Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2016 7:13:00 PM EDT
Every other glock ive had has been a 3rd gen. LGS only had 2 Gen 4 19s left in stock so I grabbed one.

Seems like trigger guts are all the same as 3rd gen and all the springs in the slide are as well, with the exception of the guide rod & spring.....so I'll be able to use my ghost spring kit and just get a new connector for a trigger job.

About the guide rod, i see lone wolf makes a steel dual spring specifically for the gen 4s and also an adapter to use the "older" style single rod & spring setup. Anyone have any experience with either of these, and what are the pro's & cons?

Anything else I should know about the gen 4s? I like the larger mag release button, i have yet to try the back straps. gun came with nights sights so im good there. excited to hit the range with it!
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:12:21 PM EDT
[#1]
My advice? Leave it as-is. Take the money you were going to use on "upgrades" and buy a case of ammo instead. Go to the range and get some trigger time. Run some drills. To me, there is nothing better than a broken-in Glock.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My advice? Leave it as-is. Take the money you were going to use on "upgrades" and buy a case of ammo instead. Go to the range and get some trigger time. Run some drills. To me, there is nothing better than a broken-in Glock.
View Quote

This.  You don't need to meSS with the RSA or any of that

I would get new sights tho.  Ameriglo gft-113's can be had for like 35 bucks and they're suhhhweet.  You can use any connector you want, as far as I know, so no need to go buying lots of new stuff.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:31:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I've not had a single problem with the dual spring assemblies in any of my 10+ gen 4s that I've owned over thousands of rounds
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 9:46:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've not had a single problem with the dual spring assemblies in any of my 10+ gen 4s that I've owned over thousands of rounds
View Quote

Jealous.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:02:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I tried the gen 3 spring and adapter from wolf in my g17g4 because I was told the gen spring set up was the way to go....

Well I'm back to the oem dual spring the single spring from wolf was excessively noisy like sliding a knife across a stone sharpener, the adapter was crap it did t even fit the guide rod screw so it had to be drilled out more..  just stick with the oem one.

I have the ghost inc ranger #4.5 trigger kit and it's great.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:05:26 PM EDT
[#6]
When I got my gen 4 G17, I installed a competition trigger spring (5-10 bucks iirc), an oem extended mag catch (5 bucks) and new sights. The only malfunctions I've had were rounds of wolf steel cased that failed to ignite on the first primer strike.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:40:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I use the jager guide rod and adapter but as others have said, unless it's a gamer gun or you need to run various spring weights it's sort of pointless.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:56:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Warning issued - AJE
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:39:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the correct answer, leave it alone.... as most that don't listen will start a thread whining about how it no longer works after "their upgrade".

~g
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 12:39:17 AM EDT
[#10]
G19.4 the only "needed" upgrade for the trigger is the heavy reset spring anything else is ok .  I run a "-" connector and lighter striker block spring/safety plunger with the heavy reset spring.  Other stuff I have changed was the extended slide stop and Heinie slant pro straight 8 night sights.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:19:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Get a jäger rod with a 15lb Spring. The stock guns are way oversprung as they are designed for stuff like +p+. You'll get weaker ejection and more recoil when you are shooting stuff like target ammo. Leave the stock in for when you shoot hotter stuff or for when it's loaded with defense ammo.

Most competition guys use 13lb Spring for 9mm but that's for ammo right around 130pf. Some, like Bob Vogel use 11lb springs but that would scare me because of possible out of battery issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top