Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 11:51:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Isn't brass direction controlled by the ejector face   1911 guys used to grind it to adjust the angle.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Isn't brass direction controlled by the ejector face   1911 guys used to grind it to adjust the angle.

View Quote

I used to use a guy in Carthage Texas to tune extractors on the 1911. He's an ex airforce pistol team armorer and can set the ejection to drop brass down the collar of the person to your right if your so inclined. I've seen him put one on a ransom rest and tune it to drop brass into a five gallon bucket every time. It nice to not have to chase brass everytime you shoot. My goldcup piles them in a neat pile about 2-3 feet across just in front of the shooting line, unless I'm at an indoor range. If I'm somewhere with divided lanes I'll be hunting brass, it hits the divider about 7 ft up and goes wherever it wants to.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:04:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes and no.  Extractor tension is definitely a factor.  For instance, on a 1911, if you're getting brass to the forehead the first suspect is always the extractor tension and you go from there.  Many a shooter has remedied 1911 brass issues by bending the extractor.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#4]
This is truly a case where the correct answer is glock 19
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:30:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This is truly a case where the correct answer is glock 19
View Quote

Or if you bothered to read any of my responses, that it isn't the answer to my question at all.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Apex gave the the expected "we don't recommend you modify it in any way" response.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Just had mods move this thread here, since I'll be more likely to get more sound tech advice than in GD.

Update, Apex offered to work up a quote for me to have their gunsmith receive the gun and get it running, so we'll see what they quote me, but I thought that was helpful.  I'd like to do the tinkering myself, but it might be time to put it in someone else's hands.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top