Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2016 12:57:11 AM EDT
Oh and it would be replacing my Walther PPS.  I just want a change.

I would put Ameriglo I-dots on it to match my 19.4. I would also buy some grip extensions but I don't know which ones are better.  

Or should I go to the Glock 26 to match my 19?  
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:30:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Shoot it a lot?

(I love mine)
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:48:29 AM EDT
[#2]
FPNI

I love mine as well all though I've only had it for a couple weeks and it's only got about two hundred rounds through it.

Very accurate and comfortable to carry.

I highly suggest it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 3:14:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I would put Ameriglo I-dots on it to match my 19.4. I would also buy some grip extensions but I don't know which ones are better.  
View Quote
If you're happy with the size of the PPS, get the new PPS.  If you want a  gnats ass smaller, know the following about the G43:

Even with the Ghost connector, the trigger SUCKS due to a hard break, shortish reach, and resistance free overtravel.

It's quite accurate in slow fire with practice.

The trigger guard is cramped so the underside of your trigger finger will get a nasty blister from dragging.

The pistol is very snappy with 147gr at least, much more so than the PPS, and the beavertail is sharper and narrower and more down swept than the doublestack Glocks, so, at least unaltered, it will take the skin off your thumb web down to the juicy part with meaningful range sessions.  

Rapid fire is extremely difficult no matter how hard you squeeze cause it tends to squirt around in your hand, especially sweaty, and the trigger still sucks.  You'll want to texture the grip.  I had very rare issues with premature lockback, and failure to, with the Vickers slide release, so I went back to the factory one.  The Vickers is also dimensioned for the 42 and requires modification to be properly sprung and retain the trigger pin.

I'm hoping Apex figures something out with the trigger as they're the only ones I trust for that, and I can unfuck the rest.

It seems to prefer Winchester SD loads to HST for accuracy among the 147s, and I'm not sure on Gold Dots.

The Ghost +2 polymer extensions with extended CS springs are outstanding, and as low-pro as possible for reloads, very secure and won't pop off if dropped full from chest height on tile at various angles.

I've gotten brass straight back to the forehead a couple times in 750 rds.  Not horrible for a Glock but it's early.  Ejection can be a tad erratic but better than most unmodified doublestack glocks.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 7:49:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Absolutely get a G43. Mine hits that sweet spot of concealability and functionality.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 7:52:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I just sold my 43 to buy a 26!  I just couldn't shoot the 43 as accurately as I wanted. Don't know why?  I shoot my 5 other glocks great and even my little bodyguard .380 i shoot accuratley. For some reason I just could t get the hang of the 43.  Now I have the 26 and love it! Supper accurate and just as easy to conceal so far.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:53:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I got a 43.  Squirts around in my hand a bit.  I need to have the side of te dust cover stippled.  I think I'm going to undercut the trigger guard as well to help aid in recoil management.  Great gun and I'm just as accuarate with it as my g19 during slow fire.  I prefer the g19 for cc but use the 43 when I'm wearing really light clothing.  In the winter I'll turn it into a BUG and stick it in my boot using the desantis holster I got.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#7]
I carry the 43 more than any of my other hand guns.

If the trigger sucks, it has the old connector in it.

You can replace it with a Ghost Edge, or at this point, send it in for the new 33564 connector.

Dave N
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:03:18 PM EDT
[#8]

I love mine.

It's setup this way:

Talon Grips (Helps a lot)
Ameriglo Spartans
TLR-6
TTI +2 (Haven't had any function problems; I am running the TTI springs)

Appendix holster with a wing, of your choice.

I have carried a 19 and a 26 a lot. What I found with the 43 is I can carry it AIWB, with a second mag AIWB as well and the load balances out on the belt and it thus WAY more comfortable to carry every day than the 26 or 19 could ever be. With the spare mag, I'm still carrying 16+1 albeit in 2 mags. 2 mags CAN be a positive in terms of a malfunction drill.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:08:31 PM EDT
[#9]
My 43 replaced a j frame snub as my carry every where gun. 43 in one pocket and a spare mag in the other works perfect. I can shoot my 43 better with the magazine extension mags vs the flat bottom models. Never cared for my 26 and the funky two finger hold thing. Whichever gun you shoot best.

I did not put trijicon hd's on the 43 because I read they had sharp edges.

I like the 147's best in the small gun.

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:16:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Same here, love mine.  I bought the taran tactical mag extensions, but that was mainly bc no one else made them when I bought them.  I also put ameri glos on mine.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:08:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Just make sure that it's a recent production g43 with the improved connector
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:17:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Buy a garter belt to put it in, because it's a chick's gun.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 3:58:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Listen close to the guys that say they are tough to shoot.

