Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2016 12:48:11 PM EDT
Hello arfcom!
I have a quick question that the hive may be able to answer.  I was going through my safe and I came across a Gen 4 Glock 17 in OD green that I had picked up a few years ago and never shot.  
I'm not a real expert in all things Glock, but after a little research it seems these were discontinued at one time.  My question is do these command any kind of premium over other Gen 4 Glocks out there?  
Thanks,
BusterBrown
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:51:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Some people will pay more, I personally wouldn't but people do
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:04:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I gave $395 for a BNIB G37 a few months ago. Someone might pay more.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:29:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Is your G17 a gen 4? What does the part number on the case state? I was thinking that the 'OD' green frames were gen 3's. There was a FDE recently. Presently there is a BFG green. They are in gen 4 as well (both were). Prior to that there was a grey frame. In the serial number, if it came from Glock as a colored frame, it will (most of the time) have the color code at the end of the part number. Lypsies usually order lots in differnt colors. Their the ones who brought BFG and grey frames and FDE frames.

Glock did a OD frame years back I do know in gen 3.

Cerakoted frames not the same.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:34:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Is your G17 a gen 4? What does the part number on the case state? I was thinking that the 'OD' green frames were gen 3's. There was a FDE recently. Presently there is a BFG green. They are in gen 4 as well (both were). Prior to that there was a grey frame. In the serial number, if it came from Glock as a colored frame, it will (most of the time) have the color code at the end of the part number. Lypsies usually order lots in differnt colors. Their the ones who brought BFG and grey frames and FDE frames.

Glock did a OD frame years back I do know in gen 3.

Cerakoted frames not the same.
View Quote

There was a run of OD Gen 4's about 2 years ago

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:41:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Glock stopped producing guns in colors several years ago, basically saying unless a distributer was willing to make a large commitment (vaguely remember 10K per model 100K total, although I could be wrong) they would produce them.

Since that time frame.... FDE, OD, and Gray glocks have all been produced for different distributors.  Original OD glocks were made pre-gen4, so if you have a gen4 OD.... you have a fairly recent production.

Nothing all that special, some people will pay more for them, other won't.  I see a lot of low round count colored models in LGS that are used and for sale.

~g
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:13:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the replies guys.  The box has a red label that says G17 GEN4 OD  FXD 5.5 LB

I can email someone a couple of pics if they would post them for me.

BB

ETA:  I bought it second hand in 2013 if I recall.  I don't know how long the guy before me had it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:16:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Been keeping my eye out for a new or used gen 4 17 under $450. Haven't been successful for a few months now...
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:38:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Glock resale values are strong now. They have increased over the past year. Good luck getting a used G19 for bargin price as well.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 7:18:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Love my G4 OD Glock. Picked mine up a couple years ago just after they stopped making them. I much prefer this over the battlefield green Glocks.

If you find the right person, they'll probably pay a bit more ($50-100) but I doubt you'll get any more than that.

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#10]
When I bought my grey Glocks, the G17 was same price as black; my G19 was 30.00 higher; my G21 was same price as black. All three were different sellers.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the info guys!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top