day.  I picked two-day because it was cheaper.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 11:45:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Well got it back today. Sent in completely stripped and this is what I got back. I'm totally satisfied. CC was charged $108 two days ago. I shipped them the stripped Glock 22 Gen 2 lower completely devoid of any parts. I mailed in the form on the last picture requesting a frame upgrade and included my CC info. Shipping to Glock INC was FedEx ground and cost me $10.

Like new G37 and some spare Gen 2 parts

Link Posted: 8/18/2016 8:55:56 AM EDT
[#24]
so did they swap your serial # plate or do you have a new S/N?

PS* you really shouldn't have sent that frame via FedEx ground, but oh well.  One Rate FedEx probably would've been okay though.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 11:10:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

PS* you really shouldn't have sent that frame via FedEx ground, but oh well.  One Rate FedEx probably would've been okay though.
View Quote

Yes brand new serial number. There are no laws that say you can't ship ground. Just company policies. FFLs ship ground all the time. If you want to by all means ship air and pay $60.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 10:21:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yes brand new serial number. There are no laws that say you can't ship ground. Just company policies. FFLs ship ground all the time. If you want to by all means ship air and pay $60.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, I could care less.  I think the law is stupid, but yes, there is laws that say you (not an FFL) cannot ship via ground.  FFL's can even use USPS Priority.  Regular folks cannot.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 8:32:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Hey, I could care less.  I think the law is stupid, but yes, there is laws that say you (not an FFL) cannot ship via ground.  FFL's can even use USPS Priority.  Regular folks cannot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oops! Oh well it worked out ok.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 11:07:21 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, you only violated policy, not law. The law says common carriers (UPS & Fedex) must be used for handguns from private shippers. It doesn't mandate the method of shipping.. Those common carriers are the ones that saying overnight only.

Any loss/damage claim probably wouldn't get paid if you choose to break policy.

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 11:16:50 PM EDT
[#29]
It got to Smyrna, Georga this morning at 9:32 AM.  Now the waiting begins.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 11:24:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 11:42:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

No, you only violated policy, not law. The law says common carriers (UPS & Fedex) must be used for handguns from private shippers. It doesn't mandate the method of shipping.. Those common carriers are the ones that saying overnight only.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They didn't ask and I didn't tell them. They did not send me tracking. They have a super fast turn around. Frame will be back to you in no time.

Here is frame I upgraded. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_88/1573229_Stripped_Glock_17_22_Generation_2_frame_some_stipling__125_shipped_to_your_FFL.html
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:32:47 PM EDT
[#32]
I got mine back from GLOCK today. The sent the old sights back which is strange because I don't want them anymore.  The slide is still the same with the Austrian Proof mark.
I'm Happy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top