It's not an easy pistol to shoot for some people. I had some problems at first getting all dialed in, however my friend didn't seem to have any problems shooting it right off the bat.

It's an amazing pistol though. I love mine and was carrying it often until I let my GF get her hands on it....I'm now back to carrying my G19
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 4:09:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Pocket carry mine every day. Toss a spare mag in my other pocket and I'm ready to rock. I love mine. My wife has one as well and she loves it.

Mines the black one I promise.

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 4:41:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does anyone have a source for the factory extended floor plate? Finger extension, or whatever its called?
View Quote

I haven't seen any factory ones. Pearce makes extended floor plates that look nearly identical to the Glock one though. You can get +1, +2, and I think they have one that's just a pinkie extension.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You can replace it with a Ghost Edge, or at this point, send it in for the new 33564 connector.

Dave N
View Quote

Is there a way to tell the new connector on sight?
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I like mine.
I carry it in a Concealment Express IWB.
It's so thin, it disappears under a T shirt with no problem.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:57:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:36:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Love mine It was a lot softer shooting then I was expecting I do find the lack of capacity some what unsettling so my 19 is usually what I grab
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 3:24:50 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dave N

From the pictures I've seen, on the new one the lip that the tip of the trigger bar rides against to pull it down off the striker pawl isn't square to the long body of the connector but rather higher in the rear, meaning closer to parallel with the rails.

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 6:29:46 AM EDT
[#22]
I find I rarely carry anything else since I got mine. I don't find it difficult to shoot, it's quite soft shooting.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 8:41:02 AM EDT
[#23]
I've been very happy with mine, probably 3-400 rounds in, ghost pro and taran +2 makes for a nice gun.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 12:41:05 PM EDT
[#24]
My 43 just came back from Smyrna with the new connector.

Just as nice as my 42 that came back.

The 33564 connectors really feel nice for a carry pistol.

Dave N
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dave N

it has the number "33564" stamped on it

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 1:37:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Been hearing rumors that G42s & 43s are shipping with better, or at least lighter, triggers. If so, that would address my biggest complaint.

Next would be a higher capacity magazine. My PPS M1 has 6, 7 & 8 round mags. My Shield has 7 & 8 rounders, and even the normally substandard Promag 10 rounders seem to run fine. My LC9S has 7 rounders. For me it's just an issue of having more grip area, and if I can get another round of capacity, then yea. Most of the time my Shield & PPS run the 8 rounders.

You hear me Glock? Don't come back til you can sell me a G43 with a trigger as good as my bone stock gen4 G21 with an available factory 7 & 8 round magazine.

A crappy trigger is NOT a safety feature...

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 3:17:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Been hearing rumors that G42s & 43s are shipping with better, or at least lighter, triggers. If so, that would address my biggest complaint.
Next would be a higher capacity magazine. My PPS M1 has 6, 7 & 8 round mags. My Shield has 7 & 8 rounders, and even the normally substandard Promag 10 rounders seem to run fine. My LC9S has 7 rounders. For me it's just an issue of having more grip area, and if I can get another round of capacity, then yea. Most of the time my Shield & PPS run the 8 rounders.
You hear me Glock? Don't come back til you can sell me a G43 with a trigger as good as my bone stock gen4 G21 with an available factory 7 & 8 round magazine.
A crappy trigger is NOT a safety feature...
View Quote
The Ghost +2s are phenomenal and totally reliable.  They're  low-pro and comfy, I've had zero issues in several hundred rds through the modded mags, they don't separate when dropped hard when full, and there's no loss of spring pressure on the last round.

http://www.ghostinc.com/product/GHO_43_MINIMED/G43-MAGAZINE-EXTENSION-DEVICE---MED.html

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 3:31:26 PM EDT
[#28]
I love the 43, very easy to shoot(for me, anyhow) with trijicon hd's and either the flat bases or the factory pinky extensions.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 3:57:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I like my 43 way more than my 27
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave N

Yep.

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 9:24:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dave N

Thanks. Not sure if it was marked or not.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:55:32 PM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like mine.
I carry it in a Concealment Express IWB.
It's so thin, it disappears under a T shirt with no problem.

http://www.amazon.com/Concealment-Express-IWB-KYDEX-Holster/dp/B016D2OTSM/ref=cm_wl_huc_item

Never heard of them, but they look good.

I use the same holster with mine. Debating something similar for the extra mag or just pocket carry. What is everyone using?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